PlayBook CAN sync itunes music and video! In appworld are two apps just for that.
    True, but iTunes now also means on-device purchasing of music, movies and tv shows.
    02-12-12 02:11 PM
    True, but iTunes now also means on-device purchasing of music, movies and tv shows.
    Thanks for the tip, Tips
    02-12-12 02:30 PM
    Why the are you even trying to prove that. There is no "superior" item unless one of them being compared is just horrible. They have iPads and if they love it then let them keep it. You can let them try your playbook, and if they like it they can sell the ipads and get the playbook for cheaper, but otherwise you're acting like the the kind of religious people who try to convert you by force
    02-12-12 02:33 PM
    Who says iOS doesn't support Flash...here is proof that it does indeed support Flash.....

02-12-12 02:59 PM
    I always found Opera Mini faster and fully rendered the pages, where the Bb browser just...wasn't and didn't.

For what it's worth I also used Dolphin on Android.
    So, where does one obtain Opera Mini from? Download from internet or via AppWorld?
    02-13-12 05:10 AM
    I always found Opera Mini faster and fully rendered the pages, where the Bb browser just...wasn't and didn't.

For what it's worth I also used Dolphin on Android.
    So, where does one obtain Opera Mini from? Download from internet or via AppWorld? And does it work on Playbook?

Edit - Oh, I see. Download onto PC and then transfer to mobile device. Can't see a playbook option, sadly.
    Last edited by whitbags; 02-13-12 at 05:14 AM.
    02-13-12 05:12 AM
    It's amusing how so many people think a device represents them and are self-concious about what they use and judgemental about what others use. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and what works for each individual. Those who judge and attack others are the typically the ones who have self-confidence and self-image issues.
    Agreed. It's a personal preference issue. Because I have three different platrforms, I can comment as I use all three, but can identify in which situation I would use all three. The other tablets besides iPad can all be had at better price points which tends to be a deciding factor. I have an iPad 1. I didn't upgrade to the 2 because the 1 functions as perfectly fine since before the 2 came out. I could care less that I have the first generation. When the battery eventually gives out or it can't run the software efficiently anymore, I'll upgrade to whatever one is out then. Up until 2 months ago, I only had an iPad as a tablet, but I was interested in each tablet OS as they came out, and there are tons of Android users that wouldn't get an iPad to save their lives because they just feel it's too locked down. I definitely find it has many functions for me, and I like the UI way better than Android, but if Android was all I could have, it's not like I'd feel deprived either. And the PB doesn't have enough apps yet, but there are only a few more I wouldn't mind. It already has Docs to Go which is a big one for me, and quite literally a couple word games I wouldn't mind. My iPad and iPhone have whirls of apps that when I take a step back, I really never use. Some are free, some I paid for. I haven't made a single purchase on Android because I have so many iOS apps I paid for. Also, two of my most used iOS apps I use from my phone: my calendar and my bill payer. Most of the time if I'm in a doctor office or wherever waiting, I tend to read, so my totable Kindle is better there, or my phone where I can play one of my word games.
    I don't have to be defensive of my devices since I own all of them now, but even before, as an iPad only owner, I was interested to see what the others were like, and now I have them.
    02-13-12 06:37 AM
    This is just too much...Try to convince someone that your device is better than his it�s ok. But asking for advices on how to do it is just too much.
    Please use that wasted time on figuring out how to thether from an iphone 3gs
    02-13-12 08:42 AM
    Hers a new one;

My playbook didnt put me into my overdraft, unlike the extremely expensive iPad.

�399 for 16GB iPad?????

"Sorry hunny, but I bought an iPad so theres no food this month"
    02-13-12 12:46 PM
    Hers a new one;

My playbook didnt put me into my overdraft, unlike the extremely expensive iPad.

�399 for 16GB iPad?????

"Sorry hunny, but I bought an iPad so theres no food this month"
    Do you realize 16GB PB's regular price is the same as iPad price, and that's the typical price from retailers when it's not on sale?

The 16GB iPad at US$499 is actually far from extremely expensive, it was too low for competitors to match.
    02-13-12 01:51 PM
    Playbook as a DLNA server(streamer) is an announced feature of 2.0

Playbook as a DLNA client ( either renderer or transcoder ) is still a mystery, hence the reason I wrote my stupid little web server server to stream media files.

DLNA model

Storage/Streamer/Server
    Transcoder (optional)
    Rendering Client (for sources on the streamer or the transcoder )

The Transcoder layer may exist standalone, on the server or on the client.

[EDIT]
    Oh, snap, your IOS device can't stream anything but MP4
    LOL!!
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by pauldriver; 02-13-12 at 02:54 PM.
    02-13-12 02:50 PM
    So you have an iPad and use one of about 4 alternate browsers that support flash. Problem solved.
    I've used a few of those browsers on my iPad2, and they're not a good solution. It's one of the main reasons why I got a PB. And the PB does flash _very_ well.

Not giving up on my iPad by any means, there's way too many things it does that the PB doesn't.
    02-13-12 07:11 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD