Does anyone know if there is a yahoo messenger app available or planned?
    Is there a third party app that can do this? It was a native from yahoo on my bold I believe but I don't see anything for playbook. Yes I'm old school - nobody will ever get me to sign into facebook twitter or whatever, so don't even go there..and yes I know about BBM, but I got friends without Blackberries - hard to imagine I know. Thanks!
    Viorel Ispas likes this.
    06-10-11 01:49 PM
    Might have better luck in the PB apps forum

http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/
    06-10-11 02:31 PM
    From the browser you can log into webmessenger.yahoo.com. Works well.
    06-10-11 03:29 PM
    mmmm......I try this but it says the sign in pop up was blocked? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    06-10-11 05:30 PM
    my yahoo works good from the browser but a good app would be better
    06-10-11 11:30 PM
    From the browser you can log into webmessenger.yahoo.com. Works well.
    I can log in but what I type doesn't show up. How are you using it?
    06-11-11 05:35 AM
    mmmm......I try this but it says the sign in pop up was blocked? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    had to play around a bit to work myself

make sure private browsing is off and pop ups are turned on
    06-11-11 06:35 AM
    it would have been better if there was a dedicated messenger for yahoo and hotmail as on the BB phones, however we can use this website for chatting on yahoo and msn on the BB playbook
    Web and Mobile Messenger for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, Google Talk, Facebook | eBuddy that works fine
    hope that helps
    01-04-12 04:32 AM
    download im+ from the app world, it does ym, it cost $10 but worth it. more stable the browser. its not perfect but more pb i expect than the app. enjoy
    01-04-12 05:29 AM
    Why on earth would you need an app when the Playbook supposedly has a "full" browser"? Apps are evil!!
    01-04-12 05:44 AM
    for me the app is ideal, yahoo.com and fb.com blocked on corporate wifi but the firewall allows the app out to chat.

as for using the browser, its to slow on ym and fb chat, erratic to use and i hate the keyboard just dissapearing from time to time.

im+ has increased my pb use 1000%
    01-04-12 06:35 AM
    download im+ from the app world, it does ym, it cost $10 but worth it. more stable the browser. its not perfect but more pb i expect than the app. enjoy
    Does it keep you active when in the background or does it sign you out and then you need to refresh or sign back in when you go back to it?
    01-04-12 06:59 AM
    stays active in the back, beeps when you get a message, easily allows you to flick between different messengers. I bet it would have had video for skype but rim probably pulled it!
    01-04-12 07:14 AM
    Thanks. How about in standby? I imagine none of them stay active then? The problem I have with all of the web based ones is they time out when they are not the focus.
    01-04-12 07:27 AM
    times out after a while, not really aware when. reconnects when the pb connects to wifi again. most useful app for me so far.. semi-native messaging. (skype and ym being the big ones for me being an expat abroad)
    01-04-12 07:30 AM
    times out after a while, not really aware when. reconnects when the pb connects to wifi again. most useful app for me so far.. semi-native messaging. (skype and ym being the big ones for me being an expat abroad)
    Does it work over bridge with no wifi avail?
    01-04-12 07:34 AM
    sorry to use the bridge, use an iphone as a hotspot i doubt it would though, most things don't if im right? also if i used the bridge on my work phone it would go through the BIS service and chat would be flitered out on the WAN
    01-04-12 07:38 AM
    Thanks. I need something that works while there is no wifi using bridge. My main use for the playbook is away from home where there is no wifi.
    01-04-12 07:42 AM
    ipad or galaxy or get im+ for your BB phone, thats what I used to use when I was tied to RIM.
    01-04-12 07:48 AM
    ipad or galaxy work through bridge?
    01-04-12 07:52 AM
    ipad or galaxy or get im+ for your BB phone, thats what I used to use when I was tied to RIM.
    LOL no thanks. I have yahoo on my phone but don't like going back and forth between phone and playbook. I could turn my bb into a hotspot but I'd probably have to pay for it which is why bridge is so awesome. I'm sure someone will come up with one.

I did get simple browser+ last night and so far ebuddy seems to be staying active in a tab unless I go into standby.
    01-04-12 07:59 AM
    But, can you do voice and video calls thru the web yahoo messenger?
    03-04-12 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD