What brand/model portable router?
    I use this one:

ASUS - Networks- ASUS WL-330N3G

It's the size of a matchbox and the range is hugely impressive.
    FF22 and David in Durham like this.
    01-12-13 10:15 AM
    No tablets are just water down laptops.Playbooks been great for me for and the female guests and for a lay in day in bed.The form also helps greatly to be able to put it down and cruise about the house 1 handed.The browsers been great for me only time its sucked was when i was in a hotel connection sucked thats what messes up the browser poor internet speeds.

There's plenty room for improvement on the PB.But for generic tablet buyer the imporvements needed is only on the playing side of things games,movie watching that kind of leisure type stuff its coming but generally tablets are not ready to replace laptops for power users anwyay.

But its defo you disspaointed.Im more than happy for what I paid for I finally got female guests to shut up with ''Im bored talk'' and distrubing me during football and as I get to editing files and reading online.I know once the 10 gets pushed out and bbm is on there this things gonna go up a notch greatly.I hope RIm dont mess up the price and hike it to a silly amount in future the price has been a key point to this doing well if they set the price just right it will be good once the 10 is in on a PB.

Im very happy with mine.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-12-13 at 08:40 PM.
    01-12-13 11:54 AM
    I have been to the Netherlands lately and it served me very well at the Hotel because I didn't want to carry something 'big' around. I'm still thrilled for OS10.
    01-12-13 12:06 PM
    My PlayBook does exactly what I need it to. It's perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Are you disapointed with your PlayBook ?-img_00000074.jpg  
    01-12-13 12:11 PM
    Still loving mine. I use it extensively every day, unlike the HD iPad sitting in my office drawer.
    01-12-13 12:50 PM
    Best $149 I ever spent. Don't travel with a laptop (BB mini keyboard). Bridge works like a hose (BB9550). Best media server (HDMI)...Lot's of people willing to buy these on eBay and pay more than they were going for on clearance at Staples US. Once I get a music gateway, I will add that to the list as well.
    01-12-13 01:15 PM
    @ OP

I'll buy your Playbook from you, for a couple of quid or so...
    Just PM me to negotiate a price ...

Cheers
    "A couple of quid" won't cut it. It's a great, and priceless item for most. So I'd doubt you'd get anywhere.
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    01-12-13 01:56 PM
    I'm not disappointed at all. I use my PB everyday. And I got it since day one. I said before and ill say again, all the apps that I need are there and I use them a lot.
    Hopefully you'll come around, if not I'm pretty sure that you will sell it really easy.
    01-12-13 02:03 PM
    After 1 year, I am still loving it. I already did mention on another thread, it is a personal opinion which tablets you use. PlayBook, IPAD and Android tablets all serve different people. Some better than other in different aspects.
    01-12-13 02:28 PM
    I have had my PB for about 3 months. I never expected much, but I find it a high quality unit. I also have the keyboard,case,travel charger etc.

The apps that I use it for are good (eReader, marine Nav). It is fine for email and and OK for basic web use. But it is no substitute for a laptop for most normal computer uses. Nor would any tablet be. If I am at home, I use laptop for most things. But when travelling I will use PB for quick check of email or Google look up of something. Or maybe check sports scores. Sometimes as VOIP phone. Definitely as eReader at night.

I bought a to-do list app. But really, I can't see preparing all to-dos on PB. Much better to prepare them on laptop, but have capability of editing or adding to them on PB when away from base camp. This can probably be done with right app.

I wonder how many on this forum use their PB to read and type messages? Maybe a subject for a Poll My guess not very many.

It could turn out that tablets will die out just like Netbooks and PPCs once people learn their limitations. Maybe smartphones and tablets will morph into one. Size of present smartphone, but when opened larger tablet like screen.
    01-12-13 03:31 PM
    I was given my PlayBook (64 Gig) in December 2012 as a birthday gift. I have to say at first I was really pleased, but 6 weeks on I have become bored and frustrated with it. First and I feel most importantly is the lack of quality apps for the unit. Compared to IOS and Android devices the BlackBerry App market is laughable. But in the first few days I thought not a problem, the PlayBook supports Android Apps !! Wrong, there is no way to access the Android Market without a jailbreak on my unit running OS 2.1.0.1314, which is not how I expected Android support to work. (Who's fault is it you didn't do your due diligence by researching first?) You have to side load the apps(Oh teh noes! Really?!), so eliminating the need for one device.(Yeah, you need a compooder. Who actually expects to ONLY have one device, a tablet, to replace all other devices?) Then you spend hours downloading and side loading apps that don't work.. It seems Android compatibility is very limited, and the average consumer is, I feel being duped with the " Android Compatible " claims.

Support for the device is terrible, none of the people/companies creating apps for IOS and Android are bothering with PlayBook.
    (This is absolutely objectively verifiably false! To make such a statement is sloppy. Even a cursory look at app world would show you that EA, Roxio, Gameloft, Union, and others are there! What were you thinking when you typed this?!)

No support for BlackBerry's most popular app....BBM...... unless you have yet another BB device to Bridge through. What an over sight...
    (BBM is overrated. Why would you even want it? How many of your friends, honestly, actually have a BB phone? Even if you had BBM on the playbook, it seems like most of the people on there are in Vietnam, the Philippines, or the like. Ever heard of text messages?)

All in all after a few weeks this has become nothing more than a brick, getting very little use (mostly by my 6yr old) and I am currently looking at purchasing an Android device.
    The need to have access to a computer for getting any decent apps and a BB phone to use BBM means three units to get anywhere near a decent experience from the PlayBook, I am really disappointed in BlackBerry and the PlayBook. With just a little more thought this device could have easily challenged Apple and Android units.

Surely the PlayBook could have had a locked BB OS running the system but with full Android (I, and many others, would HATE to have the android OS operating on the playbook. The playbook's OS is unique, smooth, and innovative. If I wanted android, I'd buy android. I have a dual boot touchpad with web OS and Android. ICS is overrated IMO, and I don't want it dirtying up my playbook. ) support and most definitely the ability to interact on a stand alone basis with other BBM users.... I have tried to sell the unit but the first question is always "does it have BBM", the second you say "not without a separate BB phone" people don't want to know.(Oh, B*llsh*t! Most people don't care about BBM. And by the way, if you didn't even have a BB phone, and your friends don't have BB phones, then what the **** do you care about BBM? I think you're just grasping for things to complain about.)

Such a shame based on my experiences with BB phones I expected so much more from a BB Tablet. (Again, this makes me think you're a liar and a troll. Honestly, anybody with much real experience with BB phones would NOT expect much from BB products. The honest truth is BB has failed to innovate, or even keep up, for years. Even those of us who like BB acknowledge that. The playbook, when it came out, had virtually no good apps. It is SO MUCH BETTER now, and compared to BB phones, it is BETTER than most reasonable people would expect.
    What you posted could have been copied and pasted from a review written a year ago. It might have been true back then, but it is completely wrong today. And with only 3 posts, I think you're a troll.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    01-12-13 04:00 PM
    I hate to be one of the "Skype" whiners.....buuuuuut....I wish the damn thing had skype. I'm also concerned about BB10 not having skype and this notion of, "don't worry you'll have BBM video"
    Yeah, that will be handy seeing how....oh.....ZERO of my friends have BBM. So then I'm told, "hey! great news! You'll get FaceFlow!" Wow....really? You mean I'll get access to 400,000 users instead of more than 200 million....promise? LOL
    Other than that, I like my Playbook very much. No Browser issues or anything mentioned above....oh, I do wish there was a better way for the bookmarks to work on the browser....you can't rearrange them or anything without some long stupid "work around" I'm tired of work arounds....
    01-12-13 04:00 PM
    My playbook has been perfect. If I could change anything it would be a sd card slot. I find new uses for the playbook all the time.
    01-12-13 04:11 PM
    What the heck does number of posts have to do with anything??? I post rarely; but read these forums often.
    Have been doing so for years.

Hard to classify someone as a troll when, I think it's fair to say, the reaction to the original posters basic premise has been mixed-
    Banco likes this.
    01-12-13 04:15 PM
    I do wish there was a better way for the bookmarks to work on the browser....you can't rearrange them or anything without some long stupid "work around" I'm tired of work arounds....
    I don't find this to be a big issue. I save bookmarks to homepage and then file them all in a folder and sort alphabetical. Works great, every time I go to use web, I just open up folder and jump to the page I want. If in the browser it's easy enough to swipe back to folder and select another page.
    Toodeurep and graystuff like this.
    01-12-13 04:27 PM
    Anyone disappointed with your PB can kindly send it to me
    I can't wait till I can afford to pick one up. Put it in a stand up case, bridge the BB to it, who needs a laptop anymore?
    Stewartj1 and kozmo68 like this.
    01-12-13 04:32 PM
    Only two complaints.
    One is the lack of native java support.
    I can't view my security cams at home without it.
    I think this can be overcome with a little work, but I won't bother until the other item is addressed...
    I use tinyCam Monitor to remotely view cameras at work. We use a GeoVision setup which has the Java web interface, but tinyCam gets a JPEG feed meant for mobile devices. It's 1-3 FPS but good enough to see what's going on.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-13 04:54 PM
    Only two complaints.
    One is the lack of native java support.
    I can't view my security cams at home without it.
    I think this can be overcome with a little work, but I won't bother until the other item is addressed...

Which is, Slingbox. Only other App I need to make me love my playbook.
    Forums on here show no one (that I can find in my searches, anyway) has been successful in porting the Android Slingbox app (or any other) over to the Playbook.

So I end up leaving my Playbook at home when we travel and use my wife's Kindle on the road.
    Which makes me sad.

I called Slingbox today. No plans to offer a native app for Blackberry anytime soon, including BB10.

In general terms, "love" and "hate" usually get thrown around on the basis of how you use the device.
    Often on just one or two key measurements.

It seems solid, I love the look, feel, size, etc... there's just one or two things I REALLY want to do that I can't.
    Which keeps me from being able to say 'I love it.'

So for me, that qualifies as 'disappointing.'
    Doesn't mean it's not a great machine. It just doesn't do something I really want it to do.
    Try going into browser options a disaster turning java on. I think the default is off.
    01-12-13 05:10 PM
    Could not disagree more with OP. I use my PB daily as does my wife and many others I know. It works fantastically and I've been able to find pretty much every application I'm interested in. As for support from iOS and Android device, there's lots of it and much more coming with BB10.
    01-12-13 05:13 PM
    Suppose it depends on your needs....i'm more than happy with the browser,shopping,youtube,catch up tv,using it as a media player and streaming through the hdmi....not big into apps,i've downloaded a few.....never bought it for games,i have a ps3 for that..lol....tbh i wouldn't have liked to have paid the release price for one but for the two 64s i bought at �129 each here in the UK i'm happy enough with what the playbook can do.
    01-12-13 05:31 PM
    The fact that there is a thread called this TWO YEARS after release of the device says a lot about how it has stood the test of time
    01-12-13 05:38 PM
    How is it unfinished? OK, you're looking at pictures and you want to email someone one of them in a folder of 100's. While in the picture viewing app can you choose "send to", nope...
    Ok.. I'll give you that one. I hadn't thought of it, as I usually do that kind of thing from my phone.. but you're right, that's an option that should be there.. minor, but true.

Likely being addressed in BB10 I would think..
    01-12-13 05:54 PM
    Ok.. I'll give you that one. I hadn't thought of it, as I usually do that kind of thing from my phone.. but you're right, that's an option that should be there.. minor, but true.

Likely being addressed in BB10 I would think..
    Just what I was saying. I love mine, use it all the time. I am satisfied, not completely, because of those little things.
    01-12-13 06:11 PM
    Lol very funny the picture
    01-12-13 06:39 PM
    My playbook replace my Ipad. I work on the road and my playbook comes with me every day it also replace my laptop. If you need help ask on this forum. People are great here they help me to get through my Ipad addiction ...... Now I have another problem I'm a crackberry.
    01-12-13 06:46 PM
339 ... 23456 ...