EDIT :AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THIS IS AS OFFICIAL AS IT GETS!!

Idc how gay or geeky it sounds, after all he DID reply!?

This is the email I sent to Thorsten Heins....

Dear Thorsten Heins and/or Michael Clewley,

I would first like to thank you both for all of your efforts into making BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 all that it is today!

2013 is, and is going to be, a very extremely exciting year for BlackBerry.

However, there is a rather dark storm brewing with perhaps millions of BlackBerry users. This is where I will now begin, on behalf of the loyal BlackBerry fans & customers, to tell you what this storm is...

Many PlayBook owners feel that BlackBerry has dealt with the OS 10 for the PlayBook rather un professionally. Some even have gone to say that BlackBerry is slipping back to it's old ways of breaking promises and disappointing customers. Now I'm sure Thorsten will NOT allow this to happen, but this issue needs to be addressed publicly and urgently.

I am a PlayBook owner. The only reason I bought the PlayBook was because I knew that I wouldn't be able to afford the marvellous Z10 smartphone, which still stands correct, and because I thought the PlayBook was a spectacular tablet for the price! Thorsten Heins said that PlayBook owners can expect to see BlackBerry OS 10 on PlayBook devices; when that is, we still do not know, however you have made millions of PlayBook owners feel respected and happy for saying we can expect a OS 10 update, and we thank you for that!

Then some events have occurred recently which have distorted and confused the future and clarity for PlayBook owners. Thorsten Heins indicated that the tablet market is dying and in the next 5 years, one single mobile device will dominate.

Just a few weeks ago @BlackBerry_MEX slipped out a tweet, which was later removed, saying to a customer that BlackBerry OS 10 will be available within the next few weeks, and users should stay alert. Now whether BlackBerry are planning a surprise update amongst the Z+Q 10 smart phone updates at the same time, or that the BlackBerry representative was giving out invalid information, is still unclear.

I'm sorry to go on, and I thank you for your time for reading this message so far.

The point is, is that we PlayBook owners have been 'promised' that BlackBerry 10 is coming, but then is heard no more. I understand that there may be hardware and performance issues with the device and that BlackBerry didn't want to give a deadline if it couldn't be delivered on time, and I appreciate those factors.

However, we do not appreciate being left in the dark about something we are really excited about.

The way I see it is this: It costs time and money to create an update as big as this, and push it out to consumers. But in the long run, all of the PlayBook owners would be able to buy music, apps and rent films, giving a source of renewed revenue.

There are a few things that PlayBook owners want. One of these is BlackBerry OS10, you wouldn't believe the amount of people that have lost faith and respect for BlackBerry from this issue [ http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-m...oming-playbook ] read the article, which I gathered the information from, but then read the comments.

We would like to see built in BBM + BBM Channels on our PlayBooks, is it fair that iOS + Android tablets get to use BBM before BLACKBERRY tablet customers? Most of all we would like to see the availability of BlackBerry10 apps on the PlayBook.

Most importantly of everything else, we want clarity on this issue. The question to this being:" Is BlackBerry OS 10 going to be available on the BlackBerry PlayBook? "

To that question, you can give a statement, or simply say "YES" or "no". Please put us out of our misery, so we can move on of necessary.

If there is a NEW PlayBook coming out, now would be a very good time to announce it.

I would like to thank you again for reading this important email. I hope you have taken this seriously because this is becoming a bigger issue as time goes on.

I would happily tell the BlackBerry community the answer if you wouldn't like to go out and give a statement, but we would really appreciate an answer, and one that is official, else nobody will believe me.

Then a few days later, I got this!!!!!!!

Darius
    Your enthusiasm and willingness to reach out to me directly is greatly appreciated.* BlackBerry supporters like you keep everyone at BlackBerry, including myself, striving to continue to deliver on our products and services.*
    To address your points on our commitment to the PlayBook – my recent comments about the tablet are in line with previous comments I have made about the future of mobile computing overall, and the possibilities that come with a platform like BlackBerry 10. *Today a BlackBerry smartphone has the same amount of power as many computers. *I see a BlackBerry 10 as the platform that enables that true personal computer – your smartphone - *to power the connected world around you. I wish I could provide you and all of our fans with an update right now, but I must stick to our communications plan.* When we do have information about our PlayBook strategy, we will share it.
    Lastly, we are always on the lookout for enthusiastic people to join our team, all jobs are posted**here.*
    Thorsten Heins
    President and CEO

W O W ! I really wasn't expecting a reply, and seen as i started this thread, I thought that I should post the full thing RIGHT HERE!

Also out of good respect, I will NOT give out the email he replied to me on*sorry**

Anyone know the latest news on the BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook?

Release dates etc?

Thanks

EDIT: - Due to new information this morning!

Okay I would just like to say for the most RECENT update....

These past few weeks have stirred up a lot of confusion and anger about OS10 for the PlayBook!

We have THeins promising his most loyal Blackberry fans, saying BB10 will come to the PlayBook...

Then in another interview, he says that tablets are dying out and that one single mobile device will be dominiin the next 5 years...

THEN word was slipped by @BlackBerry_MEX that the PlayBook will receive the update within the next few weeks and that users should stay alert!! - This tweet was then immediately pulled!

Also, there was not even a single mutter of the word PlayBook at BlackBerry LIVE!

But!! I have been on an absolute mission today and do you know what?............

THIS MORNING I GOT MY ANSWER!

After repeatedly tweeting BlackBerryHelp and UKBlackBerry and BlackBerry's Inside Blog, all to NO AVAIL!

I decided to call up RIM/BlackBerry this morning!!

I asked to be put through to PlayBook customer support, entered my 12 digit serial number... And then i was put through to a lady who I had to prise out of her the answer!

I said "There's been a lot of speculation about OS10 ON THE PLAYBOOK!! Could you please tell me if this update will be available "

She scooted round my question and said we do not have any details or information about an update for the PlayBook at this time!

So I said "Okay, but will BlackBerry OS10 come to the PlayBook?"

She 'hmmm'ed' excitedly and said yes OS10 will be available on the PlayBook, there is something in the works and it is planned! However, I don't know any other details, such as the day or period of time "

I had THE biggest grin on my face, I got this out of her by talking about BBMexico, I think that BlackBerry is aware of what happened!, she certainly was!

But I was amazed to hear that IT REALLY IS COMING TO THE BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO matter what!! I'm going to email Crackberry Kevin right now about this, so please spread the word!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry OS 10 PLAYBOOK?-img_00000639.jpg   BlackBerry OS 10 PLAYBOOK?-img_00000643.jpg   BlackBerry OS 10 PLAYBOOK?-img_00000640.jpg  
    Last edited by DariusG1996; 06-28-13 at 07:14 PM.
    luke.trevorrow likes this.
    03-12-13 03:55 PM
    Anyone know the latest news on the BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook?

Release dates etc?

Thanks
    Later this year. When there is a date, it will surely be posted all over the place.
    03-12-13 03:58 PM
    Won't be till after 10.1 is released for the phones.
    03-13-13 09:09 AM
    SOON as in soon..

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-14-13 01:12 AM
    I don't even use my PlayBook anymore now that I have the Z10.

If BlackBerry doesn't roll out BB10 to the PlayBook it will completely die. There probably hasn't been an app come out for PlayBook in the past 3 months and there certainly haven't been any updates for apps. Who would?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-14-13 01:32 AM
    Same here, only use to play Jetpack .... No BBM, No Synched message definitely useless

I don't even use my PlayBook anymore now that I have the Z10.

If BlackBerry doesn't roll out BB10 to the PlayBook it will completely die. There probably hasn't been an app come out for PlayBook in the past 3 months and there certainly haven't been any updates for apps. Who would?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:11 AM
    HAHA soon as in never
    03-14-13 06:35 AM
    Ya the need to hurry up on the bb10 update so bridge can work properly!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:01 AM
    it will come when it comes, later this year as tbe official announcement gos
    I am a playbook user too and anticipating it a lot.

BUT, sitting on the forums and thinking about it non stop will make the wait feel even longer. Just go about your daily business and it will be here in no time..

FYI. I am dying for the bb10 keyboard on my playbook
    DariusG1996 and El Bori like this.
    03-14-13 09:13 AM
    Same here, only use to play Jetpack .... No BBM, No Synched message definitely useless
    OMG!!! Same here. It's the only AWESOME game on the Playbook!
    03-14-13 01:24 PM
    it will come when it comes, later this year as tbe official announcement gos
    I am a playbook user too and anticipating it a lot.

Just go about your daily business and it will be here in no time..
    You're sure of that are you?

Posted via CB10
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-14-13 02:16 PM
    You're sure of that are you?

Posted via CB10
    yea I am Mr Heins said it was coming later this year and in a seperate interview he said he had a team working on bringi g bb10 to the playbook
    03-14-13 02:20 PM
    Checked my playbook, it's still working. However I hear McDonalds are not serving the McRib at the moment. That's it Playbook will die.
    Last edited by jimread1949; 03-14-13 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-14-13 02:23 PM
    I'd hardly call anything official. He also said they would continue to make tablets if there was a good business case for it.

I love my PlayBook and would love to see a BB10 tablet. I'm just not holding my breath. I think that if BB10 is a wild success and BlackBerry thinks that they can make a new PlayBook to run OS10, and make it a successful venture too, then maybe we'll see OS10 come to legacy PlayBook. If BB10 isn't an enormous success they will not pursue tablets any further and the PlayBook will die, never seeing OS10.

I'm not saying it will or will not happen at this point, just saying that nobody knows, despite what Thor said. You have to take his statement in the full context of what he also said about the tablet business in general and BlackBerry's aspirations in that realm.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:00 PM
    apart from Thor saying "we already have a team on it" said in regard to all playbooks receiving bb10 witch I dontknow what your talking about its a minor upgrade from playbook os2.1 a new keyboard some updated app frameworks cascades support

if you don't recall pb2.1 is a sripped down bb10 lol
    playbook_swiper1 and Kev480 like this.
    03-14-13 05:34 PM
    Selling my PlayBook... Upgrading to Nexus 7 instead. Tired of using the PlayBook. Slow. No apps. Ugh.
    03-14-13 06:08 PM
    Gimme BB10 beta at least.
    03-14-13 06:17 PM
    There probably hasn't been an app come out for PlayBook in the past 3 months
    there certainly haven't been any updates for apps.
    No apps.
    What is with forums and people exaggerating everything to extremes ...?
    scrapmetal58, Barljo and BB_Bmore like this.
    03-14-13 06:48 PM
    It's certainly slowed down, but that's quite a big exageration

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

agreed. there are still apps coming out for the playbook its just slowed down because there is less incentive to develop for it considering the playbook is getting bb10 in one form or another shortly
    03-14-13 06:50 PM
    HAHA soon as in never
    Dude - why are you here? We are well aware that you're bitter with RIM for how you feel it's handled things? But all you do now is troll.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-14-13 06:51 PM
    apart from Thor saying "we already have a team on it"
    They've had teams on a lot of projects that never saw the light of day...

Again, just saying... don't hold your breath. I want it. I want it as much as you. I hope it happens. I'm just not nearly as confident as you. In fact I'd give it 20% chance at best. Look at all the facts...

It's an old tablet. Spending money on putting a new OS on it only makes sense if they are going to build and sell new PlayBooks. I haven't seen a PlayBook on a retail shelf in the past 6 months. Putting OS10 on it is not going to make retailers pick it up again. It might make you and me happy, but it's not gonna sell more PlayBooks. It only makes sense if they are going to build PB2. That is the part of the discussion where Thor had very little to say.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:25 PM
    They've had teams on a lot of projects that never saw the light of day...

Again, just saying... don't hold your breath. I want it. I want it as much as you. I hope it happens. I'm just not nearly as confident as you. In fact I'd give it 20% chance at best. Look at all the facts...

It's an old tablet. Spending money on putting a new OS on it only makes sense if they are going to build and sell new PlayBooks. I haven't seen a PlayBook on a retail shelf in the past 6 months. Putting OS10 on it is not going to make retailers pick it up again. It might make you and me happy, but it's not gonna sell more PlayBooks. It only makes sense if they are going to build PB2. That is the part of the discussion where Thor had very little to say.

Posted via CB10
    I think part of the reason I'm more confident is I consider myself a pretty positive person but I also think its good business for Blackberry, sure the playbook didn't do aswell as they would of hoped and sure its getting up there in age but the fire sale that moved tones of playbooks into the hands of consumers is big and with the lkttle amount of work it takes to get bb10 on the playbook they will flood the market ! tones of people.who do not have a bb will experience the glory of bb10 and will revel at it.

BB has an opprotuinity here to turn a negative in to a positive

and lately BB has been nothing but positive so don't put it past them

This Is The New Blackberry!
    03-14-13 09:04 PM
    It's a bottom of the barrel priority... It's not going to generate a bunch of sales either, mostly just make existing users a little bit happier.
    03-14-13 09:12 PM
    Mr Hiens never said it was coming later this year...that was actually Alec Saunders and it was quite a few months ago.Mr Hiens recently said that he had teams working on BlackBerry10 for PlayBook and that he wants it out ASAP. I'm willing to bet it's much sooner than later this year
    yea I am Mr Heins said it was coming later this year and in a seperate interview he said he had a team working on bringi g bb10 to the playbook
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-15-13 04:55 PM
    I think the BB10 upgrade to PlayBook will happen. Thor seems to me to be all about building credibility: his emphasis on meeting deadlines and delivering products he'd promised (The Playbook LTE only version). I also believe there will be a new 10" tablet (the rumoured name is BlackForest, which stinks) fully marketed as the Z10 tablet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see PlayBook 2 sometime, either with a faster processor, quad-core etc too. BB puts out all kinds of gadgets (the mini speaker is odd). Why wouldn't they do this too?
    DariusG1996 likes this.
    03-15-13 05:07 PM
93 123 ...