- 02-15-13, 11:28 AM #2
Never heard of Bridge over WiFi. Not that anyone would bother with it because most people keep their phones with them at all times, not their tablets. So I can only see this of being use if you forgot your phone and left it home, but then I doubt you're going to remember to turn it's WiFi on if you can't remember to take it with you.Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
- CrackBerry Addict
02-15-13, 02:34 PM #3
- 561 Posts
Well the story is that a lot of users misunderstood the term 'bridge over wifi'
The bridge requires bluetooth, but if the 2 devices are on the same WIFI network, subsequent transfers will be done over wifi in order to speed up the connection.
from New features - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.1
When your smartphone and tablet are connected using BlackBerry Bridge, and both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, BlackBerry Bridge apps can exchange information between your devices using Wi-Fi instead of a Bluetooth connection.
Using a Wi-Fi connection for BlackBerry Bridge traffic can increase the speed that new messages appear on your tablet or that large documents stored on your smartphone open.
(Requires BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1)
Anyone managed to get wifi bridge working ?
How do I enable wifi bridge?
How will bridge over WiFi work and what are the benefits?
Re: Bridge over wifi
my question now is, if both bb and pb are on the same wifi network, do you still need bluetooth to the connected or within bluetooth range? can we turn off bluetooth? mine doesn't seem to work either way.
- By gravymonster in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 45Last Post: 05-27-13, 03:55 PM
- By tufcustomer in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 02-06-13, 09:47 PM
- By fatum in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-12, 12:20 PM
- By Dim-Ize in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-12, 10:23 AM
- By dfaris in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 26Last Post: 03-10-12, 12:07 PM