Does anyone know how I can get read of playbook OS and load ANDROID not a theme but full android. So sick of playbook OS.
    05-11-12 09:20 AM
    no
    10 chars
    05-11-12 09:21 AM
    It can't be done and since there are litterally hundreds of Android tablets out there, why would you want to install android on the Playbook? It would not even look right size the bezel is a little thick for swiping; it would be of no use. If you wan't an android, just purchase yourself an android tablet.
    05-11-12 09:28 AM
    Android OS no. Android applications yes but not all. If you are sick of PB OS you should consider to get an Android tablet.
    05-11-12 09:35 AM
    Contrary to what is posted above, it could be done, but it would require a FULL virtual machine, rather than the partial one existing now, and it would be running as an app within PB OS. It would also have poor performance in comparison to PB OS, seeing as two OSes would be running at the same time. It would be somewhat like running a Linux distro in VirtualBox or VMWare Player on a Windows PC. It would also be a lot of work, and it is highly unlikely anyone will do it.
    05-11-12 10:00 AM
    Contrary to what is posted above, it could be done, but it would require a FULL virtual machine, rather than the partial one existing now, and it would be running as an app within PB OS. It would also have poor performance in comparison to PB OS, seeing as two OSes would be running at the same time. It would be somewhat like running a Linux distro in VirtualBox or VMWare Player on a Windows PC. It would also be a lot of work, and it is highly unlikely anyone will do it.

No it cant be done (without access to the boot loader among other things). The OP asked on how to get rid (i interpreted the spelling) of the QNX based OS on the Playbook. Using a VM inside of the OS wouldn't satisfy this request.
    05-11-12 10:30 AM
    No it cant be done (without access to the boot loader among other things). The OP asked on how to get rid (i interpreted the spelling) of the QNX based OS on the Playbook. Using a VM inside of the OS wouldn't satisfy this request.
    Well I was explaining the closest possible way it could be done.
    05-11-12 11:01 AM
    Pointless thread is pointless.
    Rello and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-11-12 11:03 AM
    Sell your playbook and buy a fire.

1 month later....sell your fire and buy a Playbook again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 05:48 PM
    Buy yourself a cheap Android tablet. PlayBook is not for cheap people like you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 06:05 PM
    And no need to spit out words like that, it won't do any good.
    05-11-12 06:08 PM
    why??? PB's are a few hundred quid and you can buy a droid tab for 60 quid...'course, if you want to throw money away...throw it in my direction. better still, post me your PB and then buy a droid tab

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 06:32 PM
    if you are sick of pb OS, consider using Windows.

All you need is download a remote desktop app.
    05-11-12 09:27 PM
    Did anyone get Android to load yet... Waiting...
    05-12-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD