Certain older YouTube apps will no longer be supported after April 2015

https://support.google.com/youtube/a...ort&hl=en&rd=1

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:30 AM
    I thought the Playbook just had a link to the mobile site?
    04-22-15 07:33 AM
    There is an app I use because the browser version is dreadfully slow and glitchy. Sounds like I'm about to lose its quick functionality. I think it's called you tube videos.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:55 PM
    Oh, and yes, you are correct. Looks like the browser is going to be my only option now.
    Drat.
    Back to Bridge with my phone until I find what I want and then launch it on the Playbook. Far less painful.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:02 PM
    Try Dophin Browser, snappier and more flash friendly...
    awindsr likes this.
    04-23-15 08:56 AM
    Nope, incorrect. It has its own native YouTube app.

For alternatives, there's the browser (as mentioned. Try Origami on iPad user agent). Stereotube, AFAIK, still works, too. You could also try TubeMate; lets you actually sign into your Google account, unlike other native options.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-23-15 09:14 AM
    Try Dophin Browser, snappier and more flash friendly...
    Dolphin doesn't support flash on the Playbook (nor does any other android app) .
    04-23-15 12:00 PM
    YouTube still working for me....

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:23 PM
    EOL is 01 May.

As we upgrade the YouTube Data API to bring more features, we’ll begin shutting down the old version on April 20, 2015.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-23-15 02:51 PM
    I have a Sony TV that is affected by this change and YouTube has stopped working on that, but the app still works fine on my PB.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-24-15 08:35 AM
    I have been using what I think is the native PB app. Will this be affected?
    04-28-15 10:29 PM
    I have been using what I think is the native PB app. Will this be affected?
    I guess we will find out soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:09 AM
    It will be affected. The video of death shows up in the native app.
    04-29-15 12:19 PM
    It will be affected. The video of death shows up in the native app.
    How do you get it to show up in the native app? The app I am using you would have to type in the info in the search bar and hope it comes up.
    04-29-15 05:46 PM
    If the top left video is not showing in your stock YouTube app, then maybe I'm wrong.

You tube app heads up-img_20140822.png
    04-29-15 06:49 PM
    If the top left video is not showing in your stock YouTube app, then maybe I'm wrong.
    yes,that vid does in fact show up in my stock app when i go to "most viewed".. which sucks then if cant view youtube on this either. The Native app was good since viewing Youtube via browser had become pretty useless at this point... loading etc is so slow.. Hopefully some of the other alternatives listed above will work. This is one of the few remaining things I enjoyed about the PB
    04-29-15 07:37 PM
    Funny, seems to work very well on all my PB. No problem here.... so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:11 PM
    Just use origami browser, set your mobile user agent to ipad in origami settings then go to mobile youtube to view videos faster than the desktop youtube version.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-30-15 01:36 AM
    I found the same thing but then you can not view or respond/edit to comments, I need an app that lets me sign the hell in on this PB. Driving me nutty, although I set mine to OPERA (it must be updated to blink engine somehbow on origami as does not take to mobile and is fastest along with FF's gecko) and everything works except sign in, no ;ag on viewing and scouring though. I use fast browser $1.99 now and swap back and fourth to origami or Fast (mostly use fast browser) for different things but at least my wonderful Quora.com works wonders on any browser, just wish the new or even old quora mobile would work as it doesn't although I prefer full desktop mode for mostly everything except quora, love the app. Back to youtube, I would even settle for a secondary app that did not alow you to view anything except comments and allowed you to sign in. I am debating whether to upgrade to the BB O10 on my playbook but think once I do there is no going back but I use my PB mostly for browsing (with flash/java) and Brides for sms messages is top priority, do not know how that would work. I did see this video tonight and found it finny how this guy is saying his wifi version is faster then his LTE version, how can that even be possible but he showed it and it was, in real time. His PB if you look (wifi version) was even on low, low battery compared to the other but yet the original PB was faster at 90% of the task. I don't get it.

I almost want to buy a LTE so bad just to check and test for myself. I see allot saying the processor is 1.2 but something like an arm has it extend to 1.5 - so confusing, I seriously am about to blow massive cash on a LTE just to see if it is faster or not while both using the SAME WIFI! No video like that has been done like this until this one here but even so, the wifi was running os10 dev while his lte was running standard yet still the closest thing we have to go by thus far as marks crackberry version was not a fair test at all as he was on the 4g and wifi was on wifi when testing speed.

Here is the link if anybody has any input, this was hard to find but best out there:
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-30-15 04:54 AM
    YouTube failed on me last night. Thankfully Tube Mate is still a go.
    04-30-15 07:20 AM
    YouTube failed on me last night. Thankfully Tube Mate is still a go.
    Yeah, I recently resideloaded this one. Better than I remember. Tubemate has the added benefit of letting you sign into your account. Shows comments too, I believe. Best of all, downloading for offline viewing.
    04-30-15 07:24 AM
    Yeah, I recently resideloaded this one. Better than I remember. Tubemate has the added benefit of letting you sign into your account. Shows comments too, I believe. Best of all, downloading for offline viewing.
    Hi Guys,

Would appreciate if you could confirm latest/best working version of Tubemate and where to get it?

Thanks

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    04-30-15 08:23 AM
    I need an app that lets me sign the hell in on this PB.
    Tubemate, as mentioned, or one of the android browsers- Maxthon or Dolphin.
    04-30-15 08:33 AM
    Hi Guys,

Would appreciate if you could confirm latest/best working version of Tubemate and where to get it?

Thanks

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    2.25 works and is available here:

http://107.150.58.162/Apk2Bar/bar/de...v2.2.5.636.bar

Not sure if newer versions work or not, but that one has a "thumbs up" so I went with it.
    04-30-15 08:39 AM
    Best of all, downloading for offline viewing.
    That's the only reason I use it.
    awindsr and axllebeer like this.
    04-30-15 09:51 AM
47 12