I have activated and used the Zinio app for just a short time, so still have much to learn. A few questions loom large at this moment.

Does the Zinio app have settings controls that can change such things as font size and background colour?

When you download a file (a single issue of a magazine) where it is stored on the Playbook? Obviously it is in the Zinio library, but where among the PB folders? I have three file management apps and none of them can find the file so far. This is important because, depending on the file type, the downloaded file might be readable in Book Reader (a superb app IMO). What is the file type of a Zinio file (e.g., epub, mobi)?

Thanks in advance
    05-01-12 07:35 AM
    I believe the file type is still their own proprietary and locked down ZNO format. Possibly newer ones use ZNA format.
    It uses licensed technology from Adobe so probably is encrypted PDF or similar - in use, it feels like that.
    It's DRM protected by Content Guard | Content Guard

Your well locked in to reading it with their own software

J
    Last edited by Jethro-Ten; 05-01-12 at 07:46 AM.
    BBburner likes this.
    05-01-12 07:43 AM
    In that case I will renew my paper subscription for another year. The availability of Zinio on the PB is a good step forward, but it is a long way from being an E-reader of competitive quality.
    05-01-12 08:17 AM
    I believe other than zooming, you cannot change the color - it is rendering a magazine which has its own pictures, text, etc. It is probably stored in some zinio "cabinet" and not accessible by ordinary means. Apparently apps have their own locations (what I called cabinet) for their data.

I used it this weekend and had some problems reading when I zoomed in to part of an article. It does have some definite rendering problems with overlaps or articles/columns kind of hidden behind an adjacent column.
    05-01-12 09:26 AM
    Would love to see Calibre on the PlayBook
    05-01-12 10:50 AM
    I don't get why I can't read my magazines offline....doesnt make sense!
    05-01-12 11:00 AM
    If it is something you downloaded, you should be able to read it offline; I can do that with the single issue that I purchased.
    05-01-12 11:22 AM
    I am able to read my magazines offline I just tried it before I posted this and it was working.
    05-01-12 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD