Oh, I think my updates Were 404 MB plus 27 MB for local updates
    02-21-12 10:34 PM
    can anyone upload update file to mediafire?
    02-21-12 11:01 PM
    after 3hrs the forced reload worked!!!!!! thank you nine3shoof for finding the solution.
    02-21-12 11:17 PM
    Thank goodness. I was beginning to think I had given you disastrous advice
    02-21-12 11:44 PM
    I'll suggest the debrick method. Warning : all personal data will/may be lost

1. Shut off the PB (hold th power key for at least 15 seconds until full dark screen)
    2. Start your Desktop Manager on your Desktop
    3. plug your PB on USB (the one provided, exclude any other)
    4. DM should say "cannot connect to the device" and offer a button "repair/update" : hit it
    5. follow instruction BUT do NOT remove the USB cable until the PB has rebooted full. (personal touch here)

Should do the trick.
    Hope it helps.
    (OMG it's th third copy/paste this morning)
    02-22-12 07:02 AM
    Has anyone else been able to remedy this issue without the BM? I was on vacation this week and decided to pick up a Verizon Mifi just to do some work and download the software update. The performance of the Mifi was disappointing, so i thought that was the issue and searched out a local hotspot. This was when I became convinced that it was a RIM/Playbook issue as each download gets to 99% then I receive the interruption message which has continued now that I'm back at home. I'm probably about 12-14 attempts at this point, so unless anyone has better insight, I'll be forced to attempt the BM.

Thanks in advance
    02-26-12 11:58 AM
    Nothing was able to rescue my device. Even had some RIM engineering buddies attempt to flash a downgraded OS version...still no dice.

I fought tooth-and-nail in order to get the RMA process started. Just received my RMA number and notice that my new one is in the mail.
    02-27-12 06:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD