In /misc/ I have a folder labeled Android. Is this related to only sideloaded and installed Android apps or is it a standard folder in OS2?

If not required by OS2, I want to delete it or at least a number of folders in it.
    05-29-14 01:37 PM
    Leave them alone. They are pointers like MS did with jump list? Anyway they are there but anything in them really doesn't take up space.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-29-14 01:50 PM
    Leave them alone. They are pointers like MS did with jump list? Anyway they are there but anything in them really doesn't take up space.
    Are you trying to flush the PB of all Android traces? Since the Android emulator is present with or without apps, it's probably not advisable to go in and delete files. You run the risk of inadvertently deleting a crucial file. (Flashback to my Win95 days and desire to delete "unnecessary" DLL files.)

As a refresh, why not perform a security wipe and/or fresh reinstallation of the PB OS? From there, if you don't sideload any Android apps, your PB will function as best it can.
    05-29-14 01:59 PM
    The android folder is where all your sideloaded android apps (and some android ports on BlackBerry World) save their settings and cache files on the PlayBook and on BB10.

All the other folders in there, such as download, music, pictures etc. are just links to your actual folders so Android apps can have access if you need them to.

They don't take up any additional space and as far as I know cannot even be deleted. The only folders that are safe to delete are eponymous folders that are left by android apps that you no longer need or have installed.
    05-29-14 02:01 PM
    Thanks guys. Guess I will leave them alone. I am used to UNIX/Xenix so understand.
    05-29-14 02:26 PM
    Are you trying to flush the PB of all Android traces? Since the Android emulator is present with or without apps, it's probably not advisable to go in and delete files. You run the risk of inadvertently deleting a crucial file. (Flashback to my Win95 days and desire to delete "unnecessary" DLL files.)

As a refresh, why not perform a security wipe and/or fresh reinstallation of the PB OS? From there, if you don't sideload any Android apps, your PB will function as best it can.
    I'm not trying to do anything but try to answer the OP's question.
    05-29-14 02:49 PM
    I'm not trying to do anything but try to answer the OP's question.
    Sorry, meant to reply to the OP.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-30-14 05:48 AM
    Sorry, meant to reply to the OP.
    Figured that but just in case lol
    05-30-14 06:43 AM
    Actually two of the more useful apps in the BB world for the playbook are the Android ports Ghost Commander, which is a very nice file manager particularly useful for handling Android apps and files, and Advanced App Manager , which let's you see which apps are running in the background. Many other apps in BB world for the Paybook are Android which have been approved by BB. You may also want to use an Android browser from the app world such as Boat, Dolphin or Maxthon.
    06-04-14 10:59 PM
    Thanks for Advance App Manager. Downloaded it and discovered only 3 Android apps including File Commander and AAM so, all is good.
    07-09-14 10:24 PM