I recently switched from gmail to outlook.com on my playbook for syncing contacts and calendar. Worked flawlessly at first then stopped connecting. Deleted account on playbook and re-added and the m.hotmail.com server can't connect. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. Tried all different server variations, e.g., blu-m, bay-m and hotmail.com and outlook.com and same problem. Problem arose about a week ago. Until BB Playbook has ability to sync directly with Outlook locally this is a huge problem. By the way, Playbook will connect to outlook.com as pop3, but that doesnt solve the syncing problems with contacts, etc... Any help would be appreciated.
    03-04-13 08:06 AM
    Moved to PlayBook OS forum
    03-04-13 11:02 AM
    Try snt-m.hotmail.com
    Port: 443
    SSL: ON
    ClearBlueSkies likes this.
    03-04-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks WJPTAM - I had tried that as well and it didn't work. I had searched every post on this forum, googled the question, tried every possible variation and can't connect. I had even read deleting the saved wifi, then re-connecting and restarting. Nothing seems to work now. I am assuming it is an Outlook issue and not PB. When I first setup the account a couple of months ago I used the basic setup and PB determined the correct configuration which for me was blu-m.hotmail.com (as my web url is "blu002....." ) I have tried several times over the past week thinking it is microsoft server issue, but it seems I am the only one experiencing the problem. More than frustrated as I do not want to go back to Google product.
    03-04-13 12:52 PM
    Had same problem with gmail. deleted all gmail configuration and re added it again ... works for now
    03-04-13 01:46 PM
    back to gmail for me until this gets resolved. hope the z10 doesn't have this problem with outlook when it eventually arrives in the U S
    03-04-13 03:24 PM
    There are a couple threads here that showed how to setup outlook.com manually, but I think that problem was fixed in a PlayBook software update. Are you running the latest PlayBook OS?

If you can't find the threads about setting it up, I think it involved logging into outlook.com with your PC and when on the outlook site, there was an option to show the servers it was using. Copy these servers into the Playbook setup for the outlook.com email setup.
    03-05-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks robsteve for the reply. I am on the latest PB OS (2.1.0.1526) I have read through all the threads I could find on this subject and tried all the suggestions. I am using the settings from by desktop, populated manually on the playbook, which for me is bay-m.... (when it first worked it was blu-m.hotmail.com, but the desktop version switched to bay176...) tried every variation snt, blu, bay, debug-m, etc... includindg .hotmail, .outlook, etc... and it immediately gives the X cant connect to server. Even tried the basic setup letting PB determine settings, which is how I first set it up and worked, but that fails as well. I guess I will try in a week or so hoping it is a MS issue and not PB. This only started happening a week or so ago for some reason. Others have said it could be a result of passover from bridge to various other wi-fi. Tried all the suggestions of deleting saved wi-fi and re adding all to no avail. Pop3 works fine setup manually, but that just gets my mail and no syncing capability. Setup gmail, again, and works fine. Probably a outlook.com issue, but who knows. Thanks
    03-05-13 09:13 AM
    SOLVED: for now anyway, backed up everything (64GB PB) security wipe, update, restore and voila outlook.com works again on native email. Hope it lasts because the whole process has been over 6hrs.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    03-05-13 06:44 PM
    I recently had the same problem on my playbook, all of a sudden I was getting hotmail messages but my replies weren't sending. I fixed it by deleting the hotmail email profile on my PB and setting up a new one using the PBs set up a Pop mail account profile (not the hotmail one). I used the server settings from the About article at this link:
    What Are the Windows Live Hotmail SMTP Settings? - About Email
    Here's a MS article as well, it appears that smtp should work too:
    Send and receive Hotmail from an email app - Microsoft Windows Help
    Good Luck!
    03-13-13 08:58 AM