. I also believe there will be a new 10" tablet (the rumoured name is BlackForest, which stinks)
    That's probably a code-name, like the BlackBerry Meteor, Javelin or Orion.

BB puts out all kinds of gadgets (the mini speaker is odd). Why wouldn't they do this too?
    The cost of developing, marketing and supporting a tablet is huge. And they're up against big competitors who can afford to sell at breakeven or a loss, command higher margins or distribute through their own channels. Tough gig.
    03-15-13 05:20 PM
    Maybe the reason we don't see new software is because they are working on its versions for PB OS10.

Just a thought
    03-15-13 06:30 PM
    Maybe the reason we don't see new software is because they are working on its versions for PB OS10.

Just a thought
    yea they have to restructure the os for a tablet. the phone os on a tablet would be a tad hideous in my opinion.
    we don't need the hub the way it is in bb10 for phones our messaging app works wonderfully

there are other things here and there too but who's counting haha
    03-15-13 07:52 PM
    OMG!!! Same here. It's the only AWESOME game on the Playbook!
    Surely you have never played Eufloria or Machinarium.
    1.we don't need the hub the way it is in bb10 for phones
    2.our messaging app works wonderfully
    1. Yes we do
    2. Not with the PlayBook's load time/lack of proper notification system it doesn't
    03-17-13 09:39 PM
    Another "when is OS10 coming". Must be time to change my furnace filter. Or is it my engine oil?
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:07 AM
    This month.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-18-13 08:15 AM
    Selling my PlayBook... Upgrading to Nexus 7 instead. Tired of using the PlayBook. Slow. No apps. Ugh.
    Good for you.
    03-18-13 08:33 AM
    Surely you have never played Eufloria or Machinarium.

1. Yes we do
    2. Not with the PlayBook's load time/lack of proper notification system it doesn't
    Machinarium is sweeeeet. Love that game
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:43 AM
    Machinarium is sweeeeet. Love that game
    there's lots of sweet games, modern combat 3, and laura croft guardian of light are amazing
    03-18-13 08:53 AM
    Thorstein pretty much said it today... PlayBook is dead.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    could you please point me to the part where he said the current gen playbook is dead ?
    Thor said that all current gen playbooks will get BB10 and Thor's attitude has been that of integrity through and through and this article shows a lot of it.

I believe if Thor said its coming its coming, also he cannot affort to tarnish his reputation of integrity now not only as a person but as a CEO of a publicly trading company !

who agrees with me
    mmarco likes this.
    03-18-13 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. He did not say that. He did say that there has to be a business case for them.
    03-18-13 10:21 AM
    No. He did not say that. He did say that there has to be a business case for them.
    thank you, he also said he wanted to find a way to add value to tablets and the best way to add value is to bring bb10 to all current playbooks
    03-18-13 10:22 AM
    That's CEO speak for "there is no business case for them at this time".

Like I said, I want to believe and want to have BB10 on my PlayBook but if I were CEO it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of a priority list. They're not selling PlayBooks anymore. Putting BB10 on old hardware will not get them flying off the shelf again.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:53 PM
    there's lots of sweet games, modern combat 3, and laura croft guardian of light are amazing
    I really like both of those games. There really are a ton of great games for the PB (forget that there's emulators for a bunch of systems), but machinarium was just somethin' else for me.. Those graphics, the story, everything about it just did it for me. I really hope we see more like that
    03-18-13 02:05 PM
    That's CEO speak for "there is no business case for them at this time".

Like I said, I want to believe and want to have BB10 on my PlayBook but if I were CEO it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of a priority list. They're not selling PlayBooks anymore. Putting BB10 on old hardware will not get them flying off the shelf again.

Posted via CB10
    Of course not. Does anyone even still sell the playbook on a shelf?? Haha, I think it's all online at this point. But I definitely think we will see some version of BB10 on the PB
    03-18-13 02:06 PM
    According to Heins they are abandoning tablets all together and telling the BlackBerry PlayBook users to suck it up and buy an Apple iPad.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-18-13 02:39 PM
    Still no leaked pictures of a PB running BB10?
    03-18-13 11:04 PM
    no one knows when but I can tell you when NOT. not any time before nor near the time of the US launch of the BB10 phones. I love my Playbook. but it has a negative reputation with pretty much all the press. blackberry is not wanting to mention it. not right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    03-18-13 11:48 PM
    could I quickly ask... why are you listed as a CrackBerry Abuser, Barracuda772?
    04-16-13 12:53 PM
    could I quickly ask... why are you listed as a CrackBerry Abuser, Barracuda772?
    It's meant in fun...each user gets a "tag" depending on how many posts they contribute to the forum, like experience. His "tag" is given abuser because he has posted many posts and is active in the discussions group. It's not meant as derogatory but rather as a tongue-in-cheek method of having some fun. He's not an "abuser" of Crackberry's forums but rather an active participant...

Notice you have "Crackberry User" as your "tag" but you only have 23 posts (and counting) so eventually, you too will get a "Crackberry Abuser" tag attributed to you too. With more posts, a new tag will be given to you automatically depending on your post total.

At this stage, I too am an abuser but that has to do with my post totals. Oh, I just posted my 200th message...(happy dance).
    04-16-13 01:07 PM
    They are most definitely still selling PlayBooks. It has taken a back seat in that they are not actively promoting or trying to sell through expensive retail channels but the business has not been shut down.

See

BlackBerry - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Business Orders - Canada
    4G LTE? BlackBerry� PlayBook? tablet | Tablets | TELUS Mobility
    Rogers for Business
    04-16-13 01:30 PM
    It's meant in fun...each user gets a "tag" depending on how many posts they contribute to the forum, like experience. His "tag" is given abuser because he has posted many posts and is active in the discussions group. It's not meant as derogatory but rather as a tongue-in-cheek method of having some fun. He's not an "abuser" of Crackberry's forums but rather an active participant...

Notice you have "Crackberry User" as your "tag" but you only have 23 posts (and counting) so eventually, you too will get a "Crackberry Abuser" tag attributed to you too. With more posts, a new tag will be given to you automatically depending on your post total.

At this stage, I too am an abuser but that has to do with my post totals. Oh, I just posted my 200th message...(happy dance).
    I recently passed the 300 post mark and one day I will be given the honour of joining the ranks of addict
    04-16-13 01:32 PM
    All I want from blackberry is to be able to access my z10 from my playbook, fine no bb10 for playbook I'm ok with it as long as I can get the features I had with my legacy handheld, is that too much 2 ask

Posted Via a MF Z10
    04-16-13 01:55 PM
    I wonder what company manufactures the PlayBook, -i.e the HP Touchpad was and the IPad is manufactured by Foxconn. The Amazon Kindle
    04-16-13 06:58 PM
93 1234