http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7898309

BB10 soon for blackberry playbook? We sure hope so!
    01-29-13 04:01 PM
    I do believe PB updates are usually preceded by Bridge updates, although I'm not sure it's a 100% sure thing. I also wouldn't rush to assume a release as soon as tomorrow, my guess would be on next week at the earliest.
    01-29-13 04:06 PM
    I just noticed print to go was updated. Let's hope for an update soon!
    01-29-13 04:11 PM
    I would expect RIM to release the BB10 beta for PlayBook tomorrow!
    01-29-13 07:15 PM
    I would expect RIM to release the BB10 beta for PlayBook tomorrow!
    It would be nice, but I've been trying to think about it from both sides and heres what I come up with.

- Release tomorrow and make the loyal BB users happy, win for us.

- Release tomorrow and take away some focus off the the phones. If RIM releases it tomorrow a lot of press will focus on that (and Im sure there will be a lot of bugs with the initial version of BB10 on PB) because many of them already have PBs. There will be "reviews" of BB10 on PB everywhere possibly over shadowing what RIM really wants the focus to be which is on the new phones.

To be honest I don't see the PB being a big focus tomorrow. There might be a brief mention, but the feeling I get it we won't hear much about it. But hey I hope I'm wrong
    chaosdivine likes this.
    01-29-13 07:23 PM
    Couldn't it just be an update that makes use of certain elements of BB10 (much like the first Dev Alpha) so we can use the apps that will all of a sudden be available tomorrow? Its a way to get people excited about the apps on BB10 without taking away from the phone launch.
    01-29-13 07:39 PM
    Couldn't it just be an update that makes use of certain elements of BB10 (much like the first Dev Alpha) so we can use the apps that will all of a sudden be available tomorrow? Its a way to get people excited about the apps on BB10 without taking away from the phone launch.
    That would be nice I don't need peek hub etc..just give me the good apps. The FaceBook app for PLAYBOOK is horrible

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 07:51 PM
    RIM hasn't released any development tools to make BB10 apps for the PB to the general public. Meaning that all the BB10 apps submitted were designed to run on the dev alpha/z10 (ie CPU requirements, higher resolution).

Now RIM could do something with automatically scaling the resolution down (kind of like the iPad scales some iPhone apps up). But thinking about it realistically from a developer point of view that would be terrible. Users would be leaving negative reviews if an app didn't work as expected on the PB because it wasn't designed for it, and an increase in support emails.

While what you suggest (BB10 beta for PB) could happen, I doubt you'd get any of the BB10 apps in BlackBerry World.
    01-29-13 08:01 PM
    Shao I was told that any Cascade app uses the libs and does the rendering automatically ,does this make sense to you as a dev or should I see a Dr to remove the smoke from my assets?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 10:27 PM
    I hope so but I have yet to see it so that makes me sad
    02-04-13 02:24 AM
    Shao I was told that any Cascade app uses the libs and does the rendering automatically ,does this make sense to you as a dev or should I see a Dr to remove the smoke from my assets?
    Not quite sure what you mean. Devs could include the Cascades libs in their build to make it work on PB, but there are still other factors (other APIs not being supported, resolution etc)....

Also while on the topic, BB Jam Europe is tomorrow, maybe we'll hear some interesting news out of there.
    02-04-13 08:17 AM