I wish they'd give PlayBook owners the option to load Android and be done with it. They are done supporting it, and that's fine, but them letting others support it would be awesome.

My PlayBooks have probably went over a year without being turned on. If I could run the full Android OS, something the hardware is easily capable of, I could get some use out of them.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Mallet21 likes this.
    07-17-13 10:19 AM
    I wish they'd give PlayBook owners the option to load Android and be done with it. They are done supporting it, and that's fine, but them letting others support it would be awesome.

My PlayBooks have probably went over a year without being turned on. If I could run the full Android OS, something the hardware is easily capable of, I could get some use out of them.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    That would be awesome but I don't think they'll do it because of security reasons. Loading android would mean unlocking the boot loader and though it would be an option, the possibility of doing so is there and the people actually still using the playbook for business (why, I don't know) would have an insecure device.

Something along those lines I guess. But for me, if I were able to load android on it, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Android would run pretty well with pb specs. Decently at least. Heck it already does lol.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-17-13 12:06 PM
    That would be awesome but I don't think they'll do it because of security reasons. Loading android would mean unlocking the boot loader and though it would be an option, the possibility of doing so is there and the people actually still using the playbook for business (why, I don't know) would have an insecure device.

Something along those lines I guess. But for me, if I were able to load android on it, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Android would run pretty well with pb specs. Decently at least. Heck it already does lol.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    Sadly, I realize that it is very very unlikely that it will ever happen. Just wish it would. The PlayBook would make a decent little Android tablet.
    07-17-13 12:13 PM
53 123