So after 11 months, I finally slipped up and left my PlayBook behind in school while I was doing work. I tried seeing if it was still connected to my schools wifi using the IP Addr (like if you were to use wifi to transfer files) and since it didn't connect, I figured someone must have taken it with them.

So my question is: is there anyway to flag the Serial Number or BB PIN associated with my lost/stolen PlayBook? Now would be a good time if RIM made BlackBerry Protect avaliable on them
    04-07-12 12:07 AM
    Not sure what all questions they would ask you, but here are the phone#'s...

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]
    LewLew23 likes this.
    04-07-12 12:41 AM
    BlackBerry Protect is available for Playbook provided you have it installed on your BB Phone. Get the APP.
    04-07-12 09:00 AM
    BlackBerry Protect is available for Playbook provided you have it installed on your BB Phone. Get the APP.
    Can you elaborate on this
    04-07-12 09:10 AM
    What do you mean by this?
    04-07-12 11:01 AM
    So after 11 months, I finally slipped up and left my PlayBook behind in school while I was doing work. I tried seeing if it was still connected to my schools wifi using the IP Addr (like if you were to use wifi to transfer files) and since it didn't connect, I figured someone must have taken it with them.

So my question is: is there anyway to flag the Serial Number or BB PIN associated with my lost/stolen PlayBook? Now would be a good time if RIM made BlackBerry Protect avaliable on them
    If you remember your pin try getting someone to video call the PlayBook. Maybe you'll get lucky
    04-07-12 11:42 AM
    If you remember your pin try getting someone to video call the PlayBook. Maybe you'll get lucky
    This is a good idea too. I'll try this when I can, thanks!
    04-07-12 08:27 PM
    All thes. If threads promoted me to password protect my PlayBook. Much as I hate to. Hope you get yours back.
    04-07-12 09:06 PM
    The BB Protect app is for the contacts on your BlackBerry smartphone, if there was a way to duplicate and restore my contacts directly to my PlayBook without using the BB Bridge contact list, please elaborate as quite a few of us are curious. My phone backs up daily but I've never seen PlayBook support from the BB phone app.
    04-08-12 12:47 AM
    All thes. If threads promoted me to password protect my PlayBook. Much as I hate to. Hope you get yours back.
    Yeah it was password protected since day one. The funny thing is, the PlayBook is becoming increasingly more popular in my school, mainly because everyone always sees me using mine and asks me "omg what is that?! Is that like, a Blackberry iPad?!"
    04-08-12 10:04 AM
    Sucks to hear, man. I graduated a few years ago so I don't use mine for school, but I am always very cautious about where I take it. I am going to the Jays home opener tomorrow and thought it'd be great to use for pictures/videos but realized there would be so many ways that I could lose it/have it stolen so I am keeping it at home. I'd hate to lose it in class. Hopefully someone has the decency to return it to the lost and found, especially if they can't use it due to the password. I don't have a lot of faith in that in today's world, but there are still some good people out there. Good luck to you.
    04-08-12 01:20 PM
    If my 8520 phone has the password active then my address and home telephone number shows up on the screen, that should be standard for the playbook at least.
    04-08-12 03:30 PM
    Sucks to hear, man. I graduated a few years ago so I don't use mine for school, but I am always very cautious about where I take it. I am going to the Jays home opener tomorrow and thought it'd be great to use for pictures/videos but realized there would be so many ways that I could lose it/have it stolen so I am keeping it at home. I'd hate to lose it in class. Hopefully someone has the decency to return it to the lost and found, especially if they can't use it due to the password. I don't have a lot of faith in that in today's world, but there are still some good people out there. Good luck to you.
    Hopefully someone returns it. If not, I'm just gonna end up replacing it. But thanks, and enjoy the opener! Missed the Mets opener myself lol
    04-08-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD