It is really rather sad, everyone wanted the Playbook right away, but now it seems like we're settling for a device you can actually use today. I read in several other threads about people already using iPad, or buying a Samsung Tab, just to fill the tablet void while we wait to hear more on Playbook. If this is you, let's hear your thoughts on why you couldn't wait.

Sadly, I too, have found myself using an iPad. Some family members gave it to me for my birthday on Friday. I would never spend my own money on an Apple device that locked you into iTunes for syncing, but now that I have it, I might as well try to make the best out of it. I find it ok, size is not a plus for me in this case. iOS stikes me as improved from when I used iPod touch. This firmware version lets you do task switching, its kinda nice. Not everything fully runs in the background, but I like playing my music while browsing.

Don't get me wrong, I would not use it if it weren't free. My family knew I was waiting for the Playbook, I couldn't shut up about Tablets so they said "here is something to mess with in the meantime" and there are some Apple fanatics in my family, I don't think they realize what the Samsung Tab is for what it is, just take for a knockoff or something.

I am still planning to try and see a final release Playbook up close when I can. I was going to save some of my tax refund to get it at launch, but I will have to wait and see what they announce for dates.
    12-21-10 10:10 AM
    I'm an adult. I can wait.
    justnora likes this.
    12-21-10 10:24 AM
    I'm an adult. I can wait.
    For sure. Cripes what's with this instant gratification need for today's kids?

Must be going crazy waiting for Santa, lol.
    12-21-10 10:48 AM
    I'm sorry if you guys don't like this post. But there are 20 other people on this site who also said they couldn't wait, I was trying to target a response from them.
    12-21-10 11:01 AM
    I'm sorry if you guys don't like this post. But there are 20 other people on this site who also said they couldn't wait, I was trying to target a response from them.
    what are u talking about re: "don't like this post"??? You asked a question, and you got some honest answers. Nothing in any of the posts indicates (to me) a dislike of your post. You need to buck up a bit and not be so sensitive to the responses you get. No one was rude or complaining about YOUR POST. They were merely giving their opinions on the topic of gratification. OK?
    oh, and like the judge says to the lawyers, "don't lead the witness, counselor".
    12-21-10 11:07 AM
    Dave you are right, I like your opinions, you seem really smart and I value what I've read of your posts. I was just a little thrown off that the first respnses were not a bunch of Tab users saying how nice it is have something in hand now. But I have to fave the facts like you said, everyone has a different opinion and I might not always like it.
    12-21-10 11:25 AM
    Dave you are right, I like your opinions, you seem really smart and I value what I've read of your posts. I was just a little thrown off that the first respnses were not a bunch of Tab users saying how nice it is have something in hand now. But I have to fave the facts like you said, everyone has a different opinion and I might not always like it.
    cool. I don't mind differing opinions--what gets me upset is rudeness such as I just received in another thread--rudeness (name calling) enough that I reported it and hopefully the offensive passage will be removed by the mods. people can be overly uncivilized on line, but because this is a moderated site, I EXPECT decency to prevail.
    12-21-10 11:29 AM
    Nah, I won't get anything else while I wait. A, I can't afford TWO tabs. And B, as pissed as I am at RIM for announcing so early and delaying so long, I still want a Blackberry device. Not an Apple or Galaxy or anything else. I like what RIM produces.

I just hope I'm not waiting for no reason. RIM better make this worth the irritating wait. And they better make it top-notch because you can bet your *** there will be plenty of new competition by the time they release this.
    justnora likes this.
    12-21-10 11:57 AM
    I pick up the Galaxy Tab every time I walk past it, I don't REALLY need a Tab, I want the playbook as a companion device to my Blackberry, really that is the biggest attraction to me, that and the screen will be just large enough to watch movies on a plane with a second person.

IF I was given a tablet, I probably would find a use for it, but I just can't see myself buying something before the Playbook comes out unless it can "amplify" my Blackberry experience.
    12-21-10 12:15 PM
    I can wait since Flash 10.1 is important to me when surfing the web as I have flash on my website.
    12-21-10 12:39 PM
    I do need a device sooner rather than later - and I want that device to be a tablet, but I'm not just going to buy something to have something. If a device comes out that I perceive to suit my needs just as well or better than the playbook before the playbook (or around the same time as the playbook), and the reviews are good, and the price is right, I will buy it. Not as a temporary solution but instead of the playbook.

I can't imagine buying a $700 tablet as a stop gap solution for 1-3 months, and then spending another $500 - $700 on the product you actually want. Crazy.
    12-21-10 12:40 PM
    if theres such thing as the storm 3 and it comes out before i may just get that :/
    12-21-10 12:46 PM
    I bought my wife an iPad 32gb wifi only unit for Christmas this year. She doesn't have a data plan other than unlimited texting, and doesn't want to pay an additional data fee. If the playbook would have been available, I would have gotten it for her.

I will wait for the Playbook to come out next year. It will be out just in time for my birthday :-)
    12-21-10 02:36 PM
    Novelty has worn off since I first found out about the PlayBook. But to answer your question, I don't think dropping 600+ on a tablet to replace it in a few months is really smart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 03:22 PM
    I bought my wife an iPad 32gb wifi only unit for Christmas this year. She doesn't have a data plan other than unlimited texting, and doesn't want to pay an additional data fee. If the playbook would have been available, I would have gotten it for her.

I will wait for the Playbook to come out next year. It will be out just in time for my birthday :-)
    Should have just wrote her in IOU. Rumour has it the new iPad will be out before the PB.

12-21-10 03:23 PM
    I wouldn't buy something to hold me over just for 3 months. I'm going to wait for the iPad2, PB to be out and decide if a Tablet is right then, or wait more.
    12-21-10 03:33 PM
    Since I don't have a true NEED for a tablet (I just want one), I am patiently waiting for the playbook's release. My wife has an ipad but it's a little bigger than what I would prefer to carry around on a daily basis.
    12-21-10 03:43 PM
    Ive played with the Galaxy Tablet numerous times since it was released. It's not bad, however, knowing now that the PB will allow me to connect/tether via my 9700, it seems silly to buy a Galaxy, without at least waiting to play with the Playbook. Why pay 2 data fees when I may not need to?

Am I annoyed? Yes.
    Is it the first or last time? "Lazaridis App says: It's foolish to fight the web..."
    12-21-10 03:59 PM
    I have had the 3G iPad from the day they first came out. The PlayBook will have to be good to replace it.

I am hoping it will but by the time the PlayBook comes out I will likely have a iPad2
    12-21-10 05:24 PM
    I have had the 3G iPad from the day they first came out. The PlayBook will have to be good to replace it.

I am hoping it will but by the time the PlayBook comes out I will likely have a iPad2
    Do you anticipate that the form factors will be quite similar? I figure there will be more convergence between them, than what Apple has now, despite Herr Jobs insistence that "7 inch tablets are DOA". I think he was talking out his posterior.
    12-21-10 05:55 PM
    I'm thinking about just getting a netbook or mac air instead.

12-21-10 08:31 PM
    None of the currwnt tablets meet my requirements, and as such are completely useless to me. Even the PB probably isn't going to work for me. So no; I'm not going to buy anything right now. Waiting to see all the options coming. Apple will get my business though if they turn the iPad into a tablet version of the MacBook Air. Not getting my hopes up though...

12-21-10 09:29 PM
    Do you anticipate that the form factors will be quite similar? I figure there will be more convergence between them, than what Apple has now, despite Herr Jobs insistence that "7 inch tablets are DOA". I think he was talking out his posterior.
    i don't want to sound dumb but what's herr mean?
    12-21-10 10:21 PM
    i don't want to sound dumb but what's herr mean?
    Think German. as in "Hitler"
    12-21-10 10:23 PM
    i wish i could afford a dang playpeice or a ipad or even a samsung,,,i cant even afford fuel for my car!!!! if you wanna donate your ipad dude,my lil boy would have a cheery x-mass!!! that way when you do get your playbook,you wont have 2!!! lol!!!
    12-21-10 10:35 PM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD