nevermind
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-26-13 05:58 PM
    Oops. Wrong thread.
    nevermind
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-26-13 06:12 PM
    this is what Mr.Heins said
    Since we're all guessing... BB10 on Playbook will release later in the year, earliest window being summer. A new playbook tablet is on the Blackberry radar but they won't focus on it until they've stabilized in the mobile market with the phones. Then it will definitely come. We early playbook adopters will be de facto beta testers... And I don't blame them for not making the playbook BB10 OS a priority right now. I'm guessing that at least half of the current playbook owners, like myself, bought the tablet at a firesale price. And you know what, OS 2.1 for playbook is pretty damn good. AND, as a Z10 owner, I get to download some apps on my PB that I purchased on my Z10. If only I could say that I enjoyed the same level of support from Apple for my old iPhone 3G...

Or my $399 Asus Transformer tablet. I had to root it to get Jelly Bean since Asus wants me to upgrade. And I got the Asus tablet just a short time before I got my Playbook. So the fact that Blackberry is even going to update my playbook? Well, they're already ahead of an Android competitor...

Considering the amount of complaints, I'm going to assume that most people posting use their playbooks regularly. So I guess the tablet isn't useless for day to day use. I'd like to test BB10 on my $149 64GB Playbook as much as anybody, but I'm not gonna freak out because my discontinued tablet isn't top of the priority list. Sheeesh...
    02-26-13 07:45 PM
    g2hockey!

I told you!
    See?
    He hath returned!
    The lockout. Remember?
    jafobabe and Taipuma like this.
    02-26-13 07:48 PM
    I have 2 PlayBooks and a new Z10 (and an old Torch 9800 that still works on WiFi). I LOVE the new z10 but I can honestly say that the PlayBooks are wonderful as they are too. Yes, I'd love to get the new browser on them... They already have a "hub" of sorts so I'm fine with what they have from that perspective. The biggest missing feature from BB10 on them is DLNA (and the ability to run Native/Cascades apps). If they add that to the PlayBooks I think people who bought them at $149 got the deal of the century. I paid well over $1K for mine plus the accessories (and that included the free one I got from BBRY for developing an App) and I do NOT feel ripped off. Those PlayBooks have been around the world with me and I've done things on them that a iPad user could only dream of. I'll wait patiently for BB10 on the PlayBooks because I've got it on the z10. I'm more and more impressed with this phone every day.
    02-26-13 10:41 PM
    I need the update, my PB camera just died all of the sudden the other day. Shame really, I 'm dissapointed at this possible software error.
    02-27-13 08:24 AM
    I need the update, my PB camera just died all of the sudden the other day. Shame really, I 'm dissapointed at this possible software error.
    I doubt a camera issue is likely a software issue.

I'd be ringing up BlackBerry support and RMA'ing that - every camera issue I've read about, here, has been hardware and resolved by BlackBerry fixing it.
    02-27-13 08:39 AM
    It actually should be a software issue. When I go into vedeo chat, both cameras are working just fine.
    02-27-13 08:42 AM
    It actually should be a software issue. When I go into vedeo chat, both cameras are working just fine.
    Ring their support line, see what they say.

Report back here afterwards.
    02-27-13 08:55 AM
    whennnnnnn? I can't wait.
    02-27-13 09:46 AM
    Here's something interesting I noticed on my Mac when I connected my Playbook to Blackberry Link. It says there is an update to OS 10 available for it but so far, it just sits there trying to download it but never happens..

BB10 it coming to PLAYBOOK.  FOR SURE not when-image-2013-02-27-1.15-pm.jpg

There's also an option to "restore your Blackberry 10 device to factory defaults" offered for the Playbook. I'd like to try it but haven't been brave enough yet. I figure it'll do the same thing, not be able to restore the right software, and then my PB will be screwed up.

At least, it might be showing that they are getting prepared to include the Playbook soon...hopefully.

H. Moot
    02-27-13 01:41 PM
    Unfortunately there are still people out there that don't seem to get it. I think there's a new "will the playbook get/be able to run BB10" every other day or so...
    If you recall HULU was advertised as being on the Playbook pre launch.....
    ...In fact the RIM REP who called on our company had a playbook and was using HULU on it in front of me.
    ...In the end however the product launches and there is no HULU.

I'm not saying the Playbook will be left behind on BB10.....
    ...I'm just saying RIM's track record on following through with what they say isn't the best.
    02-27-13 02:33 PM
    Here's something interesting I noticed on my Mac when I connected my Playbook to Blackberry Link. It says there is an update to OS 10 available for it but so far, it just sits there trying to download it but never happens..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2013-02-27 at 1.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	138192

There's also an option to "restore your Blackberry 10 device to factory defaults" offered for the Playbook. I'd like to try it but haven't been brave enough yet. I figure it'll do the same thing, not be able to restore the right software, and then my PB will be screwed up.

At least, it might be showing that they are getting prepared to include the Playbook soon...hopefully.

H. Moot
    Tantalizing...
    02-27-13 11:10 PM
    I personally wouldn't expect bb10 to show up on the playbook until the phones have been available globally for at least a month. that being said i would guess May
    02-28-13 12:50 AM
    I personally wouldn't expect bb10 to show up on the playbook until the phones have been available globally for at least a month. that being said i would guess May
    I agree, my guess is that it will announced at the BlackBerry Live conferece.
    02-28-13 04:33 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2013-02-27 at 1.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	138192

H. Moot
    5.9MB! Wow, BlackBerry's compression algorithms are GOOD :-D
    Affableaardvark likes this.
    03-02-13 04:36 AM
    Was looking through tech news and saw this. Take it with a grain of salt.

"BlackBerry will launch a BB10 tablet later this year, according to Sarim Aziz, the company?s head of developer relations for Asia Pacific. Unfortunately, we don?t have all the details, but we do know that the existing BlackBerry PlayBook is slated to get the BB10 update in the next few months.

This move could potentially give a much-needed push to the nascent platform, though it?s still hard to tell anything at this moment. The good news is that the existing PlayBook owners won?t be left out with the old system and will be able to not only run newer apps, but also enjoy the fancier gesture-based UI."
    http://www.intomobile.com/2013/03/02...e+(IntoMobile)

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:59 AM
    For you guys b*tching about blackberry using the description "soon" all I can say is get use to it.

I have been hearing that term for years with their products. Translate it as "we dont know when we can fulfill this promise, either" haha
    03-03-13 08:43 AM
    I would rather they say soon than give an exact date only to release a broken OS. Or for that matter keep pushing the date back when they can't get it to work. Soon gives use some hope while a specific date that has come and gone just lets you down more.
    03-15-13 10:03 AM
    As long as T-Mobile releases a date for the Z10 soon I can wait on my playbook. It still works just fine, wonder if my battery will be up to surviving the time that the playbook will be relevant over. BB10 will basically give it another two years at least.
    03-15-13 10:19 AM
    For you guys b*tching about blackberry using the description "soon" all I can say is get use to it.

I have been hearing that term for years with their products. Translate it as "we dont know when we can fulfill this promise, either" haha
    Really because they have been pushing out z10 updates at lightning speed.

Don't forget, unlike legacy bbos, Qnx is much easier to update because of the small size of the kernel, which for most updates would not need to be modified.

I love the new BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-15-13 10:38 AM
    agreed bb10 from pbos2.1 is an incrimental upgrade.

like I've been telling every naysayer this is an excellent way for bb to flood the market with bb10

a lot of playbook owners don't have a blackberry or even a smartphone and I know personally after using even 2.1 this has sure convinced me to get a z10.

all that aside Thor also said he wants to have a unified platform meaning no framentation meaning the death of pbos 2.1
    03-15-13 12:09 PM
    Any news about BB10 for Playbook? Looks like nobody want to talk about it anymore....
    03-31-13 11:58 PM
    April 19th 2013
    04-01-13 06:19 AM
    April 19th 2013
    April's Fool...
    04-01-13 02:27 PM
59 123