I'm curious if there's any way to zoom the web page magnification using a mouse gesture? In other words, replicate the "pinch to zoom" functionality using an bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. Anyone figure this out? Trying not to have to reach up and manually pinch, especially from a distance.

RCK
    07-15-12 06:13 AM
    I am curious about that too.
    05-18-13 01:14 AM
    Using my bridged 9930, I tried a single and double tap but that did not simply increase the zoom like you can do it you just tap the pb's screen. MOUSING might be different.
    05-18-13 08:06 AM
    What about zomming with a bluetooth keyboard? is it possible?
    05-21-13 11:59 PM
    I just turned on the rim keyboard - Tap does NOT zoom in the browser. Although, in Words w/ Friends, an android port, both the 9930 (as mouse) and the keyboard do zoom. Have not tried any other android apps - bed time.
    05-22-13 12:17 AM
    If you also have the keyboard connected, you could try Alt + Scroll wheel.
    Could work.
    05-22-13 12:26 AM
    I quickly loaded an Android Browser but the keyboard does not permit a tap to zoom unlike Words w/ Friends.
    05-22-13 08:45 AM
    Still no luck zooming a web page in the browser with the bluetooth mouse keyboard combination, can't believe this oversight by RIM such a basic feature. For the guys owning the official playbook minikeyboard have you tried pinch to zoom using the trackpad?
    05-24-13 08:46 PM
    Still no luck zooming a web page in the browser with the bluetooth mouse keyboard combination, can't believe this oversight by RIM such a basic feature. For the guys owning the official playbook minikeyboard have you tried pinch to zoom using the trackpad?
    It does not work. I tried but maybe I don't have a technique.
    05-24-13 09:48 PM
    Too bad, there doesn't seem to be a way to zoom in the browser using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.........
    05-25-13 01:12 AM
    If you also have the keyboard connected, you could try Alt + Scroll wheel.
    Could work.
    Thought you might be on to something there. But I tried it and no luck.

I have a wireless mighty mouse. I can right click, left click and scroll to my hearts content. However I cannot zoom wirelessly. Someone's gotta have fix for this.

I always zoom in on Web pages (ctrl++ style) as I increase the text for easier reading. Also cannot drag Web page if zoomed by direct touch left to right, up or down with mouse. Anyone unable to do this as well?

I think I read somewhere that legacy BlackBerry devices are able to zoom with the bridge app. Can someone confirm this please.

The PlayBook is dead, long live the PlayBook!
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 07-10-13 at 09:44 AM.
    07-10-13 02:12 AM
    I also tried to double tap right click on a certain portion of block text on a web page as to zoom in on it. Just like you would double tap on the screen to zoom in. No such luck.

Then when zoomed in by double tapping on the screen or pinch to zoom. Moving left to right, up or down with keyboard arrow keys is extremely choppy. I also cannot drag the Web page left to right, up or down as stated in previous post.

Anyone had any luck completing these moves wirelessly via some Bluetooth peripheral?

The PlayBook is dead, long live the PlayBook!
    07-10-13 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD