As much as I'd love to see it, has any RIM exec specifically maentioned BB10 coming to CURRENT PB?

Saying BB10 is coming to the PB can just mean BB10 will be the OS of the next gen PB.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-02-13 02:54 PM
    Check the thread your answer is in there already
    As much as I'd love to see it, has any RIM exec specifically maentioned BB10 coming to CURRENT PB?

Saying BB10 is coming to the PB can just mean BB10 will be the OS of the next gen PB.
    01-02-13 03:03 PM
    Good grief, any word RIM mutters gets analyzed more intently than the Dead Sea scrolls...

Take the first letter of each sentence in Heins' last statement and you'll find the clues...
    magutwit and David in Durham like this.
    01-02-13 03:39 PM
    It would be too embarrassing even for RIM not to throw some sort of a bone after their repeated promises.
    Exactly! And that's why I hope it'll be done as soon as possible.
    I'm not complaining (I wouldn't buy an iPad because of the size and weight; I like to read and to surf, so it's ok for my use; I enjoy the fluidity of the Os), but this tablet is...empty! It's true. I'd say that the upgrade to BB10 is the smallest thing they could do to apologize...(I read here that it's not expensive now, but when I bought it it was as expensive as the ipad)
    01-02-13 04:30 PM
    You seem to be obsessed with that magic number $200. This is the second post of yours throwing it around. I bet if it sold for $201 you would be all smiles. I guess since the iphone 4s is less than $100 on contract now it must be crap too.
    No, I think it's a good point, because I bought it for a price of an iPad. I can't say I appreciate that others buy it for nothing now just because it's such a disaster. Also I don't appreciate that Rim just made promises, sold it to some fools like I am for a price of an iPad only to drop it and and do other more important stuff.
    01-02-13 04:47 PM
    Good grief, any word RIM mutters gets analyzed more intently than the Dead Sea scrolls...

Take the first letter of each sentence in Heins' last statement and you'll find the clues...
    oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuh, can I play? That's it we need a Kabala (cabala, ad infintim transliterations available) app for the pb so we can parse out the meanings of things escaping out of Waterloo. You know, sayings like "just around the corner" "in 60 days" "by Summer"
    magutwit and JeepBB like this.
    01-02-13 06:17 PM
    01-02-13 06:32 PM
    @Blackberryscoop tweeted that BB10 will on the Playbook in 2 weeks internally.
    01-03-13 11:48 AM
    I'm afraid bb10 wont bridge with current pb os and if new bb is released and cannot bridge with playbook on day 1, it will be a major error by rim and inexcusable ......and i am a big supporter who has defended against a lot of the senseless media bashing. I hope bb scoop is reliable and bb10 is available to pb before new bb is out or at the same time at least
    01-03-13 05:34 PM
    I'm afraid bb10 wont bridge with current pb os and if new bb is released and cannot bridge with playbook on day 1, it will be a major error by rim and inexcusable ......and i am a big supporter who has defended against a lot of the senseless media bashing. I hope bb scoop is reliable and bb10 is available to pb before new bb is out or at the same time at least
    The bridge is a phone application. Just because BB10 is a new QNX platform (running the same OS as the playbook) doesn't mean RIM won't make an app for the bb10 phones that don't interface to the current playbook. The current BB phones run BBOS and interface to the Playbooks QNX so you don't need bb10 on your pb to bridge.
    01-03-13 08:12 PM
    I hear that PB will have a BB10 app call troll zapper. Just click on a troll like super smuckula and, zap, they are gone for good.
    01-03-13 08:28 PM
    Wow, people, let's consider ourselves duly castigated - thank you pavlos46 for pointing out the error of our techie excitement, and for being superbly patronising to boot!

I'm with you, F2!

(sorry, having one of those days....feeling better now)
    01-04-13 10:20 AM
    And this fear is based on... what? You're essentially suggesting that Bridge will disappear. Not happening. Hasn't even been rumored (or are you trying to start something?)
    01-04-13 10:28 AM
    My fear is based on an IT person at a company in k-w that I'm aware of who was supplied a bb running os10 last week as part of prelaunch testing. He was told directly from his rim contact that the new bb's will not be able to bridge with playbooks. The plan is to have them bridge but not till the playbooks get upgraded to bb10. My next fear is who knows when that will be. Rim would not elaborate but speculation is that a lot of software writing was done to upgrade bridge for bb10 and a lot more would have been done to build a temporary bridge for bb10 and current playbook os. That effort was probably not worth the few pleasing the few playbook owners that currently exist. I hated hearing this myself. I bridge a torch 9860 with my playbook and utilize daily. This will be a blow to me. When I heard this I had to ask again and again because I couldn't believe it. My friend said he did the same to rim and asked them to clarify. Rim did not provide many details but confirmed, bridge will not work at launch. I wish this was a hoax and more rim bashing but I'm a long time supporter who has been on pins and needles waiting to get my hands on a new bb. This news will make me wait till that problem gets sorted out because I can't do without bridge and if this is true, I must admit, rim will deserve bashing for this blunder.
    01-05-13 09:52 PM
    Its definitely coming

BB10 .... Any reasons why it WOULDN'T get ported to Playbook ??-b10pb.jpg
    01-07-13 07:54 PM
    Well 2015 is "sometime in the future"

I hope it's not too long though
    01-07-13 08:15 PM
    even if BB10 tanks, i'd guess PB will still get it as scrapware,,, like it's been said, again & again & again, it's just a matter of when,,, my GUESS, within 4-6 weeks of launch,,, my WISH, launch day...
    01-07-13 11:42 PM
    Personally my playbook is very usuable as is and even without BB10 I would continue to use it daily. it's a great tool for me: browsing, video, music, remote desktop, twitter, forums, etc and compact.
    01-08-13 06:14 PM
    I must admit, rim will deserve bashing for this blunder.
    They got seriously bashed for bridge in the first place. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

When I had a bold, I used it sometimes myself, but not a great deal. Everyones mileage varies I guess
    01-08-13 07:35 PM
    The only logical reason why BB10 will not be ported to current PlayBook is because the BB10 failed (just in case)... other than that, there is no excuse for RIM not to roll it out on PB as they promised...
    01-09-13 02:36 AM
    This news will make me wait till that problem gets sorted out because I can't do without bridge and if this is true, I must admit, rim will deserve bashing for this blunder.
    +1.
    01-09-13 05:14 AM
    The only logical reason why BB10 will not be ported to current PlayBook is because the BB10 failed (just in case)... other than that, there is no excuse for RIM not to roll it out on PB as they promised...
    To play Devil's Advocate, companies change strategies and abandon products all the time. As much as I don't want to see it, one possibility is that RIM decides to focus further and backtracks on their promise to bring BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBook. They wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to change their mind on something. If the rumours are to be believed about the PlayBook's initial parts order, RIM has got to be getting low on PlayBook inventory now. Unless the components have dropped substantially in price, I imagine they still aren't making money on building orders for retailers at the prices that retailers have been selling them through at. Likewise, the retailers aren't likely to stock PlayBook at a price that's profitable for RIM.

I used to use Apple's .Mac webhosting to host my website. I bought iWeb on seeing Steve Jobs talk about the easy integration with .Mac.

Now, .Mac has morphed into iCloud, webhosting is discontinued, my sites were taken down by Apple and iWeb is discontinued.

Not as bad as the folks who bought an HP branded WebOS phone or tablet and then were told a couple weeks later that HP was discontinuing the business.
    01-09-13 12:14 PM
    To play Devil's Advocate, companies change strategies and abandon products all the time. As much as I don't want to see it, one possibility is that RIM decides to focus further and backtracks on their promise to bring BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBook. They wouldn't be the first and won't be the last to change their mind on something. If the rumours are to be believed about the PlayBook's initial parts order, RIM has got to be getting low on PlayBook inventory now. Unless the components have dropped substantially in price, I imagine they still aren't making money on building orders for retailers at the prices that retailers have been selling them through at. Likewise, the retailers aren't likely to stock PlayBook at a price that's profitable for RIM.

I used to use Apple's .Mac webhosting to host my website. I bought iWeb on seeing Steve Jobs talk about the easy integration with .Mac.

Now, .Mac has morphed into iCloud, webhosting is discontinued, my sites were taken down by Apple and iWeb is discontinued.

Not as bad as the folks who bought an HP branded WebOS phone or tablet and then were told a couple weeks later that HP was discontinuing the business.

To expand on what was said above.

If the next version of the PlayBook is to be a success, RIM needs to:
    1: Get the pricing inline with comparables.
    2: Get full (current) Android app support /Google Play?
    3: How about inductive charging? (Thru armored cases as well)
    4: Micro-USB
    5: Micro-SD card slot.
    6: Create a Android version of BlackBerry Bridge.
    7: Do as Amazon does and offer a free app of the day.

PS: On the people who bought a HP branded WebOS phone or tablet and then were told a couple weeks later that HP was discontinuing the business. If RIM drops the PlayBook in a similar fashion it would be worse as ALL things come from RIM.

( Worse as PlayBook is a locked down device, those HP tablets being hackable, can run a different OS?)

01-09-13 10:01 PM
    To play Devil's Advocate, companies change strategies and abandon products all the time.
    Right, and then users do the same, change their strategy and buy another brand after that
    01-09-13 11:09 PM
    Its definitely coming

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b10pb.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	130557
    Its been definitely coming. Vivek is not the only RIM big wig to confirm this. Actually the CEO and the CMO both confirmed this long before Viveks tweet. People just won't believe until its actually on the PlayBook I guess lol. BBM is also coming to PlayBook so says the CMO.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 11:34 PM
106 ... 2345