Success ? Failure ?

Convinced you should buy a blackberry phone to complete your playbook tablet ?

Your opinions here !

NOTE : THINK ABOUT DOWNLOADING THE NEW BRIDGE APP FROM APPWORLD BEFORE SAYING IT DOESN'T WORK.
    Last edited by Bakamushi; 10-03-12 at 02:30 PM.
    10-03-12 02:25 PM
    SMS text alone is a plus for me. that is an upgrade.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-03-12 02:27 PM
    I can't see SMS app anywhere???
    10-03-12 02:27 PM
    I can't see SMS app anywhere???
    are you bridged with your BB & have you updated the bridge app.
    10-03-12 02:30 PM
    Possibly due to the WiFi Bridge background connection over bluetooth. Bridge apps open quicker and are more responsive.
    10-03-12 02:41 PM
    Success

I'm happy with this update. SMS for the few times I use it. (maybe more now)

The browser is better than the beta 2.1 I had for nearly two days and it seems snappier than previous OS's
    taz323 and Toodeurep like this.
    10-03-12 02:50 PM
    I'm happy! I LOVE the new Bridge email setup and the SMS text!
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-03-12 02:54 PM
    Is smoother all around, so far worth the wait.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-03-12 03:04 PM
    The new Bridge functionality is great. Now that it runs through Wi-Fi, the range is extended incredibly. Technically speaking, you can have your phone in your office and be on the other side of your company, or on another floor, as long as it's the same network... you will still be able to BBM and SMS.
    10-03-12 03:19 PM
    I'm going with successful the sms is nice to have as well as the pim email.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-03-12 03:27 PM
    Does the new bridge work with bluetooth ?

Like when you are in a restaurant or something ?
    10-03-12 03:39 PM
    Yeah new bridge works w/BT. My phone is on BT with bridge only and it's working fine.
    10-03-12 03:41 PM
    I love having my sms text messages over the bridge, plus the extended range due to the wifi feature being added to the bridge connection.

However, I also point out the lack of "mms" (i.e., the ability to send/receive/view pictures attached to text messages) over the bridge is a much needed upgrade. I notice that on my BB phone, if I send a picture over sms, the picture is viewable from inside the sent text message. But these "mms" messages don't appear on the PB over the bridge.

I've also noticed that when I send a picture over BBM, I cannot view that picture later from inside BBM even on the phone itself. (It works this way already, nothingness do with the PB OS upgrade). My point being that there are still a few hokey things like that dogging the software gurus at RIM. Hopefully these "minor" hiccups will be sorted out when BB10 rolls out.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-03-12 03:41 PM
    Does the new bridge work with bluetooth ?

Like when you are in a restaurant or something ?
    Hey there Bakamushi,

I assume you know that the previous version of the bridge worked using bluetooth to connect the PB to the BB phone. The new version continues to use bluetooth, and it adds a new feature so that if both devices are on the same wifi network, the bridge connection can go through wifi as well as bluetooth. This will be useful if your devices are too far away from each other to hold a stable BT connection.
    10-03-12 03:47 PM
    Mmh yes, with RIM's reputation in messaging I would never have imagined that they would miss a feature like MMS. For instance take a picture with you playbook and send it immediately via bridge.

They do make efforts, but they are always short of something...
    10-03-12 03:49 PM
    Hey there Bakamushi,

I assume you know that the previous version of the bridge worked using bluetooth to connect the PB to the BB phone. The new version continues to use bluetooth, and it adds a new feature so that if both devices are on the same wifi network, the bridge connection can go through wifi as well as bluetooth. This will be useful if your devices are too far away from each other to hold a stable BT connection.
    Yes but as far as I am concerned I will be using bridge mostly when no wifi connection is available. If... I ever buy a BB phone...
    10-03-12 03:52 PM
    Is it better than the Nokia suite messaging on PC ?

Can people with little skills use it easily ?
    10-04-12 04:46 AM
    Is it better than the Nokia suite messaging on PC ?

Can people with little skills use it easily ?
    I find it quite easy to use. I haven't used Nokia suite messaging to give a comparison but bridge isn't complicated at all. My grandmother uses it and she isn't exactly a tech wiz.

EDIT: RIM has a tutorial video that shows some of the neat things you can do with bridge. I'm leaving for work but I can find the link later. Watch it and see if you think it's simple enough.
    Last edited by KiLuMaNaTi; 10-04-12 at 05:06 AM.
    10-04-12 05:02 AM
    Bridge is the reason I have a tablet. This latest update rounds out the portfolio nicely. As some have mentioned, there are still a few gaps but I anticipate further improvements once BB10 gets rolling.
    10-04-12 05:12 AM
    Another Jam tomorrow
    10-04-12 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD