I have a question and analysis or observation of my ATT Z10 and Playbook. I have the bridge app installed without the sim card in and am now on lte bridged to the two devices and just womdering if my experience is different than everyome elses or of this is correct and if so why the downgrade in user experience

I can only browse and use my data from my phone to use my playbook. The bridge folder does not contain sms, e mail, calendar or the new reminders. I ask this because. Previous with my torch i was able to respond to incoming phone text and view my phone calendar on my playbook when bridged

If my experience is not flawed i think this is completely opposite of the "moving forward" theme of this new team blackberry
    03-28-13 10:40 AM
    I have a question and analysis or observation of my ATT Z10 and Playbook. I have the bridge app installed without the sim card in and am now on lte bridged to the two devices and just womdering if my experience is different than everyome elses or of this is correct and if so why the downgrade in user experience

I can only browse and use my data from my phone to use my playbook. The bridge folder does not contain sms, e mail, calendar or the new reminders. I ask this because. Previous with my torch i was able to respond to incoming phone text and view my phone calendar on my playbook when bridged

If my experience is not flawed i think this is completely opposite of the "moving forward" theme of this new team blackberry
    We all hope that these basic features shall return soon in a software update, this has been discussed many times on here.

Hoping it changes soon.
    fwayne likes this.
    03-28-13 10:59 AM
    See Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Is short
    You will notice this is different from the BlackBerry OS version, which also has special BlackBerry Bridge applications for Messages, Address Book and Calendar, to name a few. To email from accounts for which you previously used BlackBerry Bridge, simply add the accounts on your BlackBerry PlayBook. This includes any work accounts, as now both BlackBerry 10, and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS use the same BlackBerry Enterprise and Device Service infrastructure. Ty did a great job at describing how to do that in his Five Tip Friday – BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Messages, Calendar and Contacts blog post. We are also planning to bring BBM and other applications as part of a future update later this year.

Our work is not done, and we will keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible between BlackBerry 10 devices, and beyond. I can’t wait to share with you more updates on how BlackBerry Bridge will continue to evolve in the future!

Another reference BlackBerry Bridge on BlackBerry 10 - Dumbed down and not as useful | CrackBerry.com
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-28-13 11:10 AM
    Ok so mine is working correctly. This now being realized its almost 2 months since this discovery and blackberry response of updates to follow or " coming soon ". Guess I will just be waiting just like I did for this z10 that lacks the project used apps at launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:16 AM
    Ok so mine is working correctly. This now being realized its almost 2 months since this discovery and blackberry response of updates to follow or " coming soon ". Guess I will just be waiting just like I did for this z10 that lacks the project used apps at launch.

Posted via CB10
    There is nothing in the Blog that says that they will be RE-introducing those missing features. Only that users should hold their collective breaths for some things/stuff with no suggestion about what those things will be. More of the old Rim in the new BBRY words.
    sad_old_man, JeepBB and rottonj like this.
    03-28-13 11:53 AM
    There is nothing in the Blog that says that they will be RE-introducing those missing features. Only that users should hold their collective breaths for some things/stuff with no suggestion about what those things will be. More of the old Rim in the new BBRY words.
    So plainly speaking, whatever you do don't hold your breath waiting for it?

It will come maybe sometime after bb10 does/does not arrive on the pb and the Sahara desert freezes over and camels learn to ski????????

Don't get excited about the camel thing F2, I was only joking!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:02 PM
    They won't even talk about PLAYBOOK anymore so my guess is they haven't even begun and so its still a long ways away.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 12:19 PM
    I am holding on to my BB 9780 using the bridge with all the features
    not buying the Z10 or Q 10 so fast

and please aware, the old OS 7.0 phones are connected to the BB own network, so the connection is cheap
    I get international data-roaming for my emails when outside US for $20 a month, or $10 for 2 weeks or prorated less
    this is a steal

The Z10, or any IPhone, Android is using data roaming for email when outside the US, and this can get very expensive, even if you don't make cellphone calls. So be aware some of my Iphone friends got $500 phone bills after returning from a 2 weeks trip abroad

Before I leave on a trip abroad I forward all my calls to my Vonage home line. Vonage convert all my voice messages into transcribed voice mail attachment and I get an email on my BB 9780.
    I than return my calls using WIFI on my BB phone, the UMA function, and I make free calls back to the US
    Or I use a my Comwave account with a WIFI connection on my PB

For local calls in a foreign country I use mostly a local SIM card in an old unlocked BB 8320, which allows me texting as well

I understand there is a way to keep the BB connection on the Z10. but you loose some of the functions.
    03-28-13 12:25 PM
    I am holding on to my BB 9780 using the bridge with all the features
    not buying the Z10 or Q 10 so fast

and please aware, the old OS 7.0 phones are connected to the BB own network, so the connection is cheap
    I get international data-roaming for my emails when outside US for $20 a month, or $10 for 2 weeks or prorated less
    this is a steal

The Z10, or any IPhone, Android is using data roaming for email when outside the US, and this can get very expensive, even if you don't make cellphone calls. So be aware some of my Iphone friends got $500 phone bills after returning from a 2 weeks trip abroad

Before I leave on a trip abroad I forward all my calls to my Vonage home line. Vonage convert all my voice messages into transcribed voice mail attachment and I get an email on my BB 9780.
    I than return my calls using WIFI on my BB phone, the UMA function, and I make free calls back to the US
    Or I use a my Comwave account with a WIFI connection on my PB

For local calls in a foreign country I use mostly a local SIM card in an old unlocked BB 8320, which allows me texting as well

I understand there is a way to keep the BB connection on the Z10. but you loose some of the functions.
    Probably why a board member of BlackBerry bailed out today. Well he doesn't leave until May but you get the idea??? ????????? Is BB10 such a success?????
    03-28-13 01:03 PM
    Not a single idea.
    03-28-13 01:13 PM
    They won't even talk about PLAYBOOK anymore so my guess is they haven't even begun and so its still a long ways away.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    there are already playbooks out there running "unofficial" BB10 ...
    03-28-13 01:57 PM
    there are already playbooks out there running "unofficial" BB10 ...
    There are Samsung, HTCs, Nokias, LGs, motorola and iphones out there running unofficial versions of their OSs! I miss the point!
    03-28-13 02:07 PM
    So plainly speaking, whatever you do don't hold your breath waiting for it?

It will come maybe sometime after bb10 does/does not arrive on the pb and the Sahara desert freezes over and camels learn to ski????????

Don't get excited about the camel thing F2, I was only joking!
    I believe you have it right. Well, maybe not the camel skiing but even there, I would guess it/they will learn to ski before the missing features are returned to Bridge - that's how much faith I have in BB.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-28-13 02:44 PM
    Really the Z10 should have a disclaimer next to it in stores warning bridge is not currently available....peeps can make a judgement on purchasing or not, BB might then see lower sales and learn to to launch products incomplete.
    FF22, sad_old_man, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    03-28-13 05:23 PM
    Yep, Thorsten has been a disappointment. The new BlackBerry is the same old Research In Motion.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    sad_old_man, JeepBB and rottonj like this.
    03-28-13 08:43 PM
    Yep, Thorsten has been a disappointment. The new BlackBerry is the same old Research In Motion.
    Until we get OS10 onto our PB, our beloved tablet will be a collectors item hanging on the wall framed next to my High school diploma. A 2 year old tablet does not need major new software, just an update of the present one
    There will be a new tablet with 2 ghz in september
    03-28-13 09:19 PM
    [QUOTE=hreiner1;8217359]Until we get OS10 onto our PB, our beloved tablet will be a collectors item hanging on the wall framed next to my High school diploma. A 2 year old tablet does not need major new software, just an update of the present one
    There will be a new tablet with 2 ghz [/ QUOTE]

Playbook is great alarm clock now. I wish blackberry at least updated the browser and get us bridge back. Playbook without bridge is not that great anymore.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-28-13 09:26 PM
    Thanks for help Petris!
    03-28-13 09:34 PM
    Speaking of alarm clock, I wish they will push an update in our PB where my Z10 alarm can be heard to my PlayBook's speakers... it would probably not an awesome as BB10, but it seems easier than BB10...

Posted via Z10
    03-28-13 10:17 PM
    I'm still enjoying my over priced P9981 BB which works great with PB. Thanks for the heads ups on some of the issues with bridge.
    03-29-13 12:06 AM

The main concern I have is that now the new bb10 handsets are not utilizing BIS, they are just like any other smartphone out there only not quite as good. Has Thorsten been put in place with a brief to do just that so when the time comes to bail out, it will be easier to find a buyer for the company?
    03-29-13 08:28 AM
    Until we get OS10 onto our PB, our beloved tablet will be a collectors item hanging on the wall framed next to my High school diploma. A 2 year old tablet does not need major new software, just an update of the present one
    There will be a new tablet with 2 ghz in september
    The BlackBerry PlayBook has the perfect UI for a tablet but developers and users alike would benefit from BlackBerry OS 10 coming to the tablet while maintaining the current BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 user interface.
    03-29-13 08:38 AM
    The BlackBerry PlayBook has the perfect UI for a tablet but developers and users alike would benefit from BlackBerry OS 10 coming to the tablet while maintaining the current BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 user interface.
    Please please please forgive me for this and it's only my interpretation of your post but do I not detect a contradiction in terms here. "The BlackBerry PlayBook has the perfect UI for a tablet", agreed so far.

But developers and users alike would benefit from BlackBerry OS 10 coming to the tablet while maintaining the current BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 user interface..

So let me get this right. You want bb10 on the pb but want to keep the OS 2.1 UI?

The pb OS 2.1 UI is bb10 already. I have stated in posts many times that the first noticeable thing about my Z10 which I believe is running bb10 was the UI made it to all intense and purpose a miniature pb!

You just like confusing me really don't you?
    03-29-13 08:52 AM
    I'm not sure why people would even use bridge. Wow my phone is a remote control, yawn. It is easier responding to emails from the Z10 than the PlayBook, due to the superior keyboard. so why bother with bridge? I haven't turned my PlayBook on since I got the Z10.

Am I missing something about bridge? There seems to be a lot of talk about it, yet it just seems a bit lame to me. Maybe I'm missing something? What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:31 AM
    I'm not sure why people would even use bridge. Wow my phone is a remote control, yawn. It is easier responding to emails from the Z10 than the PlayBook, due to the superior keyboard. so why bother with bridge? I haven't turned my PlayBook on since I got the Z10.

Am I missing something about bridge? There seems to be a lot of talk about it, yet it just seems a bit lame to me. Maybe I'm missing something? What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z10 also. When you have yours together just check the size of the screens for a start. You may notice a difference? Then again you may not. All I know is that when I am working on my pb I am used to constantly receiving emails and text messages. With bridge I simply switch from what I'm doing to the app concerned, read and/or respond and then carry on working. With my Z10 I have to stop what I'm doing, put the pb down, get my Z10 out, open the app, read/respond, close the app down, put the Z10 away........... Do you get the drift. Ease of use = happy user in my case. Why complicate things when you don't have to. In your lifestyle you obviously don't require the bridge facility, but trust me whatever people use/used bridge for, it was good for them.
    JeepBB and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    03-29-13 09:45 AM
47 12