I'm using a Bold 9930 on the latest OS 7.1 with latest PlayBook 2.0 Beta.

I ran into this problem them other day (still going on) while bridged I have access to every single thing except the Messages app. What's weird is that I still get notified when I receive a new email but I can't get the actuall Messages app to open. It just l crashes every single time. Bridge was working fine and then all of a sudden this happens.

Help please? I already tried deleting and reinstalling Bridge, erasing the Bluetooth profiles, rebooting but nothing is working.
    12-25-11 04:33 PM
    All bridge apps including messages work for me... OS reload on one or both perhaps? Sorry!

16GB, 2.0.0.6149
    9900 on 7.1.0.74
    12-26-11 12:13 AM
    I have the same problem and have tried everything except wipe and reload of PB. I will wait for next update to see if it gets fixed. Until then im using osbbbridgemessages.bar or you could use bridge os2 in app world. I have attached the .bar file if you want to use it. you will have to side load it and tap on it whenever mail messages arrive.
    12-27-11 02:08 PM
    Not sure if this is related to the issue I've faced with Bridge Messages and OS 1.0.7/1.0.8, but for me Bridge Messages would pop up a black screen with the words "BlackBerry Bridge is Locked". Even after entering my password for my BB 9930, that message pops right back up. I've been in contact with RIM's analyst and it looks like they might be "ignoring" my issue despite me providing them a backup file from my PB that actually recreates the issue.

Basically to work around this for me I backed up my device, wiped it, then restored the Media and Settings databases. From there I removed the Bridge specific directories from the Applications database, reintegrated the modified Applications database and restored that to my PB. Doing so gave me a fully restored PB minus the Bridge stuff. From there I set up Bridge and it works again... only problem is I KNOW this is going to come back unless RIM makes some damned fixes. I currently backed up my working setup and hopefully can restore just the Bridge stuff to overwrite the bad Bridge should it happen again.
    12-27-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD