Please confirm: No applications are lost, including any that are sideloaded, with the installation of 2.1.0 Beta for Developers.

Correct?

I realize, since it is a Beta, that users are "installing at their own risk". However, if it wipes sideloads out of the gate, that would be a deterrent to me.
    05-31-12 07:59 PM
    again, any news on vpn support for Cisco AnyConnect

thanks.
    Cisco is making an app (webex and anyconnect) for BB10, it was announced at BB World, I doubt RIM can do much about it.
    Dim-Ize and evozero like this.
    05-31-12 08:03 PM
    - Browser is faster. After I let the pages load, I get no checkered board.
    - OS overall seems a tad bit snappier
    - can someone confirm if camera finger zoom worked on the last os? Cause its not working in this beta

Will report more upon finding more
    darktoy likes this.
    05-31-12 08:05 PM
    Calendar is buggy, tried setting a recurring appointment that went from friday 3pm through monday am and repeated every two weeks and it changed from a 4 day appt. To an hour. Even if i put the 4 day appt. In first then went back and edited it wouldnt set it properly, seems adding the recurring part screws it up. ....

As im typing now its struggling to keep up too..only the browser open..pauses as im typing then catches up.... Weird.
    05-31-12 08:12 PM
    Email setup now has mobile fusion email setup. Don't recall that being there before.
    willie44 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-31-12 08:12 PM
    - Browser is faster. After I let the pages load, I get no checkered board.
    - OS overall seems a tad bit snappier
    - can someone confirm if camera finger zoom worked on the last os? Cause its not working in this beta

Will report more upon finding more
    Odd, I just tried a browser comparison with my two pbs, one on the beta and one on 2.0.1, the old os loaded the pages faster on each site I tried. Still mucho checkerboarding for me as well. Try thechive.com, let the pages fully loaded and then scroll.

Not sure what you mean about the finger zoom, 2.0.1 had a scroll bar for the zoom. Let me know and I can try it out, I have both right next to each other.
    05-31-12 08:13 PM
    Please confirm: No applications are lost, including any that are sideloaded, with the installation of 2.1.0 Beta for Developers.

Correct?

I realize, since it is a Beta, that users are "installing at their own risk". However, if it wipes sideloads out of the gate, that would be a deterrent to me.
    All of my apps stayed, don't have any side loaded though. I chose not to do a backup since I don't have anything on my 16gb that I care about loosing.
    kbz1960 and Dim-Ize like this.
    05-31-12 08:17 PM
    Agree the whole OS seems snappier.
    05-31-12 08:17 PM
    Great little war game still works
    darktoy and Barljo like this.
    05-31-12 08:18 PM
    Just noticed that with only the browser open on both os versions with the same page loaded that 2.1 has 466mb free memory compared to 350mb on 2.0.1.... Not the most scientific experiment but still interesting.

Edit: 606mb compared to 512mb with no open apps.
    Last edited by h20work; 05-31-12 at 08:26 PM.
    05-31-12 08:23 PM
    Odd, I just tried a browser comparison with my two pbs, one on the beta and one on 2.0.1, the old os loaded the pages faster on each site I tried. Still mucho checkerboarding for me as well. Try thechive.com, let the pages fully loaded and then scroll.
    that page showed some checkerboards.. probably because of the amount of the media on it.

But even then, the "refresh" of the checkerboards to me seemed faster to go away than 2.0. Maybe its just my Brain.

Not sure what you mean about the finger zoom, 2.0.1 had a scroll bar for the zoom. Let me know and I can try it out, I have both right next to each other.
    I may be confusing this with my Torch, but if you open the Pic Cam on the PB, i know it shows the zoom bar, but can you use your finger instead to zoom in/out by sliding it on the screen?

Thanks
    05-31-12 08:25 PM
    You never could use pinch zoom. It was never a function on the PB. It was always zoom bar.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    05-31-12 08:27 PM
    IMAP still doesnt have Full folder support. Just tested it again and it only shows Inbox, sent, trash. Pretty much main basic stuff. No sub folders.
    05-31-12 08:28 PM
    You never could use pinch zoom. It was never a function on the PB. It was always zoom bar.
    Thanks. I must've been confusing it with my Torch 9800.

Cheers
    05-31-12 08:29 PM
    that page showed some checkerboards.. probably because of the amount of the media on it.

But even then, the "refresh" of the checkerboards to me seemed faster to go away than 2.0. Maybe its just my Brain.

I may be confusing this with my Torch, but if you open the Pic Cam on the PB, i know it shows the zoom bar, but can you use your finger instead to zoom in/out by sliding it on the screen?

Thanks
    The torch camera has this, not the pb.

Side note, can't find any evidence of the bridge sms
    05-31-12 08:31 PM
    Boot to keyboard from off 2 minutes 32 seconds.
    05-31-12 08:40 PM
    Messages app has a search for folder box, and navigating folders has a picture of a file folder with a refresh icon which loaded the messages in the folder, messages appearing in folders is improved. There are also some nice improvements to the icons in messages app. Spell checker identifies two words stuck together and shows suggestion of the two words so one click fixes this, a nice touch. PS I have messages synced to a Gmail account.
    05-31-12 08:40 PM
    Speed test closer to my lappy speed now. Was slower before.
    05-31-12 08:44 PM
    Messages app has a "mark as unopened" icon now.
    05-31-12 08:49 PM
    I, and others, were having problems with PB remembering saved wifi networks. This seems to be fixed (I hope). Boot time is better, though still way too long.
    05-31-12 08:53 PM
    Faster in booting up I think.
    05-31-12 08:53 PM
    Boot is definitly faster.
    05-31-12 08:55 PM
    Messages app has a "mark as unopened" icon now.
    I am almost certain that was there before. Maybe check on your 2.0 PB and 2.1 PB
    05-31-12 08:58 PM
    Speed test closer to my lappy speed now. Was slower before.
    I just ran speed test on both, 2.0.1 won slightly 3 times in a row on both up and down speeds. Just barely but still...

I'm going to do a reboot time comparison and time them with my 9850

Edit: 3:09.09 on 2.1
    3:28.76 on 2.0.1

Granted I have a lot more stuff on my 64gb, so that might handicap the results a little.
    Last edited by h20work; 05-31-12 at 09:07 PM.
    Vorkosigan, darktoy and Akuji_ism like this.
    05-31-12 08:59 PM
    I am almost certain that was there before. Maybe check on your 2.0 PB and 2.1 PB
    I did, that's why I said that
    05-31-12 09:00 PM
368 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD