Considering the native email on the PB is a non-working joke - if you want full IMAP folder support - it was great to have had the Android Yahoo app that gave full mail implementation.

Unfortunately, that was broken by the 1088 update. However, I've discovered that Kaiten Mail (Android app) still works and works beautifully, with multiple accounts possible, full IMAP (including folder) implementation, and multiple customizable options. It will keep emails forever, if you want it.

It's great to have a functioning PB again.

Absolutely no thanks to RIM.
    12-12-12 10:25 AM
    I was premature. I can't seem to add Yahoo contacts to Kaiten so that they are recognized when composing an email. Back to square one.

Anyone got a fix?
    12-12-12 05:15 PM
    LOL great thread!!!
    12-12-12 07:36 PM
    I was premature. I can't seem to add Yahoo contacts to Kaiten so that they are recognized when composing an email. Back to square one.

Anyone got a fix?
    Yes, probably. First, log into your Yahoo account on your PC. Go to Contacts. Then choose "Export" from the "tools" dropdown menu. Then choose export as "vCard Single File". Next, take this VCF file, and transfer it to your PB in the SDcard folder. Then, if you don't already have it, install Ghost Commander from app world. Open Ghost, and from the homescreen, tap "Applications". Scroll down to "Contacts", tap it, then tap "Shortcuts". Now tap "Contacts-Main". The android Contacts app will then open. From here, swipe down from the top and choose Import/Export. Then select Import from SD Card. It will then search for your VCF file and add contacts from it. Now, open your mail app and see if your contacts show up. If they do, go have a beer.
    Symeonify and Michel Souris like this.
    12-12-12 10:05 PM
    Will try tonite. Thanks.
    12-13-12 09:53 AM
    Just looked that over - problem is that Outlook (on my computer) does not export vcard format. I guess there's a few intermediary formats and 3rd party apps!
    12-13-12 01:16 PM
    Yahoo mail sucks. I can't believe people still use it like AOL. Any mail provider this day and age that charges for a outgoing mail server called yahoo plus can shove it up their you know what.
    12-13-12 01:18 PM
    I use Yahoo as it's the default service offered by my cable company - Rogers, in Ontario. I'd like to switch to another service, but the daunting thought of all \those web sign-ins having to be re-done just exhausts me. One of these days ....
    12-13-12 01:30 PM
    Just looked that over - problem is that Outlook (on my computer) does not export vcard format. I guess there's a few intermediary formats and 3rd party apps!
    You can't access your Yahoo account through your desktop browser?
    12-13-12 03:25 PM
    You can't access your Yahoo account through your desktop browser?
    Actually, I'm just looking for a way to export/reuse Outlook Contacts for various scenarios. That vcard method seemed interesting.
    12-13-12 04:43 PM
    Yes, probably. First, log into your Yahoo account on your PC. Go to Contacts. Then choose "Export" from the "tools" dropdown menu. Then choose export as "vCard Single File". Next, take this VCF file, and transfer it to your PB in the SDcard folder. Then, if you don't already have it, install Ghost Commander from app world. Open Ghost, and from the homescreen, tap "Applications". Scroll down to "Contacts", tap it, then tap "Shortcuts". Now tap "Contacts-Main". The android Contacts app will then open. From here, swipe down from the top and choose Import/Export. Then select Import from SD Card. It will then search for your VCF file and add contacts from it. Now, open your mail app and see if your contacts show up. If they do, go have a beer.
    I don't know why anyone with a BlackBerry PlayBook with native apps would want an Android work around that is dependent on an Android app to function. The desire is to populate the the PlayBook's native contacts app to use in the PlayBook's native email app.

If you want Android apps to do your stuff with then why not simplify and get an Android tablet.

I didn't buy the PlayBook to use complex Android work arounds. I do appreciate the effort and it is very creative but why have the PlayBook if you can't use its native apps?

There's tons of threads concerning the PlayBook's ability to sync PIM data with a local PC without a BES server or a cloud service just the way current BB phones sync and I hope it does with BB10. Otherwise this household will be making another platform change and it certainly wont favor increasing Google's revenues as their ad ware mule.
    schiri likes this.
    12-14-12 07:30 PM