- 02-14-13, 09:38 AM #2
Turn off your playbook, open desktop manager, connect your playbook -> you'll receive an Error message suchc as; Cannot connect -> choose update/downgrade and let it reinstall the latest official os
- 02-14-13, 12:45 PM #6
Last edited by jeroen_13; 02-14-13 at 03:49 PM.
- 02-14-13, 06:46 PM #10
use cfp (command line BB update tool):
- switch off PB and connect to USB;
- cfp.exe wipe (usually it's necessary when downgrade from 10.x to 2.1.x)
- cfp.exe load coreos.xxx.signed with version 2.1.
images of 2.1 can be found at BlackBerry PlayBook OS Downloads (except the 188.8.131.526.zip , which is broken file now)
- 02-15-13, 04:57 AM #12
I did try that OS Beta BB10 too with my other PB... but I found it useless and buggy, so I went back to latest PB official OS... but I didn't do the security swipe... instead, I just turn off my PB, connect it to Desktop Software and turn it on... the Desktop Software Manager then ask if I want to update to latest OS, and that's it... I press YES and when I got back, it's ready for set-up...
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
Edit: I plugged my PlayBook on another laptop and PC, but still it did'nt connected. My PlayBook can't be detected.
- 02-16-13, 03:19 AM #14
- 02-16-13, 07:44 AM #16
In case, if you don't really know, how to use cfp - better to ask somebody, who more familiar with cmd-line tools, or use service center (nut since BB never release a BB10 for playbook, it can cost you some money and removing warranty ).
FYI: I use BB 10.0.6.671 on my playbook (I am developer), and it can be sync with BB Desktop 184.108.40.206 (bundle 33). but it's exactly, as yours - only two apps - browser and setup.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-16-13, 07:52 AM #17
- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
From your pics I gather that the swipe down menu still works. Click on software updates while connected to wifi. Click check for updates then install. 2.1 is the latest os and if its not installed it will be there to upgrade to.
Guys! I can FIX it! I went to Settings, and then went to "Storage&Sharing", theres an option named "USB Connections", I switched to "Connect to Windows".
Next, I did this step:
- WIl.I.Am S
- By HasanKazem in forum BlackBerry 10 Dev DevicesReplies: 10Last Post: 11-29-12, 07:15 PM
- By edyb in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-12, 09:25 AM
- By Megha31 in forum BlackBerry 10 Dev DevicesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-12, 10:50 AM
- By emrecanyrgc in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 10Last Post: 07-22-12, 01:18 AM
- By 6insomnia9 in forum BlackBerry 10 Dev DevicesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-12, 09:11 AM