I had 2.0.7111. Something was not right with it after the air trip. The update showed error message. i decided to go back to 1.8.
    Turned off the PB. Started BB Desktop on PC. Connected USB. Approved the error message to get the update.
    The update ended with the error message indicating tha it did not complete. Displayed the instruction to disconnect USB and complete the setup after which reconnect.
    But the setup cannot be complete, becasue on the Agreement screen there is no country to select. The display shows the Country box with 'None Selected' and the arrow does not pull any country just empty space. Message below shows after a while: Unable to display the BB ID agreement. Please select your country and language, then try again.'
    Can't complete this. I tried the hardware reset (two button, three button etc.)but don't see any difference.
    What to do?
    02-09-12 08:07 AM
    I had that problem awhile back I think it was because there was an issue with my wireless. Sorted that out and it could pull up the country.
    Good luck
    02-09-12 08:34 AM
    I had this once after a debrick. Or maybe it was my neighbour, whom I was helping over the phone. Anyway, the "fix" involved something like going back to the previous screen, then forward again, or basically manipulating whatever was available to try to trigger a different set of conditions for that screen. Sorry I don't recall details, but it magically fixed it after a minute. Might have involved a restart as well. Wish I could tell you more but it may be enough to know it was possible to get out of that state.
    02-09-12 08:58 AM
    When wifi is missing , no country apear.
    Go back and connect to wifi.
    02-09-12 09:04 AM
    The update servers are down. This is probably causing your problem.
    02-09-12 09:23 AM
    Hey, I had the same problem and thought the PB is bricked. What I did was I just reconnected the PB to Desktop software via usb. The PB was on the screen with the missing countries and agreement. I just waited for it to connect, and I was propted to complete the set up, and somehow the agreement was loaded on the PB. IF that doesnt work, while still connected, do a hardware reset . I hope that helps

good luck

PS. The servers are down ATM, MAYBE if that doesnt work right now its because of the servers. If you tried and this didnt help, try again when the servers are up. But I highly doubt its related
    Last edited by A_Veyron; 02-09-12 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something
    02-09-12 10:57 AM
    Thanks to all. After about 20 times - I got the countries. I guess magic did it.
    Now I'll wait for OS2 final.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-09-12 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD