I use a company blackberry and am trying to get the new Calendar experience instead of using the Bridge calendar, which is not updated from OS 1.

So following advice here, I've setup a gmail calendar, downloaded gmail sync onto my phone and set that up.

If I get a *new* calendar meeting invite in my company outlook, it gets added to my outlook, blackberry phone, syncs to Google, then downloads onto my playbook calendar (playbook is setup to use the gmail calendar).

However, none of the previously setup calendar items (e.g. re-occuring meetings, meetings coming up that were setup a week ago, etc) show up in google or on the playbook.

I have the settings in Google sync on my phone setup to grab the last 4 weeks and the next 52 weeks. I've tried the manual sync, automatic sync, tried pulling the phone battery and rebooting.

No problems with the contacts syncing.

Any other suggestions?

I love the new 2.0 stuff...just want to use that slick new calendar app instead of the old bridged one...

Thanks!
    02-21-12 07:55 PM
    shameless bump
    02-22-12 07:12 AM
    Calendar sync...possible solution

Please understand this may not be exactly what you're looking but:

Here's what I discovered, give it a shot. it's a working workaround, sorry it's not perfect, but you

don't have to deal with millions of duplicates when you attempt to sync your Google Sync with the BB

calendar app.

Do this:
    Sign in to your Google account using BB's web browser. Then access the Calendar feature from a WEB PAGE.

Do NOT use the BB Calendar application that's built into the memory. Google's mobile Calendar page will

show you an agenda and a Quick Add space where you can add new events to your calendar WITHOUT EVER USING

THE BB CALENDAR APP. It will sync to your Google calendar, and the only difference is, you bookmark in

your Web favorites to access your calendar app. With BB's push browser, you'll stay as synced as you

possibly can in real time, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO INPUT AN APPOINTMENT ONCE FOR IT TO STICK. And best of

all, NO DUPES!

Sorry if I am on the late freight, but hey, it took me a few weeks on my new BB 9360 Curve to get it to

work this way. Hope it helps!

One more thing...make sure you hide the BB calendar so you don't accidentally access it instead of the

web.

Update: I've using this procedure since I first posted on 4/10/12 with NO PROBLEMS...NONE!!!
    04-15-12 07:40 PM
    Calendar sync...possible solution

Please understand this may not be exactly what you're looking but:

Here's what I discovered, give it a shot. it's a working workaround, sorry it's not perfect, but you

don't have to deal with millions of duplicates when you attempt to sync your Google Sync with the BB

calendar app.

Do this:
    Sign in to your Google account using BB's web browser. Then access the Calendar feature from a WEB PAGE.

Do NOT use the BB Calendar application that's built into the memory. Google's mobile Calendar page will

show you an agenda and a Quick Add space where you can add new events to your calendar WITHOUT EVER USING

THE BB CALENDAR APP. It will sync to your Google calendar, and the only difference is, you bookmark in

your Web favorites to access your calendar app. With BB's push browser, you'll stay as synced as you

possibly can in real time, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO INPUT AN APPOINTMENT ONCE FOR IT TO STICK. And best of

all, NO DUPES!

Sorry if I am on the late freight, but hey, it took me a few weeks on my new BB 9360 Curve to get it to

work this way. Hope it helps!

One more thing...make sure you hide the BB calendar so you don't accidentally access it instead of the

web.

Update: I've using this procedure since I first posted on 4/10/12 with NO PROBLEMS...NONE!!!
    04-15-12 07:42 PM
    I had the same problem and used the same solution. It is a known issue that Google Sync won't synchronize existing entries. The workaround I used was to delete and recreate those appointments. Now I can view my work appointments even when not bridged. Which is important if I want to schedule a round of golf with my buddies.

But maybe Mr Richards solution will work for you.
    04-17-12 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD