I did, that's why I said that
    Awesome

btw.. check your 2.0 PB, does the Music Player have an Icon called "PlayBook List"?

I stream my music, never played it off the PB.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 05-31-12 at 09:09 PM.
    05-31-12 09:03 PM
    Awesome

btw.. check your 2.0 PB, does the Music Player have an Icon called "PlayBook List"?

Yep, on both os's. That's been there since the beginning I believe.
    05-31-12 09:09 PM
    Awesome

Yes mine does.

EDIT: You guys are too fast. Haven't got my download notification yet.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 05-31-12 at 09:13 PM.
    05-31-12 09:11 PM
    Ok, i might be going crazy.
    My PB was bridged to my 9700... I hit restart on the PB, and both my phone and PB restarted!! Anyone else? I dont remember this ever happening on 2.0
    05-31-12 09:13 PM
    Funny, for all the people bit€hing about getting this, no one is saying anything about it

Random end user isn't going to notice a difference imo. I guess the multiple android apps thing, but I only have a few loaded so not a big deal for me.

Big edit! Hitting the caps lock then delete works the same as the phones now! Worth the download for me!
    Last edited by h20work; 05-31-12 at 09:20 PM.
    05-31-12 09:15 PM
    Ok, i might be going crazy.
    My PB was bridged to my 9700... I hit restart on the PB, and both my phone and PB restarted!! Anyone else? I dont remember this ever happening on 2.0
    Nah, I was bridged when I did my startup test. I was using my Torch to time them. Sounds like a random crash.
    05-31-12 09:17 PM
    Seems gps locks faster. All other speeds seem the same. When i run maverick or whats up the compass setting is wrong. Won't calibrate to the correct direction. Also confirm sideload works fine but shazam no longer works.
    05-31-12 09:23 PM
    Just one thing to remember all
    [INFO]Keep in mind, it is intended for BlackBerry developers and not really intended for end-users. If you can't handle dealing with some possible bugginess or are not a developer then you may wish to avoid even looking at loading this. Note: After installing BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 you will not be able to backup and restore data back to 2.0.x. Apps downloaded or purchased from App World while using BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 may no longer work on other versions of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS. Not all apps which work on OS 2.0.x will work on BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1. [/INFO]
    05-31-12 09:24 PM
    sideloading is possible
    05-31-12 09:28 PM
    Yes mine does.

EDIT: You guys are too fast. Haven't got my download notification yet.
    Try to re-register your device again. I know they had some PIN number issues earlier when this was released.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-31-12 09:29 PM
    Opened an excel attachment and it didn't ask to "save and open" first.

Also, my 'local' contacts got wiped, anyone else?
    05-31-12 09:34 PM
    Boot is definitly faster.
    Just timed my boot up from complete shut down.. 2:44
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 05-31-12 at 09:43 PM.
    05-31-12 09:38 PM
    i thought they said sideloading was removed in 2.1 hmm in that case anyone try any android apps that didnt work in the past but work now?
    05-31-12 09:41 PM
    i thought they said sideloading was removed in 2.1 hmm in that case anyone try any android apps that didnt work in the past but work now?
    I think it was more of "Encrypting" the apps/games that you download from appworld and they'll be tied to the BB ID that downloaded them. That way, if someone else tried to side load them on their PB, it doesnt work.

I believe they're leaving side loading open as developers need to side load their apps to test, etc..
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 05-31-12 at 09:49 PM.
    05-31-12 09:45 PM
    Here's mine so far
    -loading web page a bit faster, checker appears smaller?
    -Double tap to zoom in browser not working properly
    -When scrolling web page it's not smooth as before, it's like juggling movement
    -I can pin and zoom video during playing (never try on 2.0 tho)
    -all my apps working but didn't thoroughly test them tho
    05-31-12 09:49 PM
    All of my apps stayed, don't have any side loaded though. I chose not to do a backup since I don't have anything on my 16gb that I care about loosing.
    Yes, your right
    05-31-12 09:53 PM
    Here's mine so far
    -loading web page a bit faster, checker appears smaller?
    -Double tap to zoom in browser not working properly
    -When scrolling web page it's not smooth as before, it's like juggling movement
    -I can pin and zoom video during playing (never try on 2.0 tho)
    -all my apps working but didn't thoroughly test them tho
    Pinch to zoom in videos did work before.
    05-31-12 09:56 PM
    Has anyone experienced this:
    "A little UPDATE: Flash video in the browser works only if Settings-->Content-->Enable Flash is set to OFF. Even then, double-tap (or "Full Screen" button doesn't work. Which sucks, as plain two-finger zooming doesn't give you the quality of 1080p/720p. When watching in vimeo.com/hd collection (presumably HTML5/WebM format) HD playback became quite smooth now.

My take on this is Adobe Flash Player update for BB Playbook OS 2.1 is screwed. What is used to play is older Flash Player 10.1 which is also screwed. Screwed is also a "special" YouTube app, for which enabling/disabling Flash in the browser apparently doesn't offer the luxury of fallback to the player that worked prior to OS 2.1.0.560.

Beta, what else... "

part of my post in fineoils.blogspot.com
    05-31-12 09:57 PM
    "A little UPDATE: Flash video in the browser works only if Settings-->Content-->Enable Flash is set to OFF. Even then, double-tap (or "Full Screen" button doesn't work. Which sucks, as plain two-finger zooming doesn't give you the quality of 1080p/720p.

No. Double tap works, full screen button works, flash works when set to "enable".
    05-31-12 10:05 PM
    "A little UPDATE: Flash video in the browser works only if Settings-->Content-->Enable Flash is set to OFF. Even then, double-tap (or "Full Screen" button doesn't work. Which sucks, as plain two-finger zooming doesn't give you the quality of 1080p/720p. When watching in vimeo.com/hd collection (presumably HTML5/WebM format) HD playback became quite smooth now.

My take on this is Adobe Flash Player update for BB Playbook OS 2.1 is screwed. What is used to play is older Flash Player 10.1 which is also screwed. Screwed is also a "special" YouTube app, for which enabling/disabling Flash in the browser apparently doesn't offer the luxury of fallback to the player that worked prior to OS 2.1.0.560.

Beta, what else... "

If things like that happens, then try --- clear browser cache, disable flash, reboot playbook and then re-enable flash.
    Last edited by samab; 05-31-12 at 10:09 PM.
    05-31-12 10:06 PM
    The browser in portrait mode seems to truncate pages into the width of the screen itself. Some pages squeeze everything into the available width, others block what's available outside the boundries, and you can't zoom out. it doesn't happen on every page.

I've also noticed that you can't back out of android apps like before. there is no recently run android app splash screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    05-31-12 10:48 PM
    it didn't help, samab. While anybody may have other suggestions observing similar state I've got with the Flash, I will be trying security wipe and total re-install.

Flash "sorta" works, sure, pacoman03. But only if there's no HD/HQ (720p/480p) stream options in the clip.

Please post your observation with HD Flash playback on .560.
    05-31-12 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the insights so far everyone!!

Anyone test out different audio/video codecs to see if anything new is supported?
    05-31-12 10:56 PM
    1- video player app still doesn't remember last position,

2- didn't find a 'mark all as read' button in email app as some people suggested

3- No content search function in the browser
    Last edited by iririr; 05-31-12 at 10:59 PM.
    05-31-12 10:57 PM
    The browser in portrait mode seems to truncate pages into the width of the screen itself. Some pages squeeze everything into the available width, others block what's available outside the boundries, and you can't zoom out. it doesn't happen on every page.

I've also noticed that you can't back out of android apps like before. there is no recently run android app splash screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    I think that's the advantage of the new Android runtime. Each app runs separately. I think it's a much better experience.

Here's something weird,what I'm typing right now doesn't appear in the message box until I tap in the message box. It's not even a matter of lag. It simply doeoshiw up until I tap the box.

Yeah,I see that typo, but I can't get to it.....
    05-31-12 10:58 PM
368 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD