Where are the boys from TAT in their quest for glory with the pb? I was hoping to see more involvement with TAT and the playbook but im no expert. I love my playbook but with skills like theirs and being part of rim, lets bust some whips out and get those boys developing! Any thoughts?
    07-22-11 06:32 PM
    TAT ui stuff is part of the ndk. It's not just about developing consumer facing apps.
    07-22-11 06:46 PM
    TAT ui stuff is part of the ndk. It's not just about developing consumer facing apps.
    Ah yes, that makes sense. I just loved some of the things they did in the preview videos for the PB. What can one do with the ui stuff in the ndk?
    07-22-11 06:48 PM
    Friend of mine just got a new TAT. It's a picture of an Apple squashing a berry.
    07-22-11 06:51 PM
    Friend of mine just got a new TAT. It's a picture of an Apple squashing a berry.
    haha good story, was the apple grown from a tree of ideas stolen from every other company ?
    jesse_h likes this.
    07-22-11 06:52 PM
    TAT's goal since they were acquired by RIM has been to bring their design philosophies into the company and incorporate it with where RIM is heading on their new QNX platform for PlayBook.

They did some great work for Android with live wallpapers and other things in the past. Now you can see the direction they are taking the PlayBook with native applications like the picture viewer, calculator, and downloadable ones like Scrapbook. Their aim seems to be intuitive and fluid interfaces that make the experience seamless and full of eye candy. Since they are on board for the development of the PlayBook NDK, expect developers to encorporate their vision with their apps. Developers and customers of the applications alike should be excited.

We seem to be hearing an October release for the NDK at DevCon, but a beta version could pop up earlier.

They also have concepts that can be seen online that may give insight into what is to come in the future with native apps. Here are some of them with an explanation better than I can give....straight from the source!

Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 07-22-11 at 07:05 PM.
    peter9477, Schlymer and paulvr01 like this.
    07-22-11 07:02 PM
    Nah it was grown from a tree, but that was dying and when it was saved by microsoft it turned to evil.
    07-22-11 07:16 PM
    Where are the boys from TAT in their quest for glory with the pb? I was hoping to see more involvement with TAT and the playbook but im no expert. I love my playbook but with skills like theirs and being part of rim, lets bust some whips out and get those boys developing! Any thoughts?
    The guys from TAT are all probably wearing suits by now. The real development will come with major developers having a go. I hope I am dead wrong and the guys from TAT are sitting in some dark room cooking up some sick apps.
    07-22-11 08:23 PM
    we no longer expect application from TAT because of android player.
    07-22-11 08:26 PM
    we no longer expect application from TAT because of android player.
    Whys that? lol I think that should be more incentive to get their gears on fast forward to get some stuff out the door beside an update to scrap book. I wanna see all that pizzaz they showed us at the bb show and how about some 3d?
    CrackATL likes this.
    07-22-11 08:33 PM
    They may have them focused on the QNX phone UI, which will eventually be the tablet ui. TAT was bought after the Playbook was in development.
    07-22-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD