- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Can I rearrange my PB's bookmarks?
Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new PlayBook user. So far, the experience has been most excellent.
I have, however, come across a quirk for which I can find no solution: I have a number of bookmarks saved in the browser. They were added in a somewhat haphazard/chronological manner, and I'd like to rearrange them into a more logical order. How can you rearrange bookmarks in the PB's browser, or can you even do it?
Thanks for any guidance...
- 11-23-2012, 03:28 PM #2
Currently not a feature that's available but high in demand and it will be there in BlackBerry 10.
One suggestion is to store them on your home screen in a folder where you can organize them. Failing that your other option is to delete and add in the order you would like.Regards,
Playbook 16G 126.96.36.1996
Playbook 64G 188.8.131.526
- CrackBerry Genius
11-23-2012, 04:41 PM #4
- 3,431 Posts
There is a somewhat tedious workaround that I use to organize my bookmarks. The process involves first opening all of your bookmarks, one by one, in the browser, and again bookmarking each site, only this time choosing "Add to Home Screen" instead of "Add to Bookmarks". Then, create a folder on your homescreen and put all of the homescreen bookmarks in the folder. Then, organize the bookmarks in the folder as you wish them to appear in your Browser. Now delete all bookmarks in Browser, and then start opening each of the homescreen bookmarks and re-bookmarking them in Browser. They'll then show in the order you want. Not an ideal solution, but it does work.
- By Will835 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 25Last Post: 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
- By jester91rn in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 16Last Post: 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
- By fastartcee in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 53Last Post: 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
- By fourcand in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 6Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
- By fourcand in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:06 AM