I got to tell you, im not impressed
    Last edited by Steven Laurin; 02-18-13 at 06:37 AM.
    02-17-13 10:22 AM
    I have had no issues since the update, performance has only increased. You may need to back up all your data and then do a security wipe. This has been recommended by several crackberry members when there are issues with the playbook.
    bbfan1040, antiRIM and citystars41 like this.
    02-17-13 10:34 AM
    You might want to try to wipe and restore your PlayBook before assaulting a BlackBerry employee. There may be a corrupt file or something went wrong during the update, it can happen.
    jeroen_13 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-17-13 10:34 AM
    I have had zero issues as well......
    rjedge54 and omercan7 like this.
    02-17-13 10:54 AM
    I updated my Playbook on the day of the software release and I haven't had any issues yet. Performance has been great and no noticeable change in the battery life. Jumping to a lawsuit is a bit of an extreme reaction, especially before troubleshooting the problem. I would recommend trying the security wipe as mentioned above or at least reaching out to Blackberry support for help.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    02-17-13 11:12 AM
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I have done what you guys are recommending prior to my above post
    02-17-13 11:16 AM
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I have done what you guys are recommending prior to my above post
    Blackberry advised; Please make a backup before you update, and perform a security wipe before updating to a newer OS
    02-17-13 11:30 AM
    hi
    For me, since the update, it's worst. My playbook is a complete mess. every time i try to have access to the configuration menu, it freeze.

I'm a new user of this kind of device and it does not help a lot.

Tommy

P.S: sorry for my english!
    02-17-13 12:06 PM
    The only thing that really sucks with wiping and restoring from a backup is that it won't restore any of the accounts you have set up.
    02-17-13 12:10 PM
    Blackberry advised; Please make a backup before you update, and perform a security wipe before updating to a newer OS
    And with advice like that, they wonder why people buy iPad in the millions... Aside the fact it is not perfect, at least Apple make OS upgrades a fairly painless procedure. Seriously, security wipe and backup??!! /facepalm....

I feel my faith in BB's ability to deliver waning....the promises and assertions of just a few months ago increasingly hollow...and I say that after a successful .1526 update....
    CairnsRock and swanibs like this.
    02-17-13 12:16 PM
    The only issue I've had with .1526 is my browser froze on 2 separate occasions. The first was was really bad,I had to reboot. I was doing some flash streaming on a website and all of sudden it crashed. Second time it crashed on the twitter website.
    02-17-13 01:40 PM
    Lolololol. A lawsuit. On what grounds?

My watch battery died... im suing Bulova!!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-17-13 01:51 PM
    No problems after updating...I always wonder how people manage to break their devices with updates... we have 3 at home, one of them had problems...
    02-17-13 02:53 PM
    Yes my battery life has been greatly reduced as well, but browser speed has improved and no other faults. Last night it was at about 40% when I put it in standby and this morning it had shut off due to being at 0%. Reported to RIM and they suggested security wipe and reload of software, what a pain in the arse!!! Have to backup tonight and try reload.
    02-17-13 03:00 PM
    And with advice like that, they wonder why people buy iPad in the millions... Aside the fact it is not perfect, at least Apple make OS upgrades a fairly painless procedure. Seriously, security wipe and backup??!! /facepalm....

I feel my faith in BB's ability to deliver waning....the promises and assertions of just a few months ago increasingly hollow...and I say that after a successful .1526 update....
    Yeah, iOS updates are fairly painless... except when they're not...

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1120&bih=609
    02-17-13 03:01 PM
    No problems here. Updated both of my PlayBook and they are working great.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    02-17-13 03:58 PM
    The bug in the latest IOS6 update in the apple just took down all the email systems using microsot calander. The update cannot be reversed. causing sever problems for companies that opted to go with Apple. Video - Apple iOS 6.1 iPhone Update Causing Problems in Company-Based Microsoft Outlook Systems - WSJ.com
    02-17-13 04:38 PM
    Just downloaded my update, everything seem faster. No Issues. After learning of the Apple bug and reading this I thought that I was going to be in trouble. But everything fine.
    Video - Apple iOS 6.1 iPhone Update Causing Problems in Company-Based Microsoft Outlook Systems - WSJ.com
    02-17-13 05:05 PM
    No problems after updating...I always wonder how people manage to break their devices with updates... we have 3 at home, one of them had problems...
    I had the same thoughts.

I had backed up a little while ago, so didn't repeat that.
    I did update with charger attached (as BB suggested).
    Also let it do it's thing with no interference from me.
    Used a known good WIFI signal.
    Let PB restart and re-logged in.

Everything works fine.

Perhaps some have a glitch in wifi signal or did other things with PB while downloading? Learned in Windows world not to mess with device while downloading updates.

Sorry to hear some had problems. I would suspect wifi glitches causing corrupted files. Wonder if PB checks downloaded files before starting installation?
    02-17-13 07:50 PM
    The .1526 update was smooth and the performance of the BlackBerry PlayBook has been smooth as well. Sometimes though a full backup and security wipe is the only way to fix problems experienced by some people which is unfortunate.
    Phill Parsons likes this.
    02-17-13 08:05 PM
    I just found the same issue with the front facing camera and I found the that the video store won't connect either. Haven't done a security wipe yet.
    02-17-13 08:13 PM
    No issues with my three PlayBooks. Two were updated shortly after finding the update. The third was updated a day later. All have been heavily used since.
    02-17-13 08:21 PM
    Try a hard reset first, if that doesn't work then try a security wipe.

To do a hard reset hold down the volume + and - keys at the same time as the power button until the screen goes totaly blank let it reboot

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-13 08:36 PM
    I feel kinda bad now for OP because I specifically wanted to sign in on CB and comment on how I think the latest update is the best to date. The browser is a lot faster, the keyboard is a lot responsive and I'm loving it so far!
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-17-13 08:39 PM
    No issues here , but haven't notices any changes either........oh well ......its a BLACKBERRY
    jsdhornby likes this.
    02-17-13 08:40 PM
100 123 ...