I notice nothing better or worse. Mine was on standby since 11 this morning untl about 10 minutes ago with wifi on and nothing open, 1 email account in native email. An outlook.com acct. My battery is at 96%
    02-17-13 08:48 PM
    Since the update my PB has stopped holding a charge. I thought it was my dock at first but it's just as bad using my USB charger, different but just as bad. I've done everything while I've had some sort of charge; security wipe, 3 fingered reboot, etc, etc. This all started immediately after the update.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    02-18-13 07:03 AM
    I have two playbooks; updated one so far (32g) and it seems fine, if not a little faster. Some of the Ported Android apps are definitely snappier. Will update the 64g later this week.
    02-18-13 07:03 AM
    Yeah, iOS updates are fairly painless... except when they're not...

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1120&bih=609
    Sure, but as I said, they ain't perfect....point I was trying to make was that Apple (rightly or wrongly) don't advise customers to do a full device wipe before an OS upgrade. I assume you'd agree one of the major issues BB has to overcome is a perception of complexity in its devices if the mass market are to embrace them again. Mention sideloading, security wipes or somesuch to the average punter who they're clearly trying to attract nowadays and they'd likely run a mile....

My theory for this market segment focus being the omission of Outlook USB sync, full Bridge functionality, BES support at launch for all OSes 5, 6, 7 & 10 - deliberate delayed, albeit at the risk of upsetting the faithful/corporates who Thor had previously publicly stated were his core focus...go figure!

Please don't get me wrong ScionicMan, I'm rooting for them, but the marketing message and subsequent actions/implementations/focus seem a little inconsistent, that's all....
    02-18-13 07:11 AM
    All i can say is that i did a debrick on mine after wiping and my battery life seems to have improved.
    02-18-13 07:12 AM
    I got to tell you, im not impressed
    I'm not impressed with your thread title. A little overboard I would say.
    Eli Bret and rotorwrench like this.
    02-18-13 07:14 AM
    sorry if I sound arrogant (I am NOT!)
    but bb is not for people who want everything done by itself. I strongly agree with all the problems mentioned above but we have to give credit to the security aspects involved. Ios seems to me free to air and easy to intercept. I adore bb encryption and compression and that is is why I do not buy a z10. But in order to have those, a certain portion of complexity is required. Complexity = not an easy life for us. But still I am not changing to I-craps yet.
    Who knows? maybe in the future.
    sorry if some people find offending my tone. English is not my native language.

By the way as I have already mentioned, my PB after the upgrade is rocking....
    thumbs up for rim guys
    02-18-13 07:20 AM
    first we buy the 16 playbook then and a 64, we get the upgrades then we have to reset, hard reset, backup and do a security wipe, reload accounts, press this and that - all to see if we can get the thing to work the way it was advertised - does anyone else see a problem whith this? Blackberry is very poor on support and even poorer on communication and fixes - with so many people having problems one would think they would just make something that would work - the way it was advertised.
    sok2507 likes this.
    02-18-13 08:08 AM
    Yes my battery life has been greatly reduced as well...
    Mine was abysmal until I reduced the screen brightness. I used to have it around th 75%-100% mark before this update. Dropping it to near 0 and turning off the auto-dim seems to make little difference in visibilty and vastly improves the lifespan of a full charge.
    02-18-13 08:28 AM
    Hey, Steven, how about editing the title of your thread to "the update that broke my PlayBook"? For most people the update went well. Your thread title does not reflect this, it is highly misleading.
    bungaboy and rotorwrench like this.
    02-18-13 08:32 AM
    .1526 works fine on me. But, my PlayBook keep asking my email password everyday -.-"
    02-18-13 08:32 AM
    No problems here, none whatsoever on my 3 PlayBooks.
    02-18-13 10:52 AM
    Sure, but as I said, they ain't perfect....point I was trying to make was that Apple (rightly or wrongly) don't advise customers to do a full device wipe before an OS upgrade. I assume you'd agree one of the major issues BB has to overcome is a perception of complexity in its devices if the mass market are to embrace them again. Mention sideloading, security wipes or somesuch to the average punter who they're clearly trying to attract nowadays and they'd likely run a mile....

My theory for this market segment focus being the omission of Outlook USB sync, full Bridge functionality, BES support at launch for all OSes 5, 6, 7 & 10 - deliberate delayed, albeit at the risk of upsetting the faithful/corporates who Thor had previously publicly stated were his core focus...go figure!

Please don't get me wrong ScionicMan, I'm rooting for them, but the marketing message and subsequent actions/implementations/focus seem a little inconsistent, that's all....
    Not that I own an iThing, but every time I've helped someone here at work with their upgrade to an iThing, it always backs up their data, wipes the device, installs the os, then restores the back up. Or did something change since the last time I've done that?
    sok2507 likes this.
    02-18-13 11:26 AM
    Sorry to hear. I have noticed an improvement overall since updating. Browser is snappier, definitely! Much less checkerboard!! I wonder if there are hardware variations under the hood that are affecting some users? Anyway, hope you find a fix!
    02-18-13 12:42 PM
    About this aggravation for BB suggesting to reboot and/or do a full wipe to fix any lingering problems, it is what most companies say. I don't know about the iPad, but every piece of electronics I had ever owned would suggest first to reboot, and second to factory load/wipe to fix problems. Just about every tech support agent first tells you to reboot, then goes through some steps to see if it helps, and if not they tell you to try to ease all the information and start fresh.

Everyone uses their device differently and when it comes to software issues (versus hardware issues), there is not normally an easy one size solution. There are so many combinations of official apps, side-loaded apps, visited websites, user made files, etc that it is much easier and efficient for all parties to just wipe and restore (or start fresh) then it is to look at each individual item to see if it is potentially a problem.

If most people do not have a problem with an update, that does not mean BB likes them better. If most people do not have a problem with an update it also does not mean that the same hardware is somehow vastly different on the inside for a select few. All this means is that something isn't playing nice and the easiest and most efficient way for the consumer to fix it is to wipe it clean. It may suck to hook it up to the computer for a few hours (depending), but it might be a bit better than spending days on the phone deleting and restoring each app/file/etc to see if that is the one causing the problem.

I don't know about the iPad, but I think if there was a problem with their OS for a person, tech support would tell them to wipe (or whatever they call it) their device clean. I assure you that at least a minority of people have problems with any given update from ANY company.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-18-13 12:49 PM
    the only thing i notice was app world and my browser loads slower....other than that no issue...and when i say slower it normaly loaded about 80% hangs for a couple secs and finishes now it loads about 50% hangs a couple sec then gets to 80% then finishes...not really and issue just something i noticed..
    02-18-13 01:42 PM
    .1526 works fine on me. But, my PlayBook keep asking my email password everyday -.-"
    are you using yahoo? i get the same issue.. i have 2 email accounts a yahoo and a hotmail.. no issue with hot mail.. yahoo another story..
    02-18-13 01:47 PM
    No problems with update. Have noticed the browser is much faster. Oh that's not a problem, my PB is wondefrful and working perfect.
    02-18-13 02:33 PM
    update went just fine, so perhaps there is something else going on with those with a problem...
    02-18-13 02:43 PM
    since i bought my Playbook....about 1 year ago....i think it was the first update was 1.7?? and i have never...had a problem with any update....or battery drain....or whatever???...WTF all i read is this problem or that problem....how this screwed this up or why this????? Geeze either this is the worst 'tablet' every produced/marketed/sold??? or it has the highest learning curve in the history of computing.....its not that difficult.....Its a Playbook.....GAWD!
    02-18-13 03:11 PM
    Geeze either this is the worst 'tablet' every produced/marketed/sold??? or it has the highest learning curve in the history of computing.....its not that difficult.....Its a Playbook.....GAWD!
    Yeah you're right! Its impossible that updates could affect a device in a negative way. C'mon man.
    02-18-13 03:26 PM

Please show me where that was said by BlackBerry. You're either twisting the facts or straight making things up...
    02-18-13 03:48 PM
    I am inclined to agree that this update is fairly terrible for me. Videos, apps, browser randomly crash, freeze or don't work at all. Even more so than before. The iOs comparisons are only valid that if this were a regular Apple update it would cause an uproar of severe magnitude because of all the bugs.
    02-18-13 04:17 PM
    I never had major problems with any updates. The only thing for me that is getting worse is typing on Facebook through the browser version, it is worse than ever, but not sure if it is a FB thing or the Playbook. My rapid charger stopped working for awhile yesterday, now it is fine. Other than that, it is running as normal. My battery life has always been poor. I leave Wifi on all the time and keep the brightness up and am always on the browser, so I expect it to act like this.
    02-18-13 04:39 PM
    gotta add my two cents: its been much less stable since the update. As for the suggestion about a security wipe etc, please, these things are supposed to be Grandma-friendly. Such suggestions only put smiles on the faces of Apple employees everywhere.
    02-18-13 05:13 PM
100 1234