- CrackBerry Abuser
- 267 Posts
Any Hybrid OS for Playbook ?
I know there are Hybrid OSs available for BBOS devices, but are there any for the Playbook ?
I'm on 22.214.171.1248 and there are no bugs, but I've read alot about the bugs in 126.96.36.1998 so I never wanted to upgrade.
That said however it would be nice to have the SMS Bridge and Android Player of PBOS 2.1 while keeping everything else the same as PBOS 2.0.
Or have a PBOS 2.1 with the browser from 2.0 ??
Has this been done before ? is it even possible ?
- 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM #2
In theory you can extract the .bar files from the 2.1 and try to sideload them to your 2.0 ... However there is no guarantee that it will work..
I would suggest create a back up first before experimenting cos then you are only a "factory reset -> restore" away from back to normalcy..
- CrackBerry Master
11-30-2012, 09:32 AM #3
- 1,266 Posts
Some of the 2.1 BARs require updated libraries etc.; with root, it is possible to get those libraries working on lower OS versions, but without it, I don't think there is a way. So some BARs will work, some won't. You could always download 188.8.131.522 from somewhere and install it with Dingleberry (no root required), I haven't heard much in the way of bugs for .1032.UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
- By pbflash in forum Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 6Last Post: 07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
- By hiximxdaher in forum Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2009, 04:14 AM
- By bkir72 in forum Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
- By ST79 in forum Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 11Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
- By ST79 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 11Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:54 AM