Several of the magazines I've downloaded from Zinio aren't displaying correctly in the PlayBook version of the app. Pages are having the sides slashed off and the magazine doesn't frame in fullscreen. The page selections along the bottom show the correct page layout. Has anyone else noticed this?

Can Zinio files be read with any other readers?

Fullscreen - side and bottom cut off

Zinio formatting issues-img_00000085.jpg

Fullscreen again - right side of each page and bottom cut off

Zinio formatting issues-img_00000086.jpg

Page selection mode - note how the page preview displays the correct layout

Zinio formatting issues-img_00000083.jpg
    Last edited by Mickrick; 02-18-13 at 12:41 PM.
    02-17-13 07:53 AM
    Being that you posted this message means that you haven't found a message thread that covers the problem... (or you haven't bothered to look yet). It would help if you listed which magazines you're talking about and take some screen snapshots to post. Screen snapshots can be taken by pressing the volume + and volume - simultaneously. You should hear a snapshot sound.
    calles likes this.
    02-17-13 08:22 AM
    They display correctly for me. Sometimes when zooming in, they cut a bit of the page out even after panning to the end...but this can be corrected by zooming out, and zooming in again.
    02-17-13 09:15 AM
    Yea I use Zinio all the time and don't have any issies. What are you viewing? Portrit or landscape mode? Have you tried a restart? Have you tried other magizine titles, not just different issues of the same magazine? Have you tried re-starting your PlayBook? And the big question as stated above...what magazines are you viewing??
    02-17-13 09:21 AM
    Zinio does not seem to work here either !

Have PCformat loaded , tap on the stick arrow starts the spin but just as quickly up pops error 1009 !?

Might be 'cause I always decline their software access to "personal data on unit..." which they also say is changeable later. but I've seen that statement within Overdrive setup also and it don't work a-tall. Another that never did find the stated scrn where they say changes can be subsequently made.

So zinio loaded but not working ....just spinner action like it is trying and trying to dwnld !
    02-17-13 03:39 PM
    Several of the magazines I've downloaded from Zinio aren't displaying correctly in the PlayBook version of the app. Pages are having the sides slashed off and the magazine doesn't frame in fullscreen. The page selections along the bottom show the correct page layout. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have seen this issue with the edges being cut off the page. I found that if I zoom out and back in, then if the edge of the pages is still cut off, very gently scroll and should be able to see it.
    02-17-13 04:12 PM
    Zinio does not seem to work here either !

Have PCformat loaded , tap on the stick arrow starts the spin but just as quickly up pops error 1009 !?

Might be 'cause I always decline their software access to "personal data on unit..." which they also say is changeable later. but I've seen that statement within Overdrive setup also and it don't work a-tall. Another that never did find the stated scrn where they say changes can be subsequently made.

So zinio loaded but not working ....just spinner action like it is trying and trying to dwnld !
    You DO have to grant Zinio Permissions or it will NOT run.

And you are correct, Overdrive was the other app (Kalemsoft, was also like that), where, if you denied the Permissions, they did not appear in the Security Permission List and you were SCREWED!! There was no way to fix it after the initial denial. I had to do a Security Wipe and reinstall to grant permissions.

And something I installed the other day, asked for a Permission and I granted it, expecting to change it later - well, it is not in the list to change it either.

This inconsistent behavior and limitations on levels of Permission are somewhat disturbing.
    02-17-13 04:20 PM
    Being that you posted this message means that you haven't found a message thread that covers the problem... (or you haven't bothered to look yet). It would help if you listed which magazines you're talking about and take some screen snapshots to post. Screen snapshots can be taken by pressing the volume + and volume - simultaneously. You should hear a snapshot sound.
    I actually have 3 screenshots that I tried attaching to my original post but when I selected a file no button appeared to upload them. And why the attitude?
    02-17-13 08:25 PM
    I actually have 3 screenshots that I tried attaching to my original post but when I selected a file no button appeared to upload them. And why the attitude?
    Sorry for the attitude, but your question was too vague to answer. And from the responses in this thread so far, I think you can see why. You've must have already tried zoom in/out and decided the problem was beyond that? Or are you all good now?

For attaching an image, did you "Go Advanced" at the bottom to get "Additional Options"? There's "Attachments" / "Manage Attachments"...
    02-18-13 06:24 AM
    Vague? Seriously? I thought I was describing the problem perfectly.

Anyway, I had tried zooming in/out before posting and no, its still there. The offending mags all display perfectly in the pc and android apps. And I wasn't angry at you, just surprised you took the approach you did. When I type a new title in a thread, I'm given a list of possible similar threads and the problem I'm having wasn't listed.
    johnierw likes this.
    02-18-13 11:33 AM
    Vague? Seriously? I thought I was describing the problem perfectly.

Anyway, I had tried zooming in/out before posting and no, its still there. The offending mags all display perfectly in the pc and android apps. And I wasn't angry at you, just surprised you took the approach you did. When I type a new title in a thread, I'm given a list of possible similar threads and the problem I'm having wasn't listed.
    I think you need to persevere with the screen-shots, so that people can see exactly what the problem is. I understand what you are saying, but as I said, I had a similar problem, but obviously not the same one as you are suffering. Piccys would help.
    What is the title of the magazine, if you don't mind sharing that. Maybe someone can look at the same mag. and see if they have a similar problem...
    02-18-13 11:42 AM
    Finally got hold of a computer to upload the screenshots. Added them to the original post.
    02-18-13 12:42 PM
    So as not to take away from this thread, 'moved' app permission aspect over to this fd. thread,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ra-etc-773424/

Thanks Mick' for the thread !

02-18-13 04:05 PM
    Finally got hold of a computer to upload the screenshots. Added them to the original post.
    How odd!
    What happens in portrait view?
    What happens if you scroll towards the right of the page (but gently - not enough to jump to the next pair of pages)
    02-19-13 06:17 AM
    So as not to take away from this thread, 'moved' app permission aspect over to this fd. thread,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ra-etc-773424/

Thanks Mick' for the thread !

Thanks Cracklen
    02-19-13 11:56 AM
    How odd!
    What happens in portrait view?
    What happens if you scroll towards the right of the page (but gently - not enough to jump to the next pair of pages)
    Same thing in portrait and slow scrolling.

Zinio formatting issues-img_00000092.jpg
    02-19-13 12:18 PM
    I get the exact same thing! It is better in portrait mode. Not sure what's ups with it.

Fullscreen - side and bottom cut off

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000085.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	136582

Fullscreen again - right side of each page and bottom cut off

Name:	IMG_00000086.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	136584

Page selection mode - note how the page preview displays the correct layout

Name:	IMG_00000083.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	136586
    02-19-13 01:27 PM
    did you ever find an answer to this? I've been using Zinio for almost 2 years now without a problem and just had an issue download like this. I deleted it and re-downloaded, still the same problem. It looks fine on my laptop, but same problem as you on my playbook.
    03-22-14 01:50 PM