Hey there,

I just downloaded 2.0 and it is a great upgrade from 1.X. Especially the native email and calendar will be a great addition for me since I use it primarily for business purposes.

However I've been trying to set up my business calendar for a while but it does not seem to work. At the office we use a server with Mac OSX Server for syncing our calendars/contacts.

Now I know that Apple and other hardware/software brands do not always work together very well but it is my understanding that CalDAV is an open protocol so it shouldn't matter.

I think the problem is that the CalDAV setup on the Playbook asks for an emailadress, username and password for authentication while I only use a username and a password for authenticating on my laptop.

Has anyone been able to set up CalDAV without an email address. Or even better, with the same setup like me using Mac OSX server.

Besides this 2.0 works great!
    02-21-12 09:32 AM
    no luck here either...
    02-21-12 12:33 PM
    I finally got CalDAV to work with Google Calendar. In the server box, just use "www.google.com". However, it's still not syncing multiple calendars. It seems on the surface that you have to treat OS2 as an iPhone and go here to select multiple calendars:

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

But, upon calendar refresh, I still only see the primary one.
    Technosnob likes this.
    02-21-12 12:55 PM
    From my understanding, if you you multiple calendars setup in Google, you will need setup each one individually on the Playbook. Each calendar has a code/name and you use it to setup the calendar as caldav.
    02-21-12 12:56 PM
    I tried the iphoneselect method too but no luck. Next thing I will try is to setup individual caldav calendars.
    02-21-12 12:57 PM
    From my understanding, if you you multiple calendars setup in Google, you will need setup each one individually on the Playbook. Each calendar has a code/name and you use it to setup the calendar as caldav.
    Wow...I just tried this...and you are absolutely correct. You just use the calendar ID of the other calendars as the "email address" setting when setting up a new CalDAV account.

UPDATE: Here's the settings that finally allowed syncing to work: http://support.google.com/calendar/b...=99358#sunbird
    Last edited by redbutt; 02-21-12 at 02:41 PM.
    02-21-12 01:13 PM
    Did you use thunderbird or ical instructions?
    Where can I find the corresponding Calendar ID for each of my google calendars?
    02-21-12 04:24 PM
    I didn't use either one - I clicked on the link below that said if you have an ipod touch etc click this article... CalDAV Calendar Sync - Google Mobile Help.

To find the calendar ID, go to gmail -> Calendar -> Settings -> Calendars -> Click the calendar you want -> Scroll down to calendar adderss and look for Calendar ID there.
    ismael280373 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:39 PM
    excellent tip. thanks. the www part was throwing me off when i tried it
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    What did you guys use to sync contacts to gmail contacts? carddav doesn't seem to work as easily
    02-21-12 05:00 PM
    I'm having the same issues as the OP trying to connect to my own CalDav server. I'm running DaviCal on Ubuntu.

CalDav features work fine under Thunderbird on my desktop machines but putting the same server info into the Playbook just returns errors.

If I browse to <ServerIP>/davical/caldav.php/<user>/home in the playbook's browser it prompts me for my CalDav user name and password. Once entered the playbook downloads my home.ics file which suggests that it's capable of accessing my calendar data. I guessing the CalDav software in OS 2.0 is only set up to authenticate with services such as Yahoo and Google hence the requirement to add an email address in the account info Has anyone else had any luck getting calendar data from their private or work CalDav server?
    02-22-12 02:39 AM
    How can we send request to RIM about this issue?

I releay like the native calendar client on my Plabook 2.0 It work great, it sync great on my hotmail or gmail account. But my info are on a Zimbra server at work. Zimbra work well in IMAP but no CalDAV nor CardDav whit SSL!!! I try the Adroid honeycom native calendar app in it bad, lag, fat, borring, missing thing, not good at all. I don't think it a big thing to add a secure way to sync calendar.

Any Idea?

BTW, CalDav and CardDav whit SSL work just fine on IPhone and IPad
    Wake up RIM, dont give a chance.
    04-16-12 10:03 AM
    To sync to my google calendar was easy.

I configured a new account, pressed the advanced button and then selected gmail (not email, calendar, contacts). It automatically picked on calendar and contacts.

Hope this helps...
    08-20-12 03:24 PM
    Im trying to get my playbook running os 2.1.something to synch with our caldav server running bedework. Did you ever get it to work?
    12-04-12 09:11 PM
    I found that Zimbra works perfectly if you select Microsoft Exchange Activesync instead of IMAP when setting-up the account.

I was really frustrated that I could not sync calendar and contacts when using IMAP, but when I tried the Exchange option and my Zimbra login, my mail, contacts and calendar synced without the need for any further settings.

I should add that I am using OS 2.1.0.1088
    12-05-12 04:12 PM
    Wow...I just tried this...and you are absolutely correct. You just use the calendar ID of the other calendars as the "email address" setting when setting up a new CalDAV account.

UPDATE: Here's the settings that finally allowed syncing to work: http://support.google.com/calendar/b...=99358#sunbird
    I cannot get this to work. You got a step by step please?
    12-07-12 05:28 PM
    Select the CalDAV Account on your Playbook account setup. Type in your Google email-address in the username, and again the Google email-address in the email-address field. Password is the same as you use on Google. The server address is the tricky one: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...LADRESS/events . I had to type in the email address the following way to get it worked: exmaple%40gmail.com . So I used %40 instead of @ and it worked.

Can someone verify that contacts and calendar is synched, too when you just set up the standard Gmail Account on the Playbook?
    03-01-13 01:26 PM
    Last I tried, they were all working: Cal/Card Dav, ActiveSync and plain simple gmail add.

Only the avatars were taking a bit too long to download.
    03-01-13 01:47 PM
    ok, rather than start a new thread on CalDAV on the PB I figure I'd add onto this one as it got me a bit further than previously. So I basically have my default calendar added with CalDAV just fine. Now I want to add the US Holidays calendar as a second CalDAV calendar. Can anyone please direct me on what I should use for the settings?

Username: my @gmail.com email address
    Email Address: en.usa#[email protected]
    Server Address: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<my @gmail.com email address>/events

This pretty much adds a second calendar to my tablet, however the events are identical to my default. I figure it has something to do with the Server Address and the text I would put in between the < >. I've tried en.usa#[email protected], en.usa#[email protected], en.usa#holiday%40group.v.calendar.gmail.com, en.usa#holiday%40group.v.calendar.gmail.com, but none of them let me save the account unless I use my @gmail.com email address. Anyone get this to work??
    04-01-13 09:36 PM
    Just tried this for US holidays, and it worked:

usa__en%40holiday.calendar.google.com
    dimm0k likes this.
    04-09-13 06:05 PM
    [no expert], can you please give us your complete setup details.

you said that you used [usa__en%40holiday.calendar.google.com]... that must have been part of the server address... correct?

so here is my assumptions:

Username: [email protected]
    Email address: en.usa#[email protected]
    Password: *******
    Server address: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...gle.com/events

I tried this (plus many variations) and keep getting errors.
    04-19-13 08:58 PM
    [no expert], can you please give us your complete setup details.

you said that you used [usa__en%40holiday.calendar.google.com]... that must have been part of the server address... correct?

so here is my assumptions:

Email address: en.usa#[email protected]
    Server address: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...gle.com/events

I tried this (plus many variations) and keep getting errors.
    Only thing you're missing is instead of en.usa#[email protected], it should be en.usa#[email protected] for the Email address.
    04-20-13 10:28 AM
    Oh dear, I didn't check back on this thread and missed you! If [dimm0k]'s answer didn't work for you, here's my setup:

Email address: [email protected]
    Server address: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/usa__en%40holiday.calendar.google.com/events

HTH!
    Last edited by no expert; 05-01-13 at 02:56 PM. Reason: removed hyperlink
    05-01-13 02:51 PM
    One other oddity I've noticed about some of the non-user Google calendars, like US Holidays, is that the html code for embedding will sometimes work when the proper Calendar Address doesn't. Example: Houston Dynamos schedule

Calendar Address (ID) shows
    mls_5726_%48ouston+%44ynamo#[email protected] r.google.com

but embedding code shows
    https://www.google.com/calendar/htmlembed?src=mls_5726_%2548ouston%2B%2544ynamo%23 sports%40group.v.calendar.google.com

So, for the emaiI address I used
    mls_5726_%2548ouston%2B%2544ynamo%[email protected] .calendar.google.com

and for (part of) the server address I used
    mls_5726_%2548ouston%2B%2544ynamo%23sports%40group .v.calendar.google.com

and it worked. Looks like something to do with the handling of spaces, but my brain hurt trying to figure out any more than that.
    05-01-13 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD