- CrackBerry Addict
- 711 Posts
The #1 thing I want in the next PB OS Update!!
First, I'd like to ask what new capabilities would you like to see in the next PB OS update? Now back to my concern which is directed to RIM. RIM, I know you have someone monitoring this forum,...you"d be crazy not to, that said, I want to ask if you would give us the ability to enable access to our "Favorites" tab on our 9810. You see, my Favorites tab is loaded with all of my neatly arranged (...listed in alphabetical order) website icons. Sadly, the PB does not allow one to set the order for website Bookmarks,...therefore bookmarks are listed as they are captured.
Pls give up more control of this with the next OS update?
- 03-05-12, 12:18 PM #5
- improve wifi
- improve speed of native apps
- fix battery drain glitch (we have to remove push for now)
- get SKYPE for christ sake!
- improve facebook and make it native, not AIR
- get a native twitter app!!!!
- integration of PB with native twitter and facebook app
all of these are on the ipad and droids... and these should be there from start
- 03-05-12, 05:41 PM #6
This is being picky considering my PlayBook never leaves my side and has changed the way I stay connected while mobile thanks to Bridge.
- reliable GPS over Bridge
-"universal search" very similar to the BB handsets.
-Bluetooth Speaker Option similar to the Bose Sound Dock and other auxiliary speakers
-easy way to add Movies
-More manageable browser Bookmarks
-the real "social Feeds" for PlayBook
-some possible way to Video Chat other OS's
-more deeply integrated "Open On PlayBook"
-Bridge Phone and Text
-Print FROM PlayBook
do not leave out
-dual laser beams
- 03-05-12, 07:15 PM #10
I would like to see;
1: The browser fixed in terms of bookmarking, such as the ability to rename them.
2: The ability to change the User Agent on the Browser
3: A Tabbed Browser Interface
4: Increase WiFi speed. File transfer is very slow
5: The ability to stream audio / video to AirPlay and/or Apple TV
6: Enhanced bridge functionality, where the PB could act as an Speaker Phone, Dial Out via BT to your phone and the like
7: BB Protect functionality
Just to name a few.
Last edited by advcomputer; 03-05-12 at 07:18 PM.
- CrackBerry User
03-05-12, 07:48 PM #12
- 75 Posts
Fuller integration between BB and PB. I would like a more fluid transfer of files between the two devices and the ability to access and manage my BB apps. Along with that I want BB native apps on the PB, namely BB Protect, Traffic and Travel. I feel like with OS 1 if you owned a BB the PB was wonderful for you, with OS 2.0 if you own a BB life is much more difficult now. I'm used to the syncing of messages but contacts and calendar entries are still cumbersome. If RIM grasps the concept of a unified platform ecosystem like Apple has I think we will see a massive upsurge of BB/PB users. I'm hoping BB10 is the answer to this.
- 03-05-12, 08:04 PM #13
The ability to 'touch and hold' a 'bit of information' (Ex. text, picture, etc) with one finger on the screen (slight glow around finger on screen) and with the other hand swipe up, scroll to another open app, open it, and 'drop' the text/picture/etc. into this new app...
i.e. move info between apps easily and quickly using both hands/fingers
Have a thesaurus word suggestion when using the "predictions and suggestions" option with the keyboard (the row of words above the keyboard).
The thesaurus word suggestions could show-up when the user goes back and touches the word
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-06-12, 12:04 AM #14
- 401 Posts
While I was happy with OS 2.0 there are quite a few things I would still like to see:
- Better Browser Bookmark organization/editing
- Sync of Contacts/Calender from my BB Phone. (Google Sync!? WTH!)
- Native Gtalk, Windows Live, etc like on my phone
- USB OTG!!! More and more mobile devices are getting this, we should too!
- Access to network shares (Windows, Samba, etc)
- SMS from Playbook when bridged (Without that email to sms crap. Native true SMS)
- and finally, ABSOLUTE MUST! It MUST make me coffee in the morning, and get my beer at night damnit! (Why is this not a feature yet???)
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-06-12, 01:22 AM #15
- 308 Posts
I don't want much, RIM hasn't left me wanting much at all, just a "find on this page" search feature in the browser and support for CSV files in Documents To Go.
A blacklist instead of a whitelist for WebGL sites would be nice. Failing that, a way to remove sites from the whitelist would also be welcome.
- 03-06-12, 01:47 AM #16
- Native Gtalk, Windows Live, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc like on my phone
- SMS from Playbook when bridged (Native true SMS)
- Support BBM Groups via bridge
- Enhanced bridge functionality, where the PB could act as an Speaker Phone, Dial Out via BT to your phone and the like
- BlackBerry Protect
- Native BBM (using tablet's PIN)
- Print FROM PlayBook
- Dump Bing maps for Google, in fact full integration with core google apps like on the phones (only put them in appworld not sideloading)
- Improved Facebook and Twitter
- Fuller integration between BB and PB. I would like a more fluid transfer of files between the two devices
Last edited by VZWRocka; 04-01-12 at 12:13 AM.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-06-12, 07:26 AM #18
- 111 Posts
I have my PB for only a week, but this are my points for now:
- fix the software Stand-By button which is not working properly since OS1 and has not been fixed in OS2.
- better GPS support
- ability to rename icon labels on the home screen. We only can rename folders currently.
- 03-06-12, 08:13 AM #23
Add some display options to Bridge Calendar
- ability to change First Day of Week from default Sunday to Monday (or at least mirror the BB phone's setting, which it currently does not do)
- ability to change font and size
In fact, I'd be deliriously happy if Bridge Calendar just had the same look and options as the new native calendar! Sure I could just use the native app, but I couldn't agree more with the OP about multiple steps with outlook/gmail, especially when Bridge is such a seamless and elegant solution
- 03-06-12, 11:41 AM #24
My number one thing I'd like? Please fix the broken messages implementation.
1. Fix the broken IMAP implementation
2. Fix Gmail sync so it deletes emails properly, marks them as read properly, allow me to archive emails on the PB.
3. Add task sync to gmail.
4. Add memo and task sync for Exchange.
4. Fix "mark as read" for Exchange
As a side note, please fix the broken BIS IMAP implementation. Add multiple calendar sync for gmail in BIS, add task sync for gmail in BIS. Add Exchange sync to BIS. Asking me to pay extra (BES) for a feature that is included for free in every other platform is lunacy.
Basically, all the things that *should* be there.
I love my BlackBerry, and my PlayBook. But that doesn't mean I'm not dissatisfied with this update.
- 03-06-12, 01:38 PM #25
I'd like to see
- Native twitter
- improved app world
- predictive text in all text fields
- gestures in browser (back/fwd/switch tab/close tab)
- print from PB to real printer
- enhanced pdf reader
- if they are sticking with android then please make them appear more native, let them save information upon restart of PB
- backup to cloud (this will allow sync of bb to pb and vice versa)
- bridge sms
- bridge bbm group
- default bbm app (in which case ignore previous )
- password manager in browser
- Bookmark organization/editing
- universal search
- find on page feature
- answer calls on PB via bridge
- default integrate twitter/fbook/email in video/pics app
- rename photo
- mark all/select multiple emails to delte/move/mark as read etc.