Is this possible? Just finished installing Netflix on my q5, just not sure how hard it would be for BlackBerry to update android on playbook.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:58 PM
    Is this possible? Just finished installing Netflix on my q5, just not sure how hard it would be for BlackBerry to update android on playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Really do you have to ask this question?

There is no netflix support for the Playbook, and there will never better. If you must have Netflix on a tablet go buy an Android or iPad device, or better yet a surface device.
    11-14-13 02:29 PM
    The more accurate answer is that the PB has no framework to support anything beyond Android Runtime 2.3.3. Any native-style apps like Netflix require Android 4.2 and above.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    11-14-13 02:57 PM
    Really do you have to ask this question?

There is no netflix support for the Playbook, and there will never better. If you must have Netflix on a tablet go buy an Android or iPad device, or better yet a surface device.
    Yes, I had to ask, I didn't know the answer.

As someone who owns a Surface, an ipad mini, and a Touchpad (with android) I have a lot of options. I still lug my playbooks around (I have three) because the size is great!

I have found the only app I miss is Netflix. It seemed reasonable to a none techy that if bb10 android player got upgraded that the playbooks might be possible as well.

have a good day.
    needforbbx and jevinzac like this.
    11-15-13 04:13 PM
    The more accurate answer is that the PB has no framework to support anything beyond Android Runtime 2.3.3. Any native-style apps like Netflix require Android 4.2 and above.
    Actually that is not exactly true. I have had Netflix running on my BB10 devices since well before Android 4.2 was added. In fact I had Netflix running on my Alpha Dev A before we even had the full BB10. I think Netflix requires API's from anything Android 2.3.x and above. Unfortunately the debug method doesn't seem to work on the Playbook, that and I think the Playbook only has Android 2.2.x (Not 100% sure on that so don't beat me up over it lol!)

All that being said, Netflix is making a big push to HTML5, which could eventually mean some sort of access for the Playbook. Just don't hold your breath over it.
    11-15-13 04:51 PM
    I have been watching movies from amazon prime on my Playbook. I may leave Netflix n go with prime when my free trial on Amazon prime runs out

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:28 AM