Hello guys,

I just bought a playbook (2nd one, had one 2 years ago) and I did some research and found out that there are some guys out there that added BB OS 10.0.9 on it. Not sure if I want to do that because of functionality reasons.

I just tried to sideload some apps through Sachesi and none of them work on the Playbook, they are close and say "app crashed due to some kind of issue" Any ideas where I can get some apps on this this Playbook so I can make use of it as a planner, calendar light browsing and emails device. I have the 64GB model.

If someone can help me it would be great. Also I was wondering is there anything I can do to delete some of the useless crap that comes on the playbook to free up the 1GB ram it has
    12-28-15 02:41 PM
    Hello guys,

I just bought a playbook (2nd one, had one 2 years ago) and I did some research and found out that there are some guys out there that added BB OS 10.0.9 on it. Not sure if I want to do that because of functionality reasons.

I just tried to sideload some apps through Sachesi and none of them work on the Playbook, they are close and say "app crashed due to some kind of issue" Any ideas where I can get some apps on this this Playbook so I can make use of it as a planner, calendar light browsing and emails device. I have the 64GB model.

If someone can help me it would be great. Also I was wondering is there anything I can do to delete some of the useless crap that comes on the playbook to free up the 1GB ram it has
    Not sure if Sachesi is the best way to sideload with the PlayBook.... ? I always used the BB10/PlayBook App Manager extension for the Chrome browser.

You might want to look over the older post on Sideloading with the PlayBook. And you will also have to stick with older Android Apps, think the Runtime on the PlayBook only made it to 2.3, so only apps compatible with Android 2.3 are going to even have a hope of working. But again the older post in the PlayBook forums will help you out the most.
    12-28-15 03:03 PM
    I don't know how anyone got a 10. OS on the playbook but load the last official one they made and like Dunt said only old apps are going to work.
    12-28-15 03:40 PM
    Not sure if Sachesi is the best way to sideload with the PlayBook.... ? I always used the BB10/PlayBook App Manager extension for the Chrome browser.

You might want to look over the older post on Sideloading with the PlayBook. And you will also have to stick with older Android Apps, think the Runtime on the PlayBook only made it to 2.3, so only apps compatible with Android 2.3 are going to even have a hope of working. But again the older post in the PlayBook forums will help you out the most.
    Nothing is working with this playbook, it is really frustrating me. I think I am just going to sell it and pick up a more relevant tablet that can do what I need. I love the 7 inch tablets but I am sure there a ton of 7 inch tablets out there...

Also finding older android 2.3 apps are very hard...

I even sideloaded the Good E Reader app available for the playbook that has like 39000 apps but none of the apps work, most probably because they are higher than 2.3...
    12-28-15 03:54 PM
    It might help if you told us which apps and version numbers that you're trying to sideload. People around here have a pretty good idea which android apps will and will not work on the playbook. As to deleting the useless crap to free up RAM, there is a way. That way is to security wipe your playbook and to REFUSE any offered updates during and after the wipe. You'll be left with a playbook with only one app- the browser. You can then sideload only those system apps that you actually want/use. This will both free up RAM and allow your playbook to boot up faster. You'll need the bars to the system apps, though, and while links have been posted to these apps here previously, I don't know if these links are still good.
    Rustybronco likes this.
    12-28-15 04:45 PM
    To sideload im using DDPB

Working apps on my PB right now:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Tumble
    TubeMate(youtube)
    Evernote

Etc

After spending four nights to get all of These apps working I'm happy with my "new" playbook

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 04:40 AM
    Nothing is working with this playbook, it is really frustrating me. I think I am just going to sell it and pick up a more relevant tablet that can do what I need. I love the 7 inch tablets but I am sure there a ton of 7 inch tablets out there...

Also finding older android 2.3 apps are very hard...

I even sideloaded the Good E Reader app available for the playbook that has like 39000 apps but none of the apps work, most probably because they are higher than 2.3...
    Would be the smartest move....
    kbz1960 and andy957 like this.
    12-29-15 07:05 AM
    It might help if you told us which apps and version numbers that you're trying to sideload. People around here have a pretty good idea which android apps will and will not work on the playbook. As to deleting the useless crap to free up RAM, there is a way. That way is to security wipe your playbook and to REFUSE any offered updates during and after the wipe. You'll be left with a playbook with only one app- the browser. You can then sideload only those system apps that you actually want/use. This will both free up RAM and allow your playbook to boot up faster. You'll need the bars to the system apps, though, and while links have been posted to these apps here previously, I don't know if these links are still good.
    Hey bud, I bought another tablet but still kept the PB...I was interested in doing what you said, which was wiping and then loading whatever apps I wanted instead of doing the update...I found the links for it too. I was just wondering if you can list the steps for it...im trying to free up ram to make it faster.
    10-13-16 02:16 PM
    What part are you confused about? Wipe (Settings/Security/Security Wipe), then refuse any updates during and after the wipe, then sideload the system bars that you actually need or want to use. If you don't know how to sideload, there are many discussions on this board showing you how to do this. The only real downside to doing this is that you'll have a constant notification that an update is available.
    10-13-16 05:50 PM
    What part are you confused about? Wipe (Settings/Security/Security Wipe), then refuse any updates during and after the wipe, then sideload the system bars that you actually need or want to use. If you don't know how to sideload, there are many discussions on this board showing you how to do this. The only real downside to doing this is that you'll have a constant notification that an update is available.
    I did all that just need the bar files and I sent a PM to the nice guy who had them posted on the forum. If I can get them from anywhere else that would also be great. I am okay with a faster playbook that doesnt lag and that pop up. lol
    10-13-16 08:26 PM
    To sideload im using DDPB

Working apps on my PB right now:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Tumble
    TubeMate(youtube)
    Evernote

Etc

After spending four nights to get all of These apps working I'm happy with my "new" playbook

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link with these bar files?

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    01-13-17 11:40 AM