Is there a way to see, CPU / RAM usage n so forth? Also a way to monitor network bandwidth?
    Also any way to see CPU usage per app/task?
    I would really like that functionality on the playbook =/
    04-21-12 02:22 PM
    Is there a way to see, CPU / RAM usage n so forth? Also a way to monitor network bandwidth?

Also any way to see CPU usage per app/task?

I would really like that functionality on the playbook =/

Nope, no APP like that yet. You can go to Settings->About->Hardware
    Then youll see Memory usage (about 400MB is the avarage)

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-21-12 04:51 PM
    The APIs which would let developers write apps to do this are not exposed to us on the PlayBook. For now, whatever crude version of that you might get out of an Android app would probably be the best. There's really nothing any native/AIR/WebWorks app can do beyond reporting a basic "memory free" value and that's what you already see in the System Settings under About -> Hardware.

Maybe later... when BB10 shows up or some time after. We'll continuing pestering RIM about providing such APIs as there are many useful utilities that could be written around them.
    04-21-12 05:05 PM
    Well that sucks, I guess the only way to see it is if you root it and run top or something huh...? psh...
    Wish I could see the frequency of cpu too...I mean its dynamic clocking n so forth ..
    Oh, is there any sort of task manager for playbook? Where I can force close certain apps? Cuz I notice sometimes android runtime apps hang and all I can do is reboot the playbook =(
    04-21-12 06:27 PM
    Connect to it with the Native SDK and you can see the memory usage of each process and how much processor time each process consumes.
    04-21-12 08:36 PM
    Oh, is there any sort of task manager for playbook? Where I can force close certain apps? Cuz I notice sometimes android runtime apps hang and all I can do is reboot the playbook =(
    If you close the android app and run several resource intensive apps like the Gameloft games the android environment will be closed to make room without having to reboot.
    04-21-12 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD