Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AntL85
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone Successfully Downgraded From Beta (2.0.0.4869)?

Anyone Successfully Downgraded From Beta (2.0.0.4869) for the Playbook?
    Jeff
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    PIN
    33163F2B

I did it a couple of times already, there is a how to guide released by RIM. I'm sure it is around here some where.
    PIN: 33560E92

8700g,8300,8100,8320,8900,9700,9650,9930,Playbook, Q10.
    CrackBerry User

ya, just followed the instructions on the website using desktop manager. downgraded mine to 1.0.8 so I can resell it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

Yes. I started with a security wipe, turned it off, plugged it into DM. When it offerred to upgrade, i said yes and then waited until 1.0.8 was downloaded and installed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    22C8888C

The biggest thing is having to wait 24 hours before you can do it.
    CrackBerry User

Yes, no issues at all doing the downgrade via BDM as the previous poster said though you have to wait 24 hours.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was able to downgrade mine like this. First run desktop manager, make sure your tablet is connected to your computer. Now turn off your tablet (still connected to your computer and desktop manager is still running). After you have completely turn off the tablet, hold the power button until its shows red light, on your computer, you will see the option to retry, update , close. Click update and it will downgrade your tablet to the current version 1.0.8.xxxx.
    NOTE: You won't be able to restore anything you have previously backed up on your desktop manager due to compatibility issue.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    PIN
    25E74133

just did it today. had to do it a couple times to make the work of though.

Sent using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Just did it today, no problem in downgrading. Followed the instructions from RIM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me

i did it as well smooth sailing all the way. i did very much like the OS2 beta but i find the tablet, especially the browser and bridge, to be more stable and smooth to use with OS1.

if your real concerned. do the backup, then security wipe, then follow the rim instructions.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-06-2011 at 12:27 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

Did it over he weekend as well. Pretty smooth and rather painless in that there were no points where i was left wondering "what's going on? did i break it".

Does take a little while but i didn't expect it to be fast anyways.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where to find instructions on how to downgrade please? i cant waste any more time searching from work on cb and bb sites.

thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok something wierd happened to my Playbook I updated to. 2.0 beta yesterday but now want to downgrade today and my playbook froze so I hard reset it and it somehow went back to 1.08 is this a glitch becuz it still has the DOcstogo icon but I also have the apps seperated on my homescreen can someone tell me what's up with my playbooK
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FE7108

MY FREAKING PLAYBOOK WONT DOWNGRADE, already tried off then connect but when i hit up date says no new updates.... and then pop ups again and i click update and then SAME THING GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN....

also tried security wipe then doing all that.... same results

also tried having pb connected then turn off then press power button and when LED goes red and i get the pop up to retry, update or close i hit update but then again.... SAME RESULTS

Im sick and tired of os 2.0 any help ? would be highly appreciated....
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FE7108

MY FREAKING PLAYBOOK WONT DOWNGRADE, already tried off then connect but when i hit up date says no new updates.... and then pop ups again and i click update and then SAME THING GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN....

also tried having pb connected then turn off then press power button and when LED goes red and i get the pop up to retry, update or close i hit update but then again.... SAME RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by aris20 View Post

Turn it off THEN plug it to Desktop Software...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Be sure to follow instructions carefully, it will become an easy process.

Quote Originally Posted by aris20 View Post

If you did not have a preloaded 2.0 beta PB, then you will have to wait 24 hours after downgrade before you can set up 1.8 cause it will automatically setup 2.0 beta. I have a preloaded 2.0 PB so I am not restricted but this, and I have downgraded to 1.8 a couple times trying different things and to play Dead Space(now updated for 2.0). Good luck and hang in there, but 2.0 beta is not that bad.
    flash24 likes this.