I just have to get used to typing without auto correct, predictive text and spell correction.
    Chuckle, kinda like we all had to in grade school.

The number of errors in punctuation, spelling and especially usage have increased with auto-correction, not decreased. We've had this in e-mail programs and word processors for years, and e-mail and documents (including newspaper articles in the major dailies) are rife with mistakes, especially words that are correctly spelled but improperly used.

The reason? No proofreading. We want to dash off stuff without thought or taking a minute to see if it is what was we intended. We can't hit the extra keystroke to correct a typo or shift for an apostrophe... too much effort! If it's in the device or program dictionary or predicitive text bank, it's auto-corrected on the fly, and sent without ever being reviewed. I mean, who has the time?

Although there are sometimes great results:

NSFW: Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories

Bottom line, learn to spell and review before you send... there's too much whining about a lack of something that's a convience, not a necessity... like a certain much-hyped game I purchased and got bored with within an hour.

/soapbox
    12-31-11 09:03 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD