Will it be possible to get android apps on the playbook with the current OS new ones are shipping with? I have done minimal research but what I have seen is there was an android app player but that got discontinued. So instead of looking around I thought what better place to ask then here?

...this part doesn't really matter but I am in Canada and Wal-Mart & Staples are dropping the price on the 18th to $200, bestbuy and futureshop will still have it at $500 making the playbook price-matchable and purchasable through them at $170, so at this price I will be getting it.
    11-13-11 09:03 PM
    the only way to play android apps is to install the OS 2 beta onto the PB right now. The android player is not compatible in OS 1.7
    NickBMX likes this.
    11-13-11 09:08 PM
    the only way to play android apps is to install the OS 2 beta onto the PB right now. The android player is not compatible in OS 1.7
    So it is possible though, thanks.
    11-13-11 09:16 PM
    The older 1.0.7 was able to play the leaked android beta player. Seeing as how the OS2.0 player is also Beta anyway, it might be your other option.
    11-14-11 12:48 AM
    Make sure to follow the guides available on the Playbook Apps section of the forum! Very very informative!!!
    11-14-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD