It appears that once you go to the 2.1 beta, you can never go back to 2.0.1. An error occurs every time you try to downgrade. BS.
    09-22-12 03:56 PM
    09-22-12 04:13 PM
    Never say never. Many on here have downgraded. Most used CFP or Dingleberry.
    09-22-12 05:37 PM
    False, with the 1MB I as well as others have had not issues downgrading.

edit: I downgraded without cfp or dingleberry
    Last edited by Berry_Intelligence; 09-22-12 at 05:42 PM.
    09-22-12 05:38 PM
    Well I wish I would get this upgrade so I can downgrade.
    antiRIM, trsbbs and Trunkton like this.
    09-22-12 05:43 PM
    This method only lets you downgrade to 2.0.1.668. The OP has a point, you will NEVER downgrade past that, well unless RIM changes the NVRAM, which they might do in that 1 mb update.

Is there anyway for someone to grab that update from the servers?
    Last edited by antiRIM; 09-22-12 at 07:40 PM.
    09-22-12 07:38 PM
    This method only lets you downgrade to 2.0.1.668. The OP has a point, you will NEVER downgrade past that, well unless RIM changes the NVRAM, which they might do in that 1 mb update.

Is there anyway for someone to grab that update from the servers?
    It's still 2.0.1...
    09-22-12 07:48 PM
    It's still 2.0.1...
    I want to downgrade to .358, mentioned above they say that I can with the 1 mb update.
    09-22-12 07:57 PM
    Never say never. Many on here have downgraded. Most used CFP or Dingleberry.
    As these two solutions may work and it is terrible that we must us software that could void the warranty.

To release something with no way of easily downgrade was another RIM FUBAR.

I am stuck and may have to use one of these solutions to get my PB working as it should, but then my PB is out of warranty.

Yes, I know it was a beta, but it should be downgradable.

Seems RIM needs a better internal testing group and procedures.

Tim
    09-22-12 08:34 PM
    It clearly states before you install the beta that you won't be able to.

Yet you hit the OK button and blame RIM?
    09-22-12 09:02 PM
    Could downgrade from every other beta.
    antiRIM and Barljo like this.
    09-22-12 09:06 PM
    I want to downgrade to .358, mentioned above they say that I can with the 1 mb update.
    Just to clarify with everyone that may be reading [so it does not create a chaotic thread]: I never mentioned to antiRIM nor any other member on this thread that the recent update that some receive some have not [Only one of my PlayBooks have received the update as of now] allows a direct downgrade path to .358

The OP said and I quote: "It appears that once you go to the 2.1 beta, you can never go back to 2.0.1. An error occurs every time you try to downgrade. BS."

I never said that there was a direct downgrade path that I have used to get to .358, in fact as far as I know you still cannot. However, I was able to test a direct downgrade path [without third party intervention] to 2.0.1.668 successfully.

As I have said in other threads due to this possibility, I recommend [with much rebuff from trsbbs] that Security Wipes should be done as house keeping on the BlackBerry Tablets because some issues with said operation caused operational issues.

So to wrap this up the OP said 2.0.1 and did not mention specifically .358 nor .668, if you want .668 I know that it worked fine for me as well as others. .358 as antiRIM wishes to have a downgrade path to without third party intervention will never be possible as far as I know.

I ask with all due respect that individuals do not place words into statements that I make... If the words belonged there I would type them there

Anyway if anyone has questions regarding this topic, if I can be of assistance I surely will try and do my best.
    09-22-12 09:12 PM

Actually, it clearly says that you can downgrade to 2.0.
    09-22-12 09:17 PM

No, they would never do this on a beta.

Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-22-12 09:39 PM
    Why is everyone downgrading? This release is great
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-22-12 10:44 PM

If I walk up to you with a sign saying "If you talk to me I will hit you" and you walk up and I hit you, it still does not make it right.

Also the fact that RIM is attempting to release a fix for this sort of blows a hole in you idea.

Wrong is wrong no matter what signage you attach to it.

Tim
    09-22-12 10:54 PM
    What is the date of that post?

I just installed the beta on 7 or 8 PBs and I am pretty sure I got the warning before I hit the OK button.

I wasn't overly concerned so I installed. No regrets. This beta works fine for me.
    09-22-12 11:00 PM
    If I walk up to you with a sign saying "If you talk to me I will hit you" and you walk up and I hit you, it still does not make it right.

Also the fact that RIM is attempting to release a fix for this sort of blows a hole in you idea.

Wrong is wrong no matter what signage you attach to it.

Tim
    Not my idea.

If you lived on a flood plain and got flooded would you still whine?

What exactly is RIM trying to patch and where?

What signage is wrong in your opinion?
    09-22-12 11:08 PM
    What is the date of that post?

I just installed the beta on 7 or 8 PBs and I am pretty sure I got the warning before I hit the OK button.

I wasn't overly concerned so I installed. No regrets. This beta works fine for me.
    Go to the site where you register for the beta, at the bottom theres a link.
    09-22-12 11:34 PM
    Actually, it clearly says that you can downgrade to 2.0.
    No. It states "Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current Non-Beta Release"

The current Release is v2.0.1.358 not 2.0
    09-23-12 07:52 AM
    Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current Non-Beta Release

The current non-beta release is .358.

Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-23-12 07:57 AM
    But this is what I find at: https://developer.blackberry.com/register/

"How do I remove the 2.1.0.840 Beta from my PlayBook?"

"If you have already installed the preview and would like to go back to the latest production software, follow these instructions"

From the indicated link:

"Summary

This article applies to the following:
    BlackBerry� PlayBook OS
    BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet

Details

Prior to upgrading to a beta release of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS, perform a full backup that can be used to restore your device after downgrading. Note: Backups of a higher release can not be restored onto a lower release. This article explains how to back up your data.

Use the following steps to downgrade your tablet from a beta release to the current production release. This procedure requires an Internet connection.

Please note that if you signed up for the PlayBook OS beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed. This does not apply to developers who received a BlackBerry PlayBook with a beta pre-installed. You are able to downgrade at any time.

Turn off your device.
    Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    Enter your device password.
    When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook, choose Update. Note that this screen will dissapear once the tablet boots up.
    Enter your email address or uncheck “Yes, email me when updates are available”.
    Click Install if using Windows, Repair if using Mac."
    09-23-12 09:47 AM

"If you have already installed the preview and would like to go back to the latest production software, follow these instructions"

From the indicated link:

"Summary

BlackBerry� PlayBook OS
    BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet

Details

Prior to upgrading to a beta release of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS, perform a full backup that can be used to restore your device after downgrading. Note: Backups of a higher release can not be restored onto a lower release. This article explains how to back up your data.

Use the following steps to downgrade your tablet from a beta release to the current production release. This procedure requires an Internet connection.

Please note that if you signed up for the PlayBook OS beta and installed it over the air you will need to wait approximatly 24 hours before you can downgrade. Otherwise, your BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first bootup after the downgrade has been installed. This does not apply to developers who received a BlackBerry PlayBook with a beta pre-installed. You are able to downgrade at any time.

Turn off your device.
    When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry PlayBook, choose Update. Note that this screen will dissapear once the tablet boots up.
    Enter your email address or uncheck �Yes, email me when updates are available�.
    This is correct but the problem was that it didnt work..although i hear after the 1mb update it is now working with DM so there is no need for cfp.
    09-23-12 12:58 PM

From the indicated link:

"Summary

BlackBerry� PlayBook OS
    BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet

Details

Turn off your device.
    Enter your email address or uncheck �Yes, email me when updates are available�.
    The current production release I believe is 2.0.1.358. Not 2.0 as someone previously posted.
    09-23-12 04:54 PM
    2.0.1.358 is part of the 2.0 series.
    09-23-12 05:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD