Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jeroen_13
  • 1 Post By ayaromenok
  • 1 Post By Wil.I.Am S
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PIN: PM me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Lightbulb [SOLVED] BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS on Playbook problem

Okay, so I have PlayBook with OS 10.0.4.197 on it. I install it via DingleBerry (I forgot the version). I successfully install it and it worked fine, until I decide (maybe this is stupid thing, but yeah, I'm a newbie) "wipe" my PlayBook, hoping I can restore my default OS.
    After reboot, on home screen I can see only 2 icons! Browser and Setup. When I try to connect my PlayBook to my laptop, my laptop can't detect my PlayBook! I don't know what to do now, I tried to search on Google about this problem but I can't find anything.

What must I do? Now I'm hopeless. Here's the picture and proof:
    The PlayBook
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS on Playbook problem-cengkareng-20130214-00185.jpg
    and the OS
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS on Playbook problem-cengkareng-20130214-00186.jpg

Thanks,
    Wil.I.Am S

EDIT:

SOLVED!

Guys! I can FIX it! I went to Settings, and then went to "Storage&Sharing", theres an option named "USB Connections", I switched to "Connect to Windows".
    Next, I did this step:

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen_13 View Post
    Turn off your playbook, open desktop manager, connect your playbook -> you'll receive an Error message suchc as; Cannot connect -> choose update/downgrade and let it reinstall the latest official os
    Now my PlayBook running OS 2.1.0.1526. Thanks for all your help! I appreciate all of you. Sorry if my English are bad. Lol.
    Last edited by Wil.I.Am S; 02-16-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

Turn off your playbook, open desktop manager, connect your playbook -> you'll receive an Error message suchc as; Cannot connect -> choose update/downgrade and let it reinstall the latest official os
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    Thanked by 2:
    vipkyd (02-17-2013),  Wil.I.Am S (02-16-2013) 
    Sith_Apprentice and vipkyd like this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Didn't work

I just did it. I turned off the PlayBook, open BB Desktop Software, and I plug my PlayBook with turned off condition. But, when I plug my PlayBook, nothing happened. The PlayBook boot up and turned on, and I got this notification:
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS on Playbook problem-error.jpg

Well, did I kill my PB?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

You didn't killed your playbook. Try to reinstall desktop manager so it forgets your playbook. Then re-do the steps
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    CrackBerry User

Is BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS looks good on the playbook?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Ali Mchala View Post
    Is BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS looks good on the playbook?
    please dont install the Dev Alpha OS on your playbook !
    it works fine for developers, but it is not fully functional. not all the apps are working etc. so dont give it a try !

Edit; interface is the same, but sometimes the keyboard laggs. Not an ideal OS
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 02-14-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeahwe know that but as Mohamed Ali Mchala asked, does it look good?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mickrick View Post
    Yeahwe know that but as Mohamed Ali Mchala asked, does it look good?
    Edited my post above
    ❤ button

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

You didn't killed your playbook. Try to reinstall desktop manager so it forgets your playbook. Then re-do the steps
    Okay. I will try it after my school today.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Wil.I.Am S View Post
    Well, did I kill my PB?
    no.
    use cfp (command line BB update tool):
    - switch off PB and connect to USB;
    - cfp.exe wipe (usually it's necessary when downgrade from 10.x to 2.1.x)
    - cfp.exe load coreos.xxx.signed with version 2.1.
    images of 2.1 can be found at BlackBerry PlayBook OS Downloads (except the 2.1.0.1526.zip , which is broken file now)
    Thanked by:
    Wil.I.Am S (02-16-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Edit; interface is the same, but sometimes the keyboard laggs. Not an ideal OS
    Interface is the same? so BB10 update for playbook will not bring any interface changes?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,745 Global Posts

I did try that OS Beta BB10 too with my other PB... but I found it useless and buggy, so I went back to latest PB official OS... but I didn't do the security swipe... instead, I just turn off my PB, connect it to Desktop Software and turn it on... the Desktop Software Manager then ask if I want to update to latest OS, and that's it... I press YES and when I got back, it's ready for set-up...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Still can't. My laptop can't read my PlayBook. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ayaromenok View Post
    no.
    use cfp (command line BB update tool):
    - switch off PB and connect to USB;
    - cfp.exe wipe (usually it's necessary when downgrade from 10.x to 2.1.x)
    - cfp.exe load coreos.xxx.signed with version 2.1.
    images of 2.1 can be found at BlackBerry PlayBook OS Downloads (except the 2.1.0.1526.zip , which is broken file now)
    I downloaded CFP_3.9.0.175 and CFP_3.9.0.190, when I opened it, the CFP only opened about 3 seconds and then quit by itself.

Edit: I plugged my PlayBook on another laptop and PC, but still it did'nt connected. My PlayBook can't be detected.
    CrackBerry User

I downloaded CFP_3.9.0.175 and CFP_3.9.0.190, when I opened it, the CFP only opened about 3 seconds and then quit by itself.
    Edit: I plugged my PlayBook on another laptop and PC, but still it did'nt connected. My PlayBook can't be detected.
    CFP_3.9.0.190 is OK.
    it's a command-line tool - and in console you had a list of commands to use (I already write them in previous post)
    PB not detected due to lack of drivers(or they outdated and not support 10.4.x)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by ayaromenok View Post
    CFP_3.9.0.190 is OK.
    it's a command-line tool - and in console you had a list of commands to use (I already write them in previous post)
    PB not detected due to lack of drivers(or they outdated and not support 10.4.x)
    So do you have any ideas how to fix it?
    Or I should go to BlackBerry sevice center or something to fix it?
    But I want to repair it by myself if I can, and I won't waste my money (but if I should I will, lol)
    CrackBerry User

So do you have any ideas how to fix it?
    well, I already explain a procedure to restore PB OS to original 2.1 (without BB Desktop Software and/or DingleBerry) - as I understand, it's what you try to do before wipe (and need to restore normal functionality of you PB).
    In case, if you don't really know, how to use cfp - better to ask somebody, who more familiar with cmd-line tools, or use service center (nut since BB never release a BB10 for playbook, it can cost you some money and removing warranty ).
    FYI: I use BB 10.0.6.671 on my playbook (I am developer), and it can be sync with BB Desktop 7.1.0.32 (bundle 33). but it's exactly, as yours - only two apps - browser and setup.
    Wil.I.Am S likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

From your pics I gather that the swipe down menu still works. Click on software updates while connected to wifi. Click check for updates then install. 2.1 is the latest os and if its not installed it will be there to upgrade to.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Guys! I can FIX it! I went to Settings, and then went to "Storage&Sharing", theres an option named "USB Connections", I switched to "Connect to Windows".
    Next, I did this step:

Now my PlayBook running OS 2.1.0.1526. Thanks for all your help! I appreciate all of you. Sorry if my English are bad. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Segree View Post
    From your pics I gather that the swipe down menu still works. Click on software updates while connected to wifi. Click check for updates then install. 2.1 is the latest os and if its not installed it will be there to upgrade to.
    I "Dinggled" it, so you can't upgrade your OS, but aprreciate you help, thx ^^

- WIl.I.Am S
    Thanked by:
    jeroen_13 (02-16-2013) 
    jeroen_13 likes this.