Cons, not a lot of things work.
    Pros, you have BlackBerry OS 10 on your BlackBerry PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    Lol I know that! I want to know what "not a lot of things work" and what "lot of things work".

Posted via Q10
    12-04-14 04:11 AM
    Lol I know that! I want to know what "not a lot of things work" and what "lot of things work".
    Posted via Q10
    In other words, you want someone to go through this post and find out what works and what doesn't?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    12-04-14 05:10 AM

Posted via Q10
    Almost next to nothing productive works

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:25 AM
    In other words, you want someone to go through this post and find out what works and what doesn't?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    I have read each and every reply or post made on this thread. You can see my comments in each page.
    I never asked u, nor anyone to try it for me. I asked to those 2,3 people who already updated it, for their feedback! They have not mentioned what works, and what doesn't, clearly. If I update my PlayBook, I don't wanna throw it into the dustbin, that's all!
    By mistake i've "thanked" your stupid reply, I was gonna click on "reply" but clicked on "thanks"

Posted via Q10
    Mecca EL, ev44 and KellyM4 like this.
    12-04-14 05:48 AM
    I have read each and every reply or post made on this thread. You can see my comments in each page.
    I never asked u, nor anyone to try it for me. I asked to those 2,3 people who already updated it, for their feedback! They have not mentioned what works, and what doesn't, clearly. If I update my PlayBook, I don't wanna throw it into the dustbin, that's all!
    By mistake i've "thanked" your stupid reply, I was gonna click on "reply" but clicked on "thanks"

Posted via Q10
    It's been said if you just update to 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 you can rollback to the BlackBerry PlayBook OS

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:42 AM
    It's been said if you just update to 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 you can rollback to the BlackBerry PlayBook OS

Posted via CB10
    I've read that the latest 2.1 OS, downloadable from the internet(not using PlayBook software update) doesn't have any radio, so if I download an older OS with radio, can I be able to upgrade my OS using the software update? Cuz I have a PlayBook LTE model.
    And I wanna know is it worth it spending time on it, to install BlackBerry 10 OS, I just wanna know, atleast if the android apps perform better cuz the person who installed it, said it's the same gingerbread runtime. And bridge functionality doesn't work, I suppose?since bridebbm and bridgesms can't be sideloaded?

Posted via Q10
    12-04-14 09:30 AM
    *double post*
    12-04-14 09:31 AM
    Hi
    It would be nice if someone has a link to the last 2.1 OS with the Radio ? Yes you'll automatically get the update notice when completing the install. 10 os for Playbook is for more for Geeks who like to hack and see what works. The thread indicates that the Android run time is the same as 2.1 ? from my memory and pretty much useless from my experience.
    I installed many Android ROM"s on my HP Touchpad. I sure wish WebOS or Playbook OS were active.
    WinTel released that HP Stream 32GB tablet for 99CAD. To try to get in the Tablet market. Pretty amazing device for the price.
    12-04-14 09:58 AM
    Hi
    The thread indicates that the Android run time is the same as 2.1 ? from my memory and pretty much useless from my experience.
    Actually, the runtime that Leatherface WAS running before seemed to be the runtime from OS 2.0, which was a major step backwards in functionality.
    12-04-14 10:12 AM
    The main thing I wanted was an android runtime that doesn't time out. I use this PlayBook almost exclusively for navigation. Osmand runs great on it and doesn't time out now. Occasionally I use it to watch a movie/show or browse the Web, which still works fine with bb10. I have 32g LTE that I haven't installed bb10 on to keep all functionality. I use that one for work. Paired with my Z10, I can still do most things.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:26 PM
    Fwiw mine is WiFi only
    Those with radios beware.

Personally, I'd skip it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:27 PM
    AFAIK android runtime is same or worse. All that I have is a stripped down wifi playbook that runs a little better and has a few things different than before.

Just skip it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:28 PM
    I've read that the latest 2.1 OS, downloadable from the internet(not using PlayBook software update) doesn't have any radio, so if I download an older OS with radio, can I be able to upgrade my OS using the software update? Cuz I have a PlayBook LTE model.
    And I wanna know is it worth it spending time on it, to install BlackBerry 10 OS, I just wanna know, atleast if the android apps perform better cuz the person who installed it, said it's the same gingerbread runtime. And bridge functionality doesn't work, I suppose?since bridebbm and bridgesms can't be sideloaded?

Posted via Q10
    Read wrong.

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...RgK7H3LWqy4orw

Or, find the 1917 OS and 1283 radio bars:

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:32 PM
    Fwiw mine is WiFi only
    Those with radios beware.

Personally, I'd skip it.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say that those with LTE PB, should beware of this OS10?
    And do u see a significant improvement in the browser according to your experience? Does bridge work for u?

Posted via Q10
    12-05-14 07:30 AM
    . I use this PlayBook almost exclusively for navigation. Osmand runs great on it and doesn't time out now. Occasionally I use it to watch a movie/show or browse the Web, which still works fine with bb10. I have 32g LTE that I haven't installed bb10 on to keep all functionality. I use that one for work. Paired with my Z10, I can still do most things.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    OK . I'm keen on the GPS function ! If that and Osmand all work in 10 . I'd like to try. Can you tell me if your using the the 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 version ? Why does the 10.0.4 say (Repair) if its a full installer ? Just ignore that ? The GPS reception seems to already have improved using the CFP wipe and install . RE: Q10 , can I used this same CFP tool to clean reload a Q10 ?
    12-05-14 09:40 AM
    . I use this PlayBook almost exclusively for navigation. Osmand runs great on it and doesn't time out now. Occasionally I use it to watch a movie/show or browse the Web, which still works fine with bb10. I have 32g LTE that I haven't installed bb10 on to keep all functionality. I use that one for work. Paired with my Z10, I can still do most things.

Posted via CB10
    OK . I'm keen on the GPS function ! If that and Osmand all work in 10 . I'd like to try. Can you tell me if your using the the 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 version ? Why does the 10.0.4 say (Repair) if its a full installer ? Just ignore that ? The GPS reception seems to already have improved using the CFP wipe and install . RE: Q10 , can I used this same CFP tool to clean reload a Q10 ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not the person to answer any technical questions. What I do know is the 10.0.4 repair file has the core OS and Radio file only. You also need to go from 10.0.4 to 10.0.6, you can't go directly to 10.0.6 from 2.1.

Osmand does work well and the GPS is much better at grabbing a signal. The only odd thing is I have to accept the app permissions every time I launch Osmand, not sure, but it doesn't effect functionality. I'm using the android player from 10.0.6, I haven't had any major issues, there is some lag at times, but nothing some patience doesn't solve.

On a side note: I have access to BB10 apps, some will download, others won't. CBS Fantasy Sports works great, TheScore doesn't work and I can't find a bar that works properly either. The Filebrowser is a nightmare. pic thumbnails don't work, neither do videos.

My Bluetooth is interesting, I can receive files now, but it won't show me as connected to anything. It connected to my headset, but wouldn't show anything. Audio played through it, so it did work. I can't get the bridge to work at all, but I don't need it for this one so it doesn't bother me.

Anymore questions, just ask.
    12-05-14 12:20 PM
    OK . I'm keen on the GPS function ! If that and Osmand all work in 10 . I'd like to try. Can you tell me if your using the the 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 version ? Why does the 10.0.4 say (Repair) if its a full installer ? Just ignore that ? The GPS reception seems to already have improved using the CFP wipe and install . RE: Q10 , can I used this same CFP tool to clean reload a Q10 ?
    I'm not the person to answer any technical questions. What I do know is the 10.0.4 repair file has the core OS and Radio file only. You also need to go from 10.0.4 to 10.0.6, you can't go directly to 10.0.6 from 2.1.

Osmand does work well and the GPS is much better at grabbing a signal. The only odd thing is I have to accept the app permissions every time I launch Osmand, not sure, but it doesn't effect functionality. I'm using the android player from 10.0.6, I haven't had any major issues, there is some lag at times, but nothing some patience doesn't solve.

On a side note: I have access to BB10 apps, some will download, others won't. CBS Fantasy Sports works great, TheScore doesn't work and I can't find a bar that works properly either. The Filebrowser is a nightmare. pic thumbnails don't work, neither do videos.

My Bluetooth is interesting, I can receive files now, but it won't show me as connected to anything. It connected to my headset, but wouldn't show anything. Audio played through it, so it did work. I can't get the bridge to work at all, but I don't need it for this one so it doesn't bother me.

Anymore questions, just ask.[/QUOTE]

Are you having the lte version?if yes, then does your sim work?
    If u r having the non lte version, how is the performance of the tablet?

Posted via Q10
    12-05-14 07:54 PM

Anymore questions, just ask.
    Are you having the lte version?if yes, then does your sim work?
    If u r having the non lte version, how is the performance of the tablet?

Posted via Q10[/QUOTE]

Haven't done it with the LTE version, leaving that one alone because I use it for work everyday and would be screwed if I didn't have it, sorry I can't help.
    12-05-14 08:06 PM
    Posted via Q10
    Haven't done it with the LTE version, leaving that one alone because I use it for work everyday and would be screwed if I didn't have it, sorry I can't help.[/QUOTE]

So on which PlayBook have u install the OS? Lol, the non LTE version?

Posted via Q10
    12-05-14 09:24 PM
    2 Questions:
    Are there benefits for Wi-Fi version to install 10.0.6?
    Is it possible to find android player from some older/test/prelease version and test it with PlayBook and load it on it?
    12-06-14 01:14 PM
    I'm using it on my good old 16 gig PlayBook. Not a huge loss if a screw something up.

I haven't thought about installing the android runtime from 10.0.6 onto 2.1. I doubt it would work since much smarter people than I started this thread.

Posted via CB10
    taccy likes this.
    12-06-14 02:09 PM
    @ChandraDCP, are you still there? Need a bit help

Posted via Q10
    12-13-14 01:59 AM
    If I have yours or leatherface's pin, it would be really helpful

Posted via Q10
    12-13-14 03:03 AM
    Yes.. I totally agree with you.. technically should be able to run BlackBerry 10.. but I think RIM does not want to invest more on playbook..
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-14-14 09:47 AM
    Thurask, this link is no longer working! ;(

Posted via Q10
    01-20-15 08:02 PM
685 ... 2425262728