I have read a lot of the old threads on this issue but I do not plan on storing a lot of songs,movies or files on my PB. Will 16gb be big enough for future OS updates and for some future "business" type apps such as file management etc.
    05-17-11 08:48 AM
    So far it's working out for me, and I have tons of apps, PLUS a few movies!
    05-17-11 08:56 AM
    I also have a 16gb, and I do have a lot of music I'd like to have on my Playbook, and I do cycle some videos on it. It makes an excellent video player, but I'm already almost full. The apps in general are quite small, and documents like PDFs and Word docs surely won't take up the 14gb you have access to on the 16gb model, so you shouldn't need to opt for more storage if media isn't your priority.

Also, if you have a MicroSD card in your 9650, you can view and edit documents right from there, so that's more space at your disposal.

Personally, I wish that either I had the 32gb version, or that I could listen/watch directly from my BB SD, but that's just me.
    05-17-11 09:14 AM
    When I purchased I decided I could "afford" the extra $$ for the 32gigs and that it would hopefully be sufficient with a bunch of music and a number of videos. Since I've come close to filling the 16gig sd card on my BB, I should be more generous on the pb - 32g seemed appropriate. But I figure, other than some very favorite videos, most would be swapped in/out as new ones replaced others. 64g seemed to pricy for an "experimental" purchase. We all have our personal price-points.
    05-17-11 09:46 AM
    Since there are a lot of changes/enhancements in the future, I just want to make sure that a 16gb will be able to handle the OS upgrades, as I mentioned, music and video storage is not needed for me.
    05-17-11 11:03 PM
    By the time you fill up your 16GB Playbook the Playbook 2 will be out, so you'll probably just sell the first one anyone, so it's likely you won't even need 16gb.
    05-17-11 11:20 PM
    Since there are a lot of changes/enhancements in the future, I just want to make sure that a 16gb will be able to handle the OS upgrades, as I mentioned, music and video storage is not needed for me.
    simple answer is YES.
    you don't expect the OS to occupy 12GB of your Playbook.

do what i did, i got the 16GB and will be using the $100 extra for the Bold Touch which i'll be buying with the retail price.
    Ittles likes this.
    05-17-11 11:31 PM
    you better get the 64,i have 32 not enough
    05-17-11 11:42 PM
    I'm not sure why I'm answering this... But do you really think the Playbook OS will take up as much HD space as OS/X or Windows 7?

There will be space for updates. If space is needed then in 14 GB of data I'm sure there will be a way to make space without taking a factorable hit to your quality of life...

Why didn't you get a 32 GB device?
    05-17-11 11:48 PM
    N8TER, for me, the PB is a want not a need. Spending the extra $$ for storage that I won't use is a waste. I am surprised at how useful this PB is, in fact, I find that for most days I can take the PB with me in the field instead of my laptop. I just want to make sure that as the PB evolves the 16mb will be enough to keep up with the new apps and OS. I really don't pay much attention to how much space apps and OS take up thus my question. Thanks everyone for your input, I think I will keep the 16mb and like Mark said use the extra cash to up grade to a new phone.
    05-18-11 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD