Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default you can print from playbook

i recently switched from ipad to playbook. if you want to read that you can search for the thread titled "my journey from ipad to playbook."

since then i have read in numerous threads about how you cannot print from playbook but this is not true. when i used my ipad, i had to buy a hp e-print printer to be able to print from it. with this same printer, you can print from the playbook using the e-print function built into the printer. it took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out and set it up and since then i simply email any document i need printed to the email address i set up and 10 seconds later the document is printing from my printer. this works for pictures also.

i know apple says they have printing from the ipad but its only on a select few printers. using the same printers, you can also print from your playbook.
    Thanked by 26:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    AggreX (11-22-2011),  allsportsfan (02-02-2012),  alnamvet68 (12-17-2011),  Android Market for QNX (03-20-2012),  barskin (12-17-2011),  BBPandy (02-03-2012),  bbvj (02-02-2012),  berrysqueezer (12-23-2011),  guerllamo7 (11-22-2011),  Hgouck (11-22-2011),  hpjrt (12-17-2011),  hudsmom (03-30-2012),  jafobabe (12-17-2011),  jivegirl14 (11-22-2011),  jordandrews90 (12-17-2011),  JR A (12-13-2011),  jvictor77 (12-17-2011),  Kingkracker (02-02-2012),  klc99 (11-22-2011),  Megacharge (12-17-2011),  Pearl9100 (11-22-2011),  RetroAndreas (11-22-2011),  tharrison4815 (01-09-2012),  world traveler and former ceo (11-22-2011),  yetis_torch (11-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow ... I did not know this. Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Go on...So how did you print?

ePrint is an app right?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by craig.macfadyen View Post
    Go on...So how did you print?

ePrint is an app right?

No, he is saying that the printer has an email address and you just email your file to the printer. Email we have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

there is no app required. you go through your printer and computer to set up a specific email for it. once you have that email, it is a long list of letters and numbers but you can go onto hp's site and save an alias that makes more sense or is more memorable. i saved that address into my contact list and just email any document ascan attachment.

the nice thing now is i can print a document from anywhere in the world and it will be sitting in my printer tray when i get back to the office.

its very sweet.
    Thanked by 4:
    allsportsfan (02-02-2012),  Daruba (11-22-2011),  Pearl9100 (11-22-2011),  RetroAndreas (11-22-2011) 
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Default Cloud Print

I set mine up with Google Cloud Print. Is this a different or better way to print? I have an HP e-ready machine.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Really?

This is great info! Thanks man!
    ---------------------------------------------
    BB Torch 9850 Setar BIS (3G) OS 7.10163
    Playbook OS 2.0.07971
    Yes also an iPad 2, iMac and other Apple stuff
    ---------------------------------------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    898 Global Posts

Great post. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

The printer I bought a while back for my Wife has the eprint option and never really thought it a usefull thing untill just now..

Best part is the printer was not overly expensive by anymeans and it's just another feature/option it has vs. a paid addon/subscription so it's a win win win ..

Damn do I sound like Charlie Sheen now ? ... LOL..

WINNING!! :P
    Ivan M. Shaw
    Bold 9700, Bold 9900 Z10 in Black
    PlayBook 32GB WIFI
    Mentoria Computer Consulting
    CrackBerry User

i have a wireless printer so i should be able to download the software to set up the wif fi or am i a mile off.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

is it a wifi HP printer ?

It's not an "additional" download but part of the setup right off the HP cd.

http://h30495.www3.hp.com/help#eprint

Some added info ..

Other Manu's likely have a similar but till now I've never bothered to actually look at the feature so not sure which others have it .
    Ivan M. Shaw
    Bold 9700, Bold 9900 Z10 in Black
    PlayBook 32GB WIFI
    Mentoria Computer Consulting
    Thanked by:
    D_Whatley (12-17-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow! Thanks for the thread! The utility of the pb and bb just went another notch.
    Thanked by:
    Have_a_nice_day (02-08-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

for me the advantage over google cloud printing is that i can print a document straight from my playbook and dont have to save it to google docs first. google cloud printing will work too. i have done both, i just prefer this way because i find it gives me more flexibility. i can print from google cloud or my device using the same email saved into my contact list.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i just got an epson printer that does the same thing....very cool
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Well, well, isn't the PB much cooler now? Which reminds me, my daughter wants to know if she can take the PB to her university and print documents on "for student use only" printers available in the school library? She says the kids with the iPads do it, and I'm curious how to accomplish this.
    adrimo and Sosa-22 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Don't let your printer email address get onto a spam list!
    Thanked by 2:
    curvezzz (12-17-2011),  soxypirate (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,311 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Default Phones TOO!

Not limited to PB y'all. I set my printer as a contact in my phone and can print anything from my BB, too.

Another choice is HP ePrint app. Lets you print on the go from your phone to any ePrint affiliated printer - lik FedEx, MailBox businesses, etc. So you're not limited to your printer, print in almost any city you are in from your BB and PB.
    CrackBerry User

my printer is an epsom
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    PIN
    ;-)

i use a wireless hp printer,is there any way i can print something off my pb? thanks
    crackel berry pop
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JREwing View Post
    I set mine up with Google Cloud Print. Is this a different or better way to print?
    This is easy without having to purchase a special printer:

How to print files from Playbook: jpg (photos), doc (from Word2Go), pdf
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,311 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk rcer View Post
    i use a wireless hp printer,is there any way i can print something off my pb? thanks
    what printer? make/model?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    PIN
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DocDRM View Post
    what printer? make/model?
    hp deskjet 3050.....walmart special
    crackel berry pop
    CrackBerry Addict

I just got an HP Laserjet P1102w as an early Christmas present. It's a great little wireless printer. After downloading the lastest firmware and updates I'm able to wirelessly print from all my various devices (laptops -PC and Mac, HP touchpad, iPhone (airprint), and the PlayBook (using ePrint)). Set up was easy. I didnt bother with the CD, just went to the HP site for the latest firmware/drivers.

This (black and white) printer has a small footprint and retails for $150, but often goes on sale ($50-$100). It definitely works with the PlayBook using ePrint.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Thanks for the thread. I checked my printer using the link, found it compatible and set up the access

alnamvet, assuming the same technology, she needs the email address of the printer and probably has to send from her assigned student email account.
    Of all the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alnamvet68 View Post
    Well, well, isn't the PB much cooler now? Which reminds me, my daughter wants to know if she can take the PB to her university and print documents on "for student use only" printers available in the school library? She says the kids with the iPads do it, and I'm curious how to accomplish this.
    Do these "student use only" printers have WiFi or Internet connectivity? If the printers are WiFi-enabled the Cortado application installed on a BlackBerry smartphone can be used to print documents. This is how I currently print documents though it is not directly from the BlackBerry PlayBook. I am surprised Cortado has not released a version specifically for this tablet because it is a fantastic product.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast