In cfp there is a section that mentions the type of OS's that are possible for devices, listed is RMA OS. I think this is what RIM might load onto devices to debrick them. So this could be the light at the end of the tunnel for people who loaded BB10.1+ onto there PB. This would be a very beneficial leak if anyone can get it.
    Last edited by antiRIM; 07-09-13 at 01:24 PM.
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    07-09-13 12:26 PM
    In cfp there is a section that mentions the type of OS's that are possible for devices, listed is RMA OS. I think this is what RIM might load onto devices to debrick them. So this could be the light at the end of the tunnel for people who loaded BB10.1+ onto there PB. This would be a very beneficialleak if anyone can get it.
    yes, it will save the need for jtag for many. i got much much leads. it deactivates and reactivates the efuse. if someone can get it. it will help users from undergoing a jtag. can it be leaked or arranged.
    priority is 10+.
    but jtag is still mandatory for me, since if users fail using this process they need to jtag. if its found sooner than nice. many will enjoy the benefit of this leak. i also request for a leak. plus i am very close on jtag that i can say. rest of the info later, after i am sanguine that all works and the puzzles fit in place.
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. this is the jtag manual poll result.
    27 out of 200:
    No : 6+1=7+1=8
    Yes : 5+7=12+1=13+1=14
    Yes/No : 4+1=5
    if i add 5+8=13, which means 45% still wouldn't jtag. and they either are scared or doesnt have expertise or does have warranty valid still. so if someone got it? leak it please.
    antiRIM likes this.
    07-09-13 01:18 PM
    yes, it will save the need for jtag for many. i got much much leads. it deactivates and reactivates the efuse. if someone can get it. it will help users from undergoing a jtag. can it be leaked or arranged.
    priority is 10+.
    but jtag is still mandatory for me, since if users fail using this process they need to jtag. if its found sooner than nice. many will enjoy the benefit of this leak. i also request for a leak. plus i am very close on jtag that i can say. rest of the info later, after i am sanguine that all works and the puzzles fit in place.
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. this is the jtag manual poll result.
    27 out of 200:
    No : 6+1=7+1=8
    Yes : 5+7=12+1=13+1=14
    Yes/No : 4+1=5
    if i add 5+8=13, which means 45% still wouldn't jtag. and they either are scared or doesnt have expertise or does have warranty valid still. so if someone got it? leak it please.
    How would one get that? I have a RMA showing up tomorrow, is the OS on it going to be an RMA OS? Mine wasn't bricked just something had come loose and the display stopped functioning, but if they wiped and reloaded the OS is that what you need? And how would one extract it? Or is this a plea to any RIM employees, for an image that they have, because its not possible to extract it the way I am thinking?
    07-09-13 08:00 PM
    How would one get that? I have a RMA showing up tomorrow, is the OS on it going to be an RMA OS? Mine wasn't bricked just something had come loose and the display stopped functioning, but if they wiped and reloaded the OS is that what you need? And how would one extract it? Or is this a plea to any RIM employees, for an image that they have, because its not possible to extract it the way I am thinking?
    whatttttttttttttttttttt!
    dear pop,
    i have no idea what you are talking about. its strictly related to RIM blackberry. they know all those more than i do.
    and yes email RIM, and i dont have no idea what are you thinking.
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. can you tell me what you been smoking, i think its potent. ;-) i mean real good stuff.... ;-)
    07-09-13 09:00 PM
    There are various RAM images you can upload to the bootrom to do specific tasks.
    What you are looking at are not OSes but debugging RAM images.

There is a collection of such RAM images inside CFP to do tasks like WIPE, LOAD and so forth. There is also some for testing memory.
    All RAM images must be signed by RIM so we only have what we have.

First off, I seriously doubt RIM would release anything that helps us. Secondly, I'm not even sure the repair RAM images would be of any use. Most likely they just enable usb-escreens to a remote device so that they can configure settings while the device is disabled/not booting. This wouldn't help us at all.
    07-09-13 09:29 PM
    no offense... i hv alredy give away for my little nephew..... wkwkwk.... cmon....
    jelly bean, ios 7 is awating .... time to leave the station....
    07-09-13 09:30 PM
    The RMA OS could be their debrick/diagnostic image that runs through a battery of tests for QA and determine whether the unit is salvagable or a write-off. With Thor lopping off more Playbook heads, not sure if there will be anyone left to leak anything anymore.
    07-09-13 09:45 PM
    There are various RAM images you can upload to the bootrom to do specific tasks.
    What you are looking at are not OSes but debugging RAM images.

There is a collection of such RAM images inside CFP to do tasks like WIPE, LOAD and so forth. There is also some for testing memory.
    All RAM images must be signed by RIM so we only have what we have.

First off, I seriously doubt RIM would release anything that helps us. Secondly, I'm not even sure the repair RAM images would be of any use. Most likely they just enable usb-escreens to a remote device so that they can configure settings while the device is disabled/not booting. This wouldn't help us at all.
    agreed with most except one. i repeat if we can read /dev/mem by any means, which also means god mode, if we can access /dev/mem. then we can disable the sign check also using some mechanism which none here knows howto and all of us including me are just blinking. you agree/disagree is your choice. i will not argue for the sake of arguement.
    i wish some god like code came or we think of for /dev/mem access then 99% issues sorted. neither its likely to happen nor will RIM release or leak it. or will be or any use. but still lets hope there is a leak. cfp tool compatible for playbook.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-09-13 09:55 PM
    The RMA OS could be their debrick/diagnostic image that runs through a battery of tests for QA and determine whether the unit is salvagable or a write-off. With Thor lopping off more Playbook heads, not sure if there will be anyone left to leak anything anymore.
    what about the updates, software and security updates which thor promised ... !!! ??? i am sure many heads fell and rolled over. or heads pushed to other dept. but i am sure some still are there. pushing updates or may be just sleeping. since too less number of playbook sold.
    thanks!
    -paul
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ftware-827046/
    07-09-13 09:57 PM
    whatttttttttttttttttttt!
    dear pop,
    i have no idea what you are talking about. its strictly related to RIM blackberry. they know all those more than i do.
    and yes email RIM, and i dont have no idea what are you thinking.
    thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. can you tell me what you been smoking, i think its potent. ;-) i mean real good stuff.... ;-)
    Lol been smoking weed and honey oil. Its awesome living where that's legal to do. Not that I wasn't smoking it for the last seventeen years while it was illegal lol

What I was saying is that my PlayBook was just repaired. I will be getting it back tomorrow. If they wiped it and loaded an OS, would that be the RMA OS or would that be something different? And if so, could it somehow be extracted from the device? Probably a stupid idea, but I'm not a hardware or software guru or anything like that, just someone possibly willing to help if I could.
    07-09-13 11:56 PM
    Lol been smoking weed and honey oil. Its awesome living where that's legal to do. Not that I wasn't smoking it for the last seventeen years while it was illegal lol

What I was saying is that my PlayBook was just repaired. I will be getting it back tomorrow. If they wiped it and loaded an OS, would that be the RMA OS or would that be something different? And if so, could it somehow be extracted from the device? Probably a stupid idea, but I'm not a hardware or software guru or anything like that, just someone possibly willing to help if I could.
    i wish you re-read the original post and understood.
    are you from amsterdam?
    you need not be guru. you just need to spend time to read the post. we were speaking of something else entirely.
    anyway, sometime i behave like this. so no major issues. i too deviate from topic when discussion is boring.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 04:40 AM
    I can get into /dev but every file in there requires higher permissions in order to view/open them I guess.
    07-10-13 04:50 AM
    I can get into /dev but every file in there requires higher permissions in order to view/open them I guess.
    OMAP5432 Processor-based EVM - OMAP5432-EVM - TI Tool Folder my client/employer approved purchase of this. so i think a major problem solved. and in /dev/ its either character or block devices.
    which means soon i will have the device and mshield signing tool. ;-) we can sign our bootrom.
    now questions remains how to turn secure : enabled to secure : disabled or access the /dev/mem, many secrets are hidden there. since we will never get these documents.
    they are asked by then RIM, not blackberry to keep confidential.
    Block Diagram Adobe Acrobat PDF 68438 Block Diagram RF 03/10/2011 Yes No
    Block Diagram Adobe Acrobat PDF 53593 Block Diagram System 03/10/2011 Yes No
    Block Diagram Adobe Acrobat PDF 45477 Block Diagram Antenna 03/10/2011 Yes No
    Operational Description Adobe Acrobat PDF 33511 Operational Description 03/10/2011 Yes No
    Schematics Adobe Acrobat PDF 93850 Schematic RF 03/10/2011 Yes No
    Schematics Adobe Acrobat PDF 623381 Schematic System 03/10/2011 Yes No

since we dont get these, reverse engineering is the only option. the software. and it wont be easy for those who doesnt wish to jtag and neither for me. very time consuming.

can you access /dev/mem like "cat /dev/mem" if no leave it. i will take care of it.

thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 06:27 AM

can you access /dev/mem like "cat /dev/mem" if no leave it. i will take care of it.

thanks!
    -paul
    Nope.
    Says /dev/men does not exists.
    07-10-13 09:18 AM
    Nope.
    Says /dev/men does not exists.
    there is /root/dev/mem its around 3.5 GiB. and i am dead sure there are loads of things hidden inside there. thats why i said. i will do it myself. its the only door for those who cant jtag. i need to gain access.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 09:42 AM
    I can't help with this, but I'm cheering for you guys.

"Never feel sad on losing anything in your life
    Because whenever a tree loses its leaf,
    A new leaf is ready to take its place!"

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:42 AM
    there is /root/dev/mem its around 3.5 GiB. and i am dead sure there are loads of things hidden inside there. thats why i said. i will do it myself. its the only door for those who cant jtag. i need to gain access.
    thanks!
    -paul
    Possibly it is hidden.
    07-10-13 09:46 AM
    Or maybe its there cause a 200mb firmware can't take about 3-4gb on a fresh install. If they don't use a super compression line ubunatu or debain.
    07-10-13 09:51 AM
    I can't help with this, but I'm cheering for you guys.

"Never feel sad on losing anything in your life
    Because whenever a tree loses its leaf,
    A new leaf is ready to take its place!"

Posted via CB10
    thanks for being inspiring. looks like this tree needs to shed more leaves so more new leaves can pop in.
    looks like pmem and mmem and mmap and pmap has lot to offer. reading the documentation.
    thanks mate! here a budweiser for you.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    Or maybe its there cause a 200mb firmware can't take about 3-4gb on a fresh install. If they don't use a super compression line ubunatu or debain.
    no, it stores all the information being used by the OS. google cold boot attack also possible!
    here i go talking to myself!
    i will update the rooting forum when i find a way. as of now let me speak to myself.
    the lonely and only advantage of speaking to yourself, when you know no one else listens to what you say, someone does! ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 09:57 AM
    i wish you re-read the original post and understood.
    are you from amsterdam?
    you need not be guru. you just need to spend time to read the post. we were speaking of something else entirely.
    anyway, sometime i behave like this. so no major issues. i too deviate from topic when discussion is boring.
    thanks!
    -paul
    Lol no not in Amsterdam. Washington, United States. I hit reply to post on your post accidentally, instead of the op's. Didn't realize it til just now. Would make more sense in response to the OPs post, right? My bad. Using my phone while waiting for my PlayBook to get back from going through RMA process, and didn't pay proper attention to who I was responding to. Small screen, blah blah blah. Really just being lazy in my observation.

Keep on with your quest though. I wouldn't put an android system on my PlayBook just because I have issues with data rape, but at least someone is trying to do something with the PlayBook.
    07-10-13 10:11 AM
    Lol no not in Amsterdam. Washington, United States. I hit reply to post on your post accidentally, instead of the op's. Didn't realize it til just now. Would make more sense in response to the OPs post, right? My bad. Using my phone while waiting for my PlayBook to get back from going through RMA process, and didn't pay proper attention to who I was responding to. Small screen, blah blah blah. Really just being lazy in my observation.

Keep on with your quest though. I wouldn't put an android system on my PlayBook just because I have issues with data rape, but at least someone is trying to do something with the PlayBook.
    hehehe
    its okay. i was just kidding. no issues. relax and chill.
    to man is to err and error thats why there is an "or" word. ;-)
    i was also likw wtf is he talking and why would he reply me like that? now i understand. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 10:19 AM