I'm not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue. If you take a look at the screen shot that i have attached, you'll notice that as i type the letters are showing offset to the left. They start off in a centered position but as i type over time they are slowly moving off center. It's not a big issue but little things like that slowly drive me nuts. I've remedied the problem by restarting (full power down) but it comes back. anyone else?

ps. i also found if you hold a letter down you can get their french alternative. ex. hold down "e" and you'll get � or � or � or �... you get it....
    04-21-11 09:46 AM
    No, I did not get that, but I was having an issue of while I was typing the darn keyboard would shut down, go away. I went into Options - Keyboard and changed it from Automatic type to Qwerty and never had the problem again.
    04-21-11 09:55 AM
    ha wow, i never hold the keys long enough to notice how centered the projected letter is inside of the little square.
    04-21-11 10:05 AM
    Yep, the letters in blue are off to the left for me as well. I'm running 1690..
    04-21-11 10:10 AM
    @2001 yeah i can be a bit picky like that. little things like that will drive me insane. yes i know OCD much!

@mojoski i'm running .1960 aswell. Hopefully RIM knows about all these issues.
    04-21-11 10:18 AM
    bump for good measure.... want to see if anyone else is getting this... its so bad now the letters arent even showing now. see new pic...
    04-21-11 08:12 PM
    its fine on .1705
    04-21-11 08:21 PM
    That's interesting. I haven't noticed that with mine (1690). Does it happen in landscape only or portrait too? How long after a restart does it start shifting the letters? I last restarted about 24 hours ago, but no shifting yet. I do most of my typing in portrait if that makes any difference, about 80%.
    04-21-11 08:32 PM
    Yeah, I have that problem in portrait. The white letters also stay on the grey background on me.
    04-21-11 08:36 PM
    I'm on .1690 and noticed it earlier tonight.. very strange. I'm starting to wonder if RIM did any testing on this device before releasing it to the general public.
    04-21-11 08:40 PM
    Thats happens to me only in portrait mode it seems. Aside from the letters being skewed to the left the grey background (behind the keys) starts showing up all choppy with white marks if that makes sense.
    04-21-11 08:43 PM
    bump for good measure.... want to see if anyone else is getting this... its so bad now the letters arent even showing now. see new pic...
    I noticed mine were also off to the left a little, but didn't really think anything of it (running 1690 still). I do have to say though that pic is pretty hilarious lol
    04-21-11 08:45 PM
    well last i restarted was last night. ive been on in on and off throughout the day and i had to restart just now to get everything back centered. mine is also getting choppy and leaving white marks but they will on be there whilst the keyboard is on. once i put the keyboard back down again they disappear.

all of my typing thus far has been in landscape. so when they shift over again, which eventually they will, i will check again.

i guess we can just hope N wait and trust that RIM is aware of the problem and will fix it with the new update.

actually.... in typing this message i can already notice the letters starting to skew to the left...AHHHHHH. now i can answer your qu.... yes its the same in portrait too! *throws hands in the air*
    04-21-11 09:00 PM
    Thats happens to me only in portrait mode it seems. Aside from the letters being skewed to the left the grey background (behind the keys) starts showing up all choppy with white marks if that makes sense.
    Mine did that too. At first I thought maybe the pixels were dropping but not the case... just some residue over time with use. I feel sure it will be cleaned up over time, so not worrying about it now.
    04-21-11 09:09 PM
    Haven't seen it yet in either .1690 or .17whatever it's at now.
    04-21-11 09:28 PM
    Bump for more eyes... This is still happening with me and is slowly starting to drive me nuts! I can't imagine as to why this is still happening?

If this is still happening to you, what are guys doing about it?
    04-25-11 09:08 AM
    No, I did not get that, but I was having an issue of while I was typing the darn keyboard would shut down, go away. I went into Options - Keyboard and changed it from Automatic type to Qwerty and never had the problem again.
    this is definitely an interesting one. i have mine set to qwerty all the time anyway.

mine definitely experiences this same issue
    04-25-11 11:59 AM
    Offset could be a benefit.....

If you have big fingers, your presses could potentially block the letter totally.....
    04-25-11 12:05 PM
    happened to me as well. keys were so offset that they were OUTSIDE the blue keys when I typed, and they appeared (and remained) in the dark grey area between keys. it almost looked a physical kb with bread crumbs and other detritus; virtually dirty lol.

anyway, nothing a reboot didn't solve, but ya no, you're not alone ;D
    04-25-11 12:15 PM
    My letters disappear sometimes till the keyboard goes away.
    04-25-11 12:29 PM
    come on RIM give us an update!!!!
    04-25-11 11:55 PM
    Yup - happens to me as well.

I think switching between landscape and portrait a lot with the keyboard open accelerates this "feature". A reboot fixes it though so not too worried.
    04-25-11 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD