After reading comments about flaws and possible problems with the newest update, is anyone else holding out from the update? I don't want to have to debrick or do any other maintenance and so I am not updating. I'm lazy, I guess... Just don't feel like devoting time to fix issues when my PB works so well - for what I do now - as is. My laptop is tucked away and I use this little puppy for everything from modifying my website thru GoDaddy to adjusting my appointments on Supersaas... Really don't want to dig out the laptop if I don't have to...

Anyone else a woosie like me or have you all gone ahead and updated?
    10-29-12 12:57 PM
    Im refraining .. Still on 2.0.1.358
    I love the PB browser and it seems like the browser in 2.1 is extremely buggy.

Is there any way to hide the Update Notification from the homescreen ?
    10-29-12 02:46 PM
    i don't find any difference with the update.
    10-29-12 03:09 PM
    What sort of apps do you run, Shadow10z? Which browser? Do you have multiple email accounts - and if so, is one of them gmail? Do you run Overdrive? Did you have to do anything at all special? Which games do you use most often? If I feel there would be no problem, I'd go for it...
    eugene1979 likes this.
    10-29-12 03:33 PM
    No problems with the current OS update. I've done all of the official OS 2.x updates over the air. I've also loaded every developer beta (except BB10) and then updated to the official OS version without a hitch. The only time I did encouter a problem and had to debrick was last year when the leaked Android player appeared. I had to downgrade to get rid of the player before I could move on to whatever OS 1.x version was the official update at that time.
    10-29-12 03:57 PM
    Upgrade went smoothly and still no problems. Yes I have multiple email accounts and yes one is Gmail.
    10-29-12 04:23 PM
    Update works perfectly for me. No issues. If you use a lot of android apps, they do run a bit smoother now. Text messaging with bridge was a welcome addition.
    10-29-12 04:32 PM
    Why would you not update? Why do you think you should be spared of the bugs and flaws the rest of us are dealing with?
    You need to update OP and maybe your camera will stop working like mine did.
    JOIN US OP...JOIN US.
    Qaxl and Toodeurep like this.
    10-29-12 04:36 PM
    Why would you not update? Why do you think you should be spared of the bugs and flaws the rest of us are dealing with?
    You need to update OP and maybe your camera will stop working like mine did.
    JOIN US OP...JOIN US.
    I don't much like kool-aid... .. the jury is still out with my upgrade dilemma.
    10-29-12 05:33 PM
    What sort of apps do you run, Shadow10z? Which browser? Do you have multiple email accounts - and if so, is one of them gmail? Do you run Overdrive? Did you have to do anything at all special? Which games do you use most often? If I feel there would be no problem, I'd go for it...
    I don't sideload
    Browser is the default one
    2 email accounts gmail and hotmail, and a facebook account
    don't run overdrive
    Games are very few, angry birds, 250+ solitar, air attack, hangman, jewels, lets golf 2 , minesweeper, pool break lite, tetris, tunnel tilt.
    32gb playbook 25gb free space.
    665.5 mb free memory after running "memory eater"
    10-29-12 06:14 PM
    Yeah, I'm holding out too. I just don't have the time right now to deal with any issues if something came up (besides, my current setup is working just fine). Ain't broke, don't fix it...
    FF22 likes this.
    10-29-12 08:05 PM
    The "spare" 32gig was updated with no real issues.

The working 64gig is still holding off - it refuses to show me the UPDATE Screen! Just kidding - I am holding off for I don't know what but it has all of my paid apps, my many sideloaded apps and tons of media.
    10-30-12 10:41 AM
    I updated and all is well. I do always think twice before doing it tho. There's always that fear that an update will bork my pb and it's sad to have to feel that way. Guess there are so many variables involved in what's on your Playbook and how you use it that we get a wide variety of results. If you're not comfortable with it and your pb is running fine right now, don't do it. I won't tell anyone...
    modine likes this.
    10-30-12 11:03 AM
    same with me, just update this morning
    10-30-12 12:40 PM
    Updated two PlayBooks that get heavy use to .1088 and have had no problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 10:33 PM
    I should have refrained. My browser has become super buggy. the keyboard super laggy. I mean, it's made one of my favorite parts and highly used portion of my device useless or at the very least super frustrating to use.
    10-31-12 11:06 PM
    i would upgrade, if someone told me how i could downgrade to my current version in case of problems.

2.0.1.358 >> 2.1.0.1088 - Just press Update with wifi and a full battery
    2.1.0.1088 >> 2.0.1.358 - No Clue Whatsoever
    11-04-12 03:03 AM
    Well I bit the bullet and downloaded it. No problems to report - so this was (on my part) sheer paranoia *whew*
    BerryClever likes this.
    11-05-12 05:50 PM
    Well I bit the bullet and downloaded it. No problems to report - so this was (on my part) sheer paranoia *whew*
    So you went from 1 to 2.1? Wow - that took guts. Congrats.
    11-05-12 05:59 PM
    If one were to avoid any updates where some people had problems, that person would be avoiding every update on every platform.
    11-05-12 06:07 PM
    After reading comments about flaws and possible problems with the newest update, is anyone else holding out from the update? I don't want to have to debrick or do any other maintenance and so I am not updating. I'm lazy, I guess... Just don't feel like devoting time to fix issues when my PB works so well - for what I do now - as is. My laptop is tucked away and I use this little puppy for everything from modifying my website thru GoDaddy to adjusting my appointments on Supersaas... Really don't want to dig out the laptop if I don't have to...

Anyone else a woosie like me or have you all gone ahead and updated?
    I have zero problems with 2.1. I have about 5 email accounts (including 1 Gmail) and use the native browser, and have maybe 2 simple games on the PB. Everything runs just as well as before, but I get the portrait mode for Contacts/Calendar/Messages now (and I wanted that). I was on the beta without a problem too. Never had anything deleted that shouldn't have (ie contacts and calendar were fine after the update), and only debricked once because I removed all the icons from the dock (don't do that with any OS version!!). Oh, and I have 1 sideloaded app, and no other Android app (though I have had a few installed from AppWorld and side-loaded a few before deleting them all).

For me, zero issues, zero glitches, zero "buggy-ness".

If one were to avoid any updates where some people had problems, that person would be avoiding every update on every platform.
    Maybe you are right. I think I will take a risk and update to Windows 95! Wish me luck.
    11-05-12 06:58 PM
    Don't mind the upgrade at all. Had the beta and went on up to .1088. The unit will be one year old next month and have not done a secure wipe as of yet.(knock on wood)

Don't see a lot of difference between the beta and the .1088. I use it everyday for just about everything.
    11-05-12 09:59 PM
    the update was buggy when i first updated ( weird keyboard crap, browser crashes) but after 4-5 reboots all is good. Since getting everything settled in, very good update. my camera went out with 2.0 but i believe it was a hardware issue and rim replaced my unit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 10:28 PM
    I updated it and now wished I hadn't. The keyboard is very laggy and too slow to respond. I would love to roll back to original 2.1 software. I've done a factory reset to the firmware before 2.1.0.1088 and it's now forcing me to install the update or setup won't be completed.
    Last edited by phil8715; 11-06-12 at 07:19 AM.
    11-06-12 06:17 AM
    I'm currently refraining on one of my PlayBooks so that I can do non-regression testing, verifying that what used to work still works, with bug reports I've read here.
    11-06-12 12:47 PM
36 12