Well it seems that after all this time it's clear that bb10 for the pb is a marketing issue after all.
    In my eyes of course.

Well the truth is development as well as support and sdk's for the bb10 os for the pb cost money, in real hard cash or manhours.
    But are they gonna make any money releasing bb10, the truth is not really, as the pb cannot attract any new sales and the market is too small to support such an endeavour worth while. So especially now can bby spend money that way in truth, not really.

So why not drop it and be done, well all the pb owners especially with the fire sales lately have increased in number and all these are potential z10 and q5 buyers so why lose them, tell them something positive and let them wait for it.

Hey and if after all we hit our numbers in sales and revenue maybe there are enough manhours left for bb10 on pb, maybe not.

My thoughts.
    Pavlos
    05-30-13 10:16 AM
    Well it seems that after all this time it's clear that bb10 for the pb is a marketing issue after all.
    In my eyes of course.

Well the truth is development as well as support and sdk's for the bb10 os for the pb cost money, in real hard cash or manhours.
    But are they gonna make any money releasing bb10, the truth is not really, as the pb cannot attract any new sales and the market is too small to support such an endeavour worth while. So especially now can bby spend money that way in truth, not really.

So why not drop it and be done, well all the pb owners especially with the fire sales lately have increased in number and all these are potential z10 and q5 buyers so why lose them, tell them something positive and let them wait for it.

Hey and if after all we hit our numbers in sales and revenue maybe there are enough manhours left for bb10 on pb, maybe not.

My thoughts.
    Pavlos
    The hardware (sales wise) isn't really the issue, imo. By putting BB10 on the existing PlayBooks they:
    1. Can claim an extra 1 million (or whatever) BB10 devices in the wild. Doesn't have to be sold (as long as in store) or used. All they are saying is BB10 devices in the wild, not "BB10 devices sold". Wording is key here.
    2. The more BB10 devices the more developers are willing to develop for it
    3. The more BB10 apps the more customers are willing to buy a BB10 phone (and tablet if they re-release it, or for any still being sold)
    4. The more consumers, the more the investors are happy
    5. By putting money into BB10 for the PB (should be minimal since QNX is based on it), they can add all those above without the cost of Research, Design, and manufacturing hardware.
    6. They stay with a foot in the door for future considerations for tablets (they will be back to it, like Apple with "the 7in screen is too small". Market share is too big.)
    7. They have a (small) eco-system. Unless they go into the desktop game (very, very unlikely but I guess they could years down the road for business computers since QNX was desktop OS when they bought it and Windows 8 isn't very business orientated), they will have Phone, Car, and Tablet eco-system. Google, Apple, Microsoft all have an ecosystem.

BB10 should be out for the PlayBook, as that was the last word. The issue, in this particular case, isn't marketing or money sense, but rather communication. In my opinion at least.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-13 11:15 AM
    And I am almost 100 percent positive that there is more than ONE person (myself) that is waiting to see how BB releases BB10 for the Playbook (read fix/resore FULL Bridge functionality!), then the next day I will sign up for another 2 yrs with Big Red and get my Z10.

Not until then. Otherwise, my Torch 9850 and PB with the current OS level I will stick with. (That means no more hardware money from me, just redirect it to the folks who make Crown Royal, and have a "pop" with S.O.M....................

C
    FF22 likes this.
    05-31-13 09:01 AM